Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

4 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I may be mistaken, but I think I’ve eaten more than one very late lunch at the Patio Grill, at 3.30 or 4 pm. Maybe someone on board has a daily sheet with food hours?

Yes you are correct. Patio scheduled to be open until 5pm and then again from 6.30pm. Individual cruises may be different and there have been alot of changed times over the past few months on several of the ships, but I think where possible they aim for the extended opening times.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I may be mistaken, but I think I’ve eaten more than one very late lunch at the Patio Grill, at 3.30 or 4 pm. Maybe someone on board has a daily sheet with food hours?

The dining schedule above shows the Patio open for lunch from noon until 5 p.m. which is what I remembered from our fall cruises. I’d go up in the late afternoon looking for the dinner menu and they were still serving lunch.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, combine said:

Yes you are correct. Patio scheduled to be open until 5pm and then again from 6.30pm. Individual cruises may be different and there have been alot of changed times over the past few months on several of the ships, but I think where possible they aim for the extended opening times.

2 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

The dining schedule above shows the Patio open for lunch from noon until 5 p.m. which is what I remembered from our fall cruises. I’d go up in the late afternoon looking for the dinner menu and they were still serving lunch.

Thank you, it’s nice to know that my memory didn’t let me down. 😁 I think you’re right that different cruises often have different serving hours. I know that we took a few last year where the Patio Grill was not open for dinner, which made me sad. I love the steaks there. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Thank you, it’s nice to know that my memory didn’t let me down. 😁 I think you’re right that different cruises often have different serving hours. I know that we took a few last year where the Patio Grill was not open for dinner, which made me sad. I love the steaks there. 

Yes, in autumn 22 on Quest the Patio was open until 4:30 or 5pm the later for dinner. We had dinner there twice, but we were the only party there.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

2 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

I find it surprising it is so empty at times, have also been only table...I wonder if people may assume it is the same menu as during day....maybe if they flagged "Patio evening menu" more may consider.

Until I read your post, I assumed that the dinner menu at the Patio was the same as the lunch menu. I never ate there except on White Night. I will try it for dinner on my next Azamara cruise.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Until I read your post, I assumed that the dinner menu at the Patio was the same as the lunch menu. I never ate there except on White Night. I will try it for dinner on my next Azamara cruise.  

We were the same as you, but tried it on our last cruise & loved it. It’s also much less noisy than the other venues.

• Like 2

We usually eat dinner at the Patio several times during a cruise. We live in a part of the country where eating outside is a treat. The service is always good. The menu is simple but with enough choices. We can always get something from the buffet--kind of mix and match.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

We usually eat dinner at the Patio several times during a cruise. We live in a part of the country where eating outside is a treat. The service is always good. The menu is simple but with enough choices. We can always get something from the buffet--kind of mix and match.

It sounds just like our kind of thing!

6 hours ago, PirateWife said:

Mixing items from the 2 venues is a great idea!!

I'd agree with the comments on the Patio for dinner. Perfect for when you want something a little simpler and nice to be outdoors but still protected from wind. It doesn't even need to be all that warm, they have electric heaters if there is a bit of chill in the air. A much under appreciated venue, very lightly used by others on our cruise. Use it or lose it!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The Patio needs to be open regularly in the evening to get the reputation as a good place to go with a larger number of guests. Post pandemic it’s been one of the last places to come back on stream regularly. Hope that’s fixed now

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, uktog said:

The Patio needs to be open regularly in the evening to get the reputation as a good place to go with a larger number of guests. Post pandemic it’s been one of the last places to come back on stream regularly. Hope that’s fixed now

It was open all the time on our October/November Quest cruise.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It was open all the time on our October/November Quest cruise.

Was only open two nights in the Caribbean in December which surprised us as we’d heard other ships had it working the month before 

• Like 1

Apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. We are booked on the Onward in aft cabin (Veranda Plus) 6093.  It is right above the dining room. Do you think there will be a lot of noise from below? I assume that it will not be an issue at night after the dining room closes but maybe for breakfast?  Some others also say that vibration is an issue.

44 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. We are booked on the Onward in aft cabin (Veranda Plus) 6093.  It is right above the dining room. Do you think there will be a lot of noise from below? I assume that it will not be an issue at night after the dining room closes but maybe for breakfast?  Some others also say that vibration is an issue.

I have been in that cabin on the Quest and noise was not an issue. Sometimes you get vibration at full speed, but it never bothered us

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mackdogmolly said:

Enjoy watching the wake!

We currently have 4 cruises on three different lines in an aft cabin. We love the wake! Could watch it all day, which in the case of Azamara is good because it is a transatlantic cruise!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JM0115 said:

We currently have 4 cruises on three different lines in an aft cabin. We love the wake! Could watch it all day, which in the case of Azamara is good because it is a transatlantic cruise!

And watching the ports disappear in the sunset while the ship sails away. 

• Like 2

I called Azamara customer service this morning to try to pre-select the liquor set up for our suite. The representative told me there is a standard bar set up and if I wanted something different I would have to ask our Butler. Is this correct?

1 minute ago, asnaleah said:

I called Azamara customer service this morning to try to pre-select the liquor set up for our suite. The representative told me there is a standard bar set up and if I wanted something different I would have to ask our Butler. Is this correct?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

Not sure there's a clear answer.  On our Journey cruise in October there were no spirits in the cabin; the Butler showed me a menu and asked me to choose two.  [Note: you aren't limited by this menu.  When I said I only like gin but not either of the two listed, he brought me a new bottle of Hendricks.]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1