Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

15 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Glad your adventures are going well M and fellow wc’ers. 

Thanks DW!  We have met some lovely folk!  So far not too much to report.  We've been decompressing from travel, getting our new home organized and chilling.  Myster looked very spiffy last night with one of his new bow ties.  Unfortunately the other one went walk about (courtesy we think of a vigorous inspection by US Customs of one of the FedEx ship ahead bags).  Today is another sea day and we will see what is in store for us.  🙂

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

By any chance is Oliver in the Main Bar?

1 hour ago, Wellseasoned said:

Just another question:  Is Donato in charge of La Terrazza? 

We are enjoying the reports and looking forward to joining you  all in Singapore!

Emt.....Oliver is not here yet.  He is supposed to join at some point.  Others may have more info.  And hopefully they will respond.  🙂

Well......I don't know the answer to that and again hopefully someone in the know will respond.  🙂  We are also looking forward to meeting you all!

We have "events" today at 4.00pm, 5.00pm, 6.30pm, 7.30pm and 10.15pm. Oh the pace!  I need a holiday! See you all at 6.30pm. 

I've been asked elsewhere whether the lovely flowers we got are because of the Invictus changes or because this is the world cruise? I suspect the later but does anyone definitely know?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

We have "events" today at 4.00pm, 5.00pm, 6.30pm, 7.30pm and 10.15pm. Oh the pace!  I need a holiday! See you all at 6.30pm. 

I've been asked elsewhere whether the lovely flowers we got are because of the Invictus changes or because this is the world cruise? I suspect the later but does anyone definitely know?

Turtle you need to pace yourself!  🙂  Turtles are not built for speed!

I don't know the answer to your question.  We did not have fresh flowers for the 2016 go.  That's about all I know for sure.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mysty said:

Wonderful turnout for the Meet & Mingle!   Thanks all for turning out!  Really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to names!

Mysty, DCCruiser and I enjoyed meeting everyone, as well. So many wonderful people. Hope to see you and other CCers again soon.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, Lifesgreat said:

Well Mysty you remain a mystery as do all except James Bond and T2, however all will soon be revealed. C U on the 9th.   

No longer a mystery Lifesgreat!  Lovely to meet you and Mrs Lifesgreat!  If you are interested in the Namibia desert dinner here is the description:

Namib Desert Dinner & Extravaganza Show (WVB-K)

Participate in a most unusual and exciting event amongst the dunes of the Namib Desert during this 4 hour evening extravaganza. The landscapes of Namibia are characterized by the brooding, desolate desert and its famous dunes. The combination offers an awe-inspiring sense of space and contrasting colours.

Departing the ship in the afternoon, transportation ranging from small coaches to 4x4 vehicles, will take you on the one hour (18-mile / 29 kilometer) trip north into the desert. The site of this evening's event presents a striking picture with its specially erected marquees against the dramatic backdrop of golden-coloured dunes, which form a dramatic backdrop, a natural amphitheatre.

On arrival, you are served a welcome drink and appetizers. Then sit back and take in the captivating atmosphere of a Namib Desert evening under the bright starts of the African sky while the chefs tend the open fires in preparation for your meal. A special, buffet-style dinner consisting of crisp salads, delicious seafood and succulent meats will be served in this magnificent setting, along with wine, beer, soft drinks and mineral water. Mouth-watering desserts are usually a well-guarded secret and a pleasant surprise.

To heighten the overall experience, marimba music, a youth choir, fire-spinning and colourfully clad Herero ladies will entertain you. More adventurous guests can enjoy a short camel ride in the dunes. 

12 minutes ago, mysty said:

The current count for Meet & Mingles:

January 18 - 0

February 2 - 0

February 16 - 0

March 2 - 0

March 18 - 14

April 3 - 8

April 17 - 11

May 11 - 4

When you see those #'s, it's pretty clear the vast majority of SS cruisers don't use Cruise Critic.

We thoroughly enjoyed the two Meet & Mingles we attended (most of our voyages never met the minimum # of participants) and are looking forward to our largest gathering yet when the Shadow departs Hong Kong on February 8th.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

When you see those #'s, it's pretty clear the vast majority of SS cruisers don't use Cruise Critic.

We thoroughly enjoyed the two Meet & Mingles we attended (most of our voyages never met the minimum # of participants) and are looking forward to our largest gathering yet when the Shadow departs Hong Kong on February 8th.

It's interesting Stumble (if I may call you that as I am a somewhat lazy keyboardist 🙂 ).  For the 2016 WC we met the quorum for every one of the segments.  I think that cruise had more new folk joining the adventure who were keen to meet fellow passengers.  For this go I think there may be more repeaters who already know many of their fellow passengers.  We have also enjoyed the M&M's and were grateful for the chance to meet people.

6 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Wellseasoned, when will you be in Singapore?  We will be there from Feb 22 - 26.

Hi Stumblefoot.  We will arrive in Singapore march 14 to join the Whisper during the world cruise.  Hope we can meet one of these years to discuss Col Wes's odd taste in yellow sneakers!

Warm and mostly sunny today.  Things are looking up weather-wise!  Lovely cooking demonstration on the pool deck today.  Chef David did Pacific BBQ....Poisson Cru, David's Food Truck Shrimp, Huli Huli Chicken, Nuku Hiva Strip Steak and Pimenton and Fennel Crusted Pork Tenderloin.  Myster's favourite was the chicken.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mysty said:

It's interesting Stumble (if I may call you that as I am a somewhat lazy keyboardist 🙂 ).

Mysty, you may call me whatever you like.  Trust me, I've been called much, much worse than "Stumble". 😀

Glad to read that weather is taking a turn for the better!  That Food Truck Shrimp sounded delish.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wellseasoned said:

Hi Stumblefoot.  We will arrive in Singapore march 14 to join the Whisper during the world cruise.  Hope we can meet one of these years to discuss Col Wes's odd taste in yellow sneakers!

Well shoot, we'll just miss you.  I certainly do look forward to our paths crossing one day and learning more about Wes's sneakers.  😄  I miss the ol' chap here on the Silversea forum.  Seems forever ago since he posted here.

As might be expected with so many sea days in a row (today and tomorrow will also be sea days) the internet is slower than a turtle.  Not The Turtle because he is quite speedy.  🙂 However trying to access the internet requires the patience of Job.  A beautiful rainbow this morning off starboard.  It became two rainbows.  Here is a picture (maybe):

DSC05266.JPG.84d328b00a89cf5a0b50cd9e4d910155.JPG

DSC05266.JPG

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, mysty said:

Warm and mostly sunny today.  Things are looking up weather-wise!  Lovely cooking demonstration on the pool deck today.  Chef David did Pacific BBQ....Poisson Cru, David's Food Truck Shrimp, Huli Huli Chicken, Nuku Hiva Strip Steak and Pimenton and Fennel Crusted Pork Tenderloin.  Myster's favourite was the chicken.

Speaking to Chef David on our mutual early morning deck walk today he said he was planning a market visit in Papeete. We of course have our special event that day.  Hmm decisions, decisions!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

Speaking to Chef David on our mutual early morning deck walk today he said he was planning a market visit in Papeete. We of course have our special event that day.  Hmm decisions, decisions!

Isn't having these kind of decisions fun?  🙂 Choosing food shopping or fun eating.  Either would be great!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mysty said:

Isn't having these kind of decisions fun?  🙂 Choosing food shopping or fun eating.  Either would be great!

So pleased to know you and Myster are having fun.....will look forward to your Tahiti  visit report....it’s one of my very favourite places....😊

• Thanks 1