Coffee card confusion

Ace_at_sea

1 hour ago, jlp20 said:

You might be right except for one factor. For EACH cruise, you agree to the current "cruise contract" by just stepping on the ship. 

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/

And the contracts become more One Sided every time.

Soon they will require the paying passengers to row the ship between ports like galley slaves.

22 minutes ago, Taxwizz said:

And the contracts become more One Sided every time.

Soon they will require the paying passengers to row the ship between ports like galley slaves.

The solution is rather simple. Sell the cards or take the loss. Princess made the announcement about the change about a year ago and you have no standing legally.

8 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

The solution is rather simple. Sell the cards or take the loss. Princess made the announcement about the change about a year ago and you have no standing legally.

Great idea.

But....You CAN'T sell the coffee card as it is on your Cruise Card.

That is the problem.

So ya gotta eat the unused coffee.

They have all the lawyers, so we know that we have no legal standing.

But THEY have no MORAL standing.

Edited by Taxwizz

I have a question, sort of about coffee cards. I do not drink coffee. I have always had a coffee card to get the free tea to drink at the international cafe (again I do not drink the special teas just plain old Lipton the same that is free from the buffet) when I get food there. The card basically goes unused. I have two blank unused unmarked cards that I bought with the intention of using them the same way, my next cruise on Princess is not until 2020. 

The question I have is do I have to buy a card to get free tea at the International cafe to have with food there? Is there any other way for me to get a drink with my food without having to pay again for another coffee card at the International cafe? I have never used a card from another cruise and carried it forward to get free anything but I do feel robbed if I have to now pay again for something that is given free at the buffet and the cards not being honored as they will again not be used for coffee.

4 hours ago, Te Aroha said:

I have a question, sort of about coffee cards. I do not drink coffee. I have always had a coffee card to get the free tea to drink at the international cafe (again I do not drink the special teas just plain old Lipton the same that is free from the buffet) when I get food there. The card basically goes unused. I have two blank unused unmarked cards that I bought with the intention of using them the same way, my next cruise on Princess is not until 2020. 

The question I have is do I have to buy a card to get free tea at the International cafe to have with food there? Is there any other way for me to get a drink with my food without having to pay again for another coffee card at the International cafe? I have never used a card from another cruise and carried it forward to get free anything but I do feel robbed if I have to now pay again for something that is given free at the buffet and the cards not being honored as they will again not be used for coffee.

As mentioned in an above posts, unused physical coffee cards expire on August 31, 2019, so you cannot use them in 2020.

If you actually purchased those two unused cards as opposed to receiving them in exchange for an Elite/Suite mini-bar setup, try contacting Princess and ask for a refund. They may not be willing to give a refund, but if you purchased them for future use, you may be able to convince someone at Princess you deserve a refund since you will not be cruising before the cards expire with a deadline that did not exist when you bought the cards. If you do try this, please post the results here.

Thanks caribill.

I will contact Princess and see what they say but I am not expecting a positive response. The cards are not marked with the cruise I bought them on as I did explain at the time that I wanted them for a future sailing.

19 hours ago, Te Aroha said:

You DO realize that you can just take some of the Lipton tea bags from the buffet and keep them in your pocket and then ask for hot water (no charge) at the IC.

18 minutes ago, chamima said:

You DO realize that you can just take some of the Lipton tea bags from the buffet and keep them in your pocket and then ask for hot water (no charge) at the IC.

But......

How much boiling water can you carry in your pocket?

23 hours ago, Taxwizz said:

Great idea.

But....You CAN'T sell the coffee card as it is on your Cruise Card.

That is the problem.

So ya gotta eat the unused coffee.

They have all the lawyers, so we know that we have no legal standing.

But THEY have no MORAL standing.

Some of us have the actual physical coffee cards purchased at previous dates.  These could be either given away or sold to other passengers (not in public mind you) on any cruise up to end of August.  If not cruising before then, maybe someone else can use the card.  The person you responded to has an actual card.  Yes, anything new bought now is just on the cruise card account and expires at the end of the cruise and no unused drinks carry forward. 

I think most people are concerned about their unused coffee cards that have money invested in them.  Going forward, we can all decide if the new rules and deal make monetary sense and provide any value.

12 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Some of us have the actual physical coffee cards purchased at previous dates.  These could be either given away or sold to other passengers (not in public mind you) on any cruise up to end of August.  If not cruising before then, maybe someone else can use the card.  The person you responded to has an actual card.  Yes, anything new bought now is just on the cruise card account and expires at the end of the cruise and no unused drinks carry forward. 

I think most people are concerned about their unused coffee cards that have money invested in them.  Going forward, we can all decide if the new rules and deal make monetary sense and provide any value.

Because of being Elite and having a drink package I had about 4 unused coffee cards. ( I traded in the Elite benefit for them)

On our last cruise I had a lot of fun listening for people ordering specialty coffees and then asking them if they'd like an unused card. I gave away all 4 cards that way.  As I said - it was a lot of fun and it made me and the people I gave them to feel really good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Because of being Elite and having a drink package I had about 4 unused coffee cards. ( I traded in the Elite benefit for them)

On our last cruise I had a lot of fun listening for people ordering specialty coffees and then asking them if they'd like an unused card. I gave away all 4 cards that way.  As I said - it was a lot of fun and it made me and the people I gave them to feel really good.

WOW !

Someone who doesn't drink Alcohol OR Coffee.

What is left?  Just water?

28 minutes ago, Taxwizz said:

WOW !

Someone who doesn't drink Alcohol OR Coffee.

What is left?  Just water?

Don't misunderstand - I drink both alcohol AND coffee!!!

We had a drink package so the coffee cards are redundant for me.

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

Don't misunderstand - I drink both alcohol AND coffee!!!

We had a drink package so the coffee cards are redundant for me.

Got it.

You surely enjoy your cruising.

LOL

It is not necessary to purchastr a coffee card just to have a cup of Lipton Tea.  That is available in the Lido Deck all day long.

The Coffee Card purchase on a cruise is for fresh brewed coffee for that cruise only and they do not punch the card. Usually the cruise is written on the card.  After that card only specialty drinks, like lattes etc are good for future cruises and they punch the card.  I have 3 partically punched cards.  We have a cruise booked Oct.  If they do not except them for punched specialty drinks oh well.  The Royal class ships, Royal, Regal, Majestic have fresh ground coffee, so  card not necessary.  The other Princess ships use the coffee syrup, (whatever definition us want to use, unsweetened of course) That is why we purchase the cards.  We would even use them at breakfast in the dining room.  Give them to the waiter for the good coffee.  In the morning for room service we would order hot milk for the non-Royal class ships so the coffee tasted better.

And oh yes, we drink alcohol.  That's another story....

1 more Princess cruise and I will be Elite.  

I wonder why Princess is doing away with the Coffee Cards??? 

55 minutes ago, Cruising Young Senior said:

I wonder why Princess is doing away with the Coffee Cards??? 

With MedallionClass being implemented the coffee program is easier to manage electronically & it saves Princess money having specialty coffees expire at the end of a cruise instead of unused specialty coffees carrying over to another cruise with a coffee card.