Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

From the website description it looks like it’s a Traditional Korean Performance in Busan on 20th April. It should show up in your Voyage Planner.

“Find yourself caught up in the exquisite power and expressive moves of traditional Korean dance during this unforgettable night at the Busan Cultural Center. You’ll arrive to a welcome drink and enjoy a few words from your Captain or Cruise Director to officially kick off the event. Afterwards, mix and mingle during a cocktail hour featuring local canapes and cookies. Then, it’s show time. Look on in awe as local performers dazzle you with demonstrations of Korean music, dances and martial arts that have been passed down for generations. Witness regal dances once performed at the royal court, and celebrate local life with rousing renditions of Korean folk dances. One of the night’s highlights is a jaw-dropping display of taekwondo given by Busan's representative demonstration team, actively engaged in overseas performances. It’s all part of an unforgettable evening designed to immerse you in the cultural traditions and rich heritage of Korea.”

7 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

From the website description it looks like it’s a Traditional Korean Performance in Busan on 20th April. It should show up in your Voyage Planner.

Thank you for that date.

Hi All,

I have been through this thread a couple of times, and cannot find an answer to my question.

This will be our first Azamara cruise (after well over 100 cruises on various ocean/river vessels), we usually cruise in Suites categories, and often had access to a Suites Concierge.  I do not see any mention of this type person in regards to Azamara.  We are booked in a Club World Owner's Suite (7114) and are curious to whom we would ask about any concerns/requests that we may have arise.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

NRayH

9 hours ago, Ray in NH said:

Hi All,

I have been through this thread a couple of times, and cannot find an answer to my question.

This will be our first Azamara cruise (after well over 100 cruises on various ocean/river vessels), we usually cruise in Suites categories, and often had access to a Suites Concierge.  I do not see any mention of this type person in regards to Azamara.  We are booked in a Club World Owner's Suite (7114) and are curious to whom we would ask about any concerns/requests that we may have arise.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

NRayH

Firstly you will have a butler who can help you with a lot of things such as making bookings for the speciality restaurants etc. Any concerns, requests concerned with the cruise should be addressed to them in the first place. Secondly there is a Concierge to help all passengers with arrangements on shore - don’t forget Azamara ships are small so we’re not talking about huge numbers of people.

The other thing about Azamara is that they are very responsive. If you had any serious concerns about a particular department I would advise contacting the relevant senior officer - Hotel Director, Cruise Director etc - through Guest Relations. You will find that they really do want to know & put things right.

6 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Firstly you will have a butler who can help you with a lot of things such as making bookings for the speciality restaurants etc. Any concerns, requests concerned with the cruise should be addressed to them in the first place. Secondly there is a Concierge to help all passengers with arrangements on shore - don’t forget Azamara ships are small so we’re not talking about huge numbers of people.

The other thing about Azamara is that they are very responsive. If you had any serious concerns about a particular department I would advise contacting the relevant senior officer - Hotel Director, Cruise Director etc - through Guest Relations. You will find that they really do want to know & put things right.

Thank you HGC, 

That is exactly the information that I was looking for.  Five months until our first Azamara Sail-Away.

NRayH

Just to let you know about 2 new Azamara developments.

Firstly Azamara are trialling an App which gives you information about your cruise. It will include the sort of information that you can see on the interactive TV in your cabin on the Quest & Journey, but not on the Pursuit. This should include things like the daily menus and access to your account. At the moment it only works or cruises on the Pursuit.

Azamara has also just announced changes to the on-line check-in system. Here’s what Bonnie MacLaird (Azamara’s Chief Blogging Officer) posted about the new system.

This new online system features several enhancements including:

1.       A streamlined, easy-to-follow layout for a quick and easy check-in process up to three days prior to sailing.
2.       Ability to upload your travel documents and security photo so you can save time at the pier and get onboard faster.
3.       Control of your onboard expense account with the ability to establish spending privileges for each member in your party.

You must have an account with Azamara to use the new Online Check-in system for your upcoming voyage.

Visit My Account to sign in (or create a new account) and click Check-In to get started.

[Please note, your reservation must be paid in full to access Online Check-in.]

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

2 minutes ago, Senior Traveller said:

I have been trying to list for the meet and mingle but cannot figure out how to do it. We are on the Azamara Journey 25th March. Any help appreciated, thank you.

There are 2 ways to do this. You can do it through Cruise Critic - look up to the blue bar at the top of the posts and click on Meet & Mingle. Select Azamara Club Cruises then click on Register for an Azamara Party.

Alternatively go to the Azamara website and scroll right down to the bottom menu. Click on Booked, then scroll down to find a segment marked Meet & Mingle Parties and click on Register+. Both of these will take you to the same page where you need to enter your Booking reference number, name , ship and sail date.

Don’t worry if you get a Page Not Found error. At present there is an intermittent fault that Azamara are aware of. Just keep trying every day or so and you will succeed eventually.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 3:41 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I don’t know the pricing for the T-pool (but there are 2 jacuzzi pools on the pool deck too) but I’m sure someone else will.

On longer cruises there is often a laundry sale - on our last cruise it was $40 for a bag, and it comes back nicely folded, and pressed where appropriate (shirts etc). You can get a lot in a bag - there’s an art to stuffing it in!

As already said, the self-service laundry is free, including detergent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 8/22/2018 at 10:20 PM, irisbax3 said:

Thanks so much for your helpful response. This information will help in making my decision.

A few times, a second announcement was made in a language other than English. This was when a large group of French or Spanish guests were on board and they asked! Crew with this language as a first language were asked to go to the bridge to make announcements after both the captain and cruise director made announcements . . . plus a few other times.

33 minutes ago, GlutenfreeGypsy said:

How do we register for the meet and mingle party please?

There will be several mix and mingle parties. I don’t believe it’s necessary to sign up in advance. The parties will be listed n the chronological program . You just go to the ones that are interesting to you. This is a small ship with big space. There are very few lines or “Cattle Calls”. You can call the club voyage number and confirm the above, but I’m pretty certain I am correct. Make sure to sign up for the Azamazing evening. It is always great! We have been to 7 of them! Also, the “White Night” Party is always a highlight. It’s free and sign up is not necessary. Just show up in White and have a ball!

18 minutes ago, GlutenfreeGypsy said:

How do we register for the meet and mingle party please?

Thanks Buzztt. We haven't been on Azamara before so really looking forward to it.

You can sign up on this site. Look at the blue bar above the posts and click on Meet & Mingle. Next select Azamara Club Cruises, then click on Register for an Azamara Party, then fill in your booking reference number, name, ship & sail date.

If you get a Page Not Found error message leave it for a while, then try again.

You should get an acknowledgement from Azamara, and there should be an invitation in your cabin. You can also ask at Guest Relations where and when the event will be held, and/or look in the embarkation programme (Insider).

The event is often held on embarkation day after the muster drill.

53 minutes ago, Buzzttt said:

There will be several mix and mingle parties. I don’t believe it’s necessary to sign up in advance. The parties will be listed n the chronological program . You just go to the ones that are interesting to you. This is a small ship with big space. There are very few lines or “Cattle Calls”. You can call the club voyage number and confirm the above, but I’m pretty certain I am correct. Make sure to sign up for the Azamazing evening. It is always great! We have been to 7 of them! Also, the “White Night” Party is always a highlight. It’s free and sign up is not necessary. Just show up in White and have a ball!

There will only be one Meet & Mingle event for Cruise Critic members. You don’t need to register, but it does help Azamara to know how many people to expect and therefore how many canapés to prepare! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We did the French Chef’s Table on our first cruise and it was amazing!

What distinguished it as "French Chef's Table"?  Was it special cuisine/wine, or both based on France?  Was this a French itinerary cruise?

Sorry for all the questions.

NRayH