Coffee card confusion

Ace_at_sea

5 hours ago, Taxwizz said:

But how do you get water hot enough?

Are water heaters not banned?

Can you get hot water from the Buffet. I assume they have it there for making Tea.

I've seen it said many times that the coffee in the MDR and buffet on the Royal is brewed from grounds, not made from syrup. We were on the Royal, and my husband asked specifically about that. We were told that all the coffee in the MDR and buffet is made from syrup. Guess it just matters who you ask.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:56 AM, Taxwizz said:

Maybe I should SELL the regular coffees, as I have unlimited access.

If I sell 100 regular coffees obtained on the card to other cruisers for $1.00 each, I would receive $100 and a tidy profit.

Then would Princess be happy?

From the Passage Contract all passengers agree to:

11. RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLY WITH LAW AND REGULATIONS, RULES OF SHIP; NO SOLICITATION.

You shall be responsible for complying with the requirements of all immigration, port, health, customs, and police authorities, and all other laws and regulations of each country or state from or to which You will travel, as well as this Passage Contract. You must at all times obey all the rules, regulations and orders of the ship, Carrier and the Captain. You shall not solicit other Guests for commercial purposes or advertise goods or services without Carrier's prior written permission.  You may be disembarked without liability for refund, payment, compensation or credit of any kind if You or any Guest for whom You are responsible violate any of these requirements, and You agree to assume and/or reimburse Carrier for any expenses or fines that may be incurred as a result of such noncompliance.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

From the Passage Contract all passengers agree to:

11. RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLY WITH LAW AND REGULATIONS, RULES OF SHIP; NO SOLICITATION.

You shall be responsible for complying with the requirements of all immigration, port, health, customs, and police authorities, and all other laws and regulations of each country or state from or to which You will travel, as well as this Passage Contract. You must at all times obey all the rules, regulations and orders of the ship, Carrier and the Captain. You shall not solicit other Guests for commercial purposes or advertise goods or services without Carrier's prior written permission.  You may be disembarked without liability for refund, payment, compensation or credit of any kind if You or any Guest for whom You are responsible violate any of these requirements, and You agree to assume and/or reimburse Carrier for any expenses or fines that may be incurred as a result of such noncompliance.

Hey Caribill....Please don't be grumpy.

I was just making a humorous suggestion.

I cannot imagine actually trying to sell coffees.

My time, and I suspect yours as well, is worth a lot more than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Taxwizz said:

Probably easier to sell alcoholic drinks. No way I could drink 15 drinks a day. Hmmm......

On 5/3/2019 at 10:31 PM, richmke said:

Can you get hot water from the Buffet. I assume they have it there for making Tea.

Yes.  No coffee card needed, just ask! They did this for me every night for my tea.

17 hours ago, Taxwizz said:

Hey Caribill....Please don't be grumpy.

My time, and I suspect yours as well, is worth a lot more than that.

Not being grumpy. Being humorous.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, Sea Hag said:

I've seen it said many times that the coffee in the MDR and buffet on the Royal is brewed from grounds, not made from syrup. We were on the Royal, and my husband asked specifically about that. We were told that all the coffee in the MDR and buffet is made from syrup. Guess it just matters who you ask.

I have seen the crew refilling the coffee machines in the buffet on Royal P. with a big bag of ground coffee.

its not a secret or hard to see, the machines  are in plain sight there and its obvious. No need to ask anyone.

I don't think those machines could use syrup.

I just wonder why mostly everyone on these boards calls the Princess coffee concentrate a syrup. It certainly does not meet the English definition of syrup. It isn't thick, isn't sweet, and isn't very viscous. Liquid coffee concentrate or liquid instant coffee better describes it. That doesn't make it taste better, but is just a more accurate description. 

Oxford:mass noun A thick, sweet liquid made by dissolving sugar in boiling water, often used for preserving fruit.

Webster: Definition of syrup

1a: a thick sticky solution of sugar and water often flavored or medicated
b: the concentrated juice of a fruit or plant
2: cloying sweetness or sentimentality

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Liquid coffee concentrate or liquid instant coffee better describes it. That doesn't make it taste better, but is just a more accurate description. 

Whatever you call it, it is available in various quality options at different pricing. Once can assume that the concentrate Princess purchases is not at the top of the quality options  available.

Some of the finest land restaurants on land also use a coffee concentrate and customers think it is good coffee because it is a high quality concentrate obtained at a higher price.

On 5/6/2019 at 6:46 PM, skynight said:

I just wonder why mostly everyone on these boards calls the Princess coffee concentrate a syrup. It certainly does not meet the English definition of syrup. It isn't thick, isn't sweet, and isn't very viscous. Liquid coffee concentrate or liquid instant coffee better describes it. That doesn't make it taste better, but is just a more accurate description. 

Oxford:mass noun A thick, sweet liquid made by dissolving sugar in boiling water, often used for preserving fruit.

If it looks like a duck....

And quacks like a duck.....

And walks like a duck.....

It's Instant Coffee.

Hahahahahaaaa

Edited by Taxwizz

On 5/6/2019 at 3:46 PM, skynight said:

No one is claiming they use syrup on the new ships, just the older ones. It has been posted that they brew coffee on the new mega ships. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off of the Royal Princess.  Royal Class ships do not use coffee syrup.  It is all fresh brewed.  Even a grinder to do your own in buffet area.  I still have cards that the International Café did punch for Specialty Drinks we ordered.  Saving coffee cards to use on other Princess Ships in the future that are not Royal Class. Fresh brewed on other ships is for the current cruise only, the punches are for specialty coffees. 

14 minutes ago, Cruising Young Senior said:

I just got off of the Royal Princess.  Royal Class ships do not use coffee syrup.  It is all fresh brewed.  Even a grinder to do your own in buffet area.  I still have cards that the International Café did punch for Specialty Drinks we ordered.  Saving coffee cards to use on other Princess Ships in the future that are not Royal Class. Fresh brewed on other ships is for the current cruise only, the punches are for specialty coffees. 

FYI - just making sure that you are aware that all remaining 'coffee card punches' expire on 8/31/19 ...

or not ...

On 5/3/2019 at 6:55 AM, Taxwizz said:

Nice try.

But you cannot recharacterize a transaction to fit the circumstances when they are changed after the fact.

I am old fashioned...."A deal is a deal."  Silly me.

I PURCHASED a "card" with 15 expressos, and I want them.

You might be right except for one factor. For EACH cruise, you agree to the current "cruise contract" by just stepping on the ship. 

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/

I just had a thought in regards to the Coffee "card" now being loaded into your sea pass card rather than being an actual card.

We are going on a 28 day cruise. If we have one cappuccino per day we will reach our limit of 15 in the middle of the cruise. How would we know ? Just have to wait until we are turned down? It was easier when we had the physical card and could see what was happening.

Edited by chamima

Just now, chamima said:

I just had a thought in regards to the Coffee "card" now being loaded into your sea pass card rahter than bring an actual card.

We are going on a 28 day cruise. If we have one cappuccino per day we will reach our limit of 15 in the middle of the cruise. How would we know ? Just have to wait until we are turned down? It was easier when we had the physical card and could see what was happening.

In other words you would be adding money onto your account without knowing it. Just what do you think the cruise line wants? Here's a clue, as much money out of each pax as possible.

12 minutes ago, chamima said:

I just had a thought in regards to the Coffee "card" now being loaded into your sea pass card rather than being an actual card.

ask your barista when you order your remaining count

Just got off of the Royal Princess, in fact the cruise after we got off was the one where two seaplanes collided.  Sad.

Not aware of loading onto Seapass??? 

The Royal Princess is a Medallion Class ship  now and everything is about this little round Medallion.  Even unlocks our doors.  So not used to using a 'Seapass"