MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Another great port day in lovely Darwin.* Great to be back in our beautiful country.

We awoke early with plans to watch the sail in at the Conservatory, but at 5.30am it was still dark, so stayed in bed a little later and watched from our balcony as we glided through into our birth.

A quick breakfast in the buffet and we were off the ship about 7.30am. Our plan was to walk to the hire car place, but google maps told me it was 2.6kms walk. We decided to taxi it to save time. Cost $11.

I had researched hire car places, the usual Avis, Hertz, Budget and Thrifty, but they all closed in town at 12pm on a Saturday. I found Advanced car hire and they closed at 5pm, $50 for the day, bargain, considering the HOHO bus was $40 p/p.

We drove back to the ship to pick up another couple who we invited to spend the day with us.

We visited the Darwin War Museum, $18 entry, the Darwin Art museum, free, the Parap Markets where we enjoyed Vietnamese fresh spring rolls for lunch.

Drove around town, down to the waterfont where the ship was docked, where everyone was enjoying the lagoon and wave pool, coffee and shops.

A quick trip to Woolies for soda water, coke zero and wine.

We dropped our friends back at the ship with our stash, except the wine as we expected to pay corkage on it, took the car back and walked the 2.6km back.....in the heat, but it only took us 30minutes.

Our wine went through with no* questions, but will expect to pay corkage in the dining room.

Back on board to the cool calmness of our cabin, we threw our swimmers on and cooled off at the Hollywood pool.

Andy grabbed an ice bucket from the bar on returning to our cabin, we put on shorts n tshirts, added a few beers and a bottle of Pino Grigio i had bought to the ice bucket and headed up to deck 17.

Lucky us to nab a couple of loungers with a view of the big screen.

The sun was hot and slowly making its way down so we were in full sun. A group of us had towels draped all over us........the Captain announced we were departing and making a 180 turn, yay for us, we were in shade!!!

So, there we sat, sailing out of Darwin harbour in blue skies watching my Panthers on the big screen, eventually the sun set, and the sky was an orange red hue. How good can life get?

Even better because they won!!

At 7pm Andys Roosters played and won too, by this time it was dark and they were setting up for tonights Hot Latin night dance party.

We had a quick dinner in the buffet about 9.30pm, first night this cruise we have missed dinner in the dining room!!

Our friends who are now dining next to us on a table for two ( they came one night and like us never left haha) seeked me out on my lounger to give me an avocado filled with prawns they had found while wandering the buffet, as they thought we would be hungry and know i love avocados, how good are cruise friends!

Not attending the deck party, tired from a big day of sun, fun and football.

Only 7 sleeps to go.....

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

To answer a few questions, no wine packages for this cruise, and none in the foreseeable future so I have been told.

Sorry I have no info on the Chefs table, i have not seen it advertised anywhere.

Dobby, didnt get to the crocodiles.

We are going to Harmony in a couple of days, folks we have talked to loved the quiet location. So book it online if it is showing $29.

Will let you know our thoughts after we have been.

We are in Brisbane on Thursday.

Sorry if i have missed a question, just ask again, i dont have time to scroll through all the posts

Will have my own internet back Thursday while in Brisbane, and are staying on the ship so time to scroll through.

To answer a few questions, no wine packages for this cruise, and none in the foreseeable future so I have been told.

Thank you soooo much for the update on the wine package! We just 'heard' that if a passenger has a coffee card with 'punches' remaining, they will have until August 2019 to use them. Apparently Princess is dropping the coffee card opportunity and will no longer acknowledge them at that point. :(

I am planning on calling Princess Customer service on Monday, so will add the coffee/wine package to our list of queries.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and thanks again :)

People are using old coffee cards on this cruise.

Sadly what you are told by Princess office may not be the same as what happens on the ship.

It seems the wine package is an on demand thing, so perhaps if more Aussies ask they may bring them back.

Hi Cheznandy,

Any info about cabin E425 please?

I found this online if it helps...

E403%20to%20E439.jpg?height=300&width=400

PLEASE NOTE!!

The following cabins do NOT have an obstruction

looking straight out when on the balcony.

The black vertical line is the center post of the sliding door.

E 405--407--409--411--415--417--421--425

I found this online if it helps...

E403%20to%20E439.jpg?height=300&width=400

PLEASE NOTE!!

The following cabins do NOT have an obstruction

looking straight out when on the balcony.

The black vertical line is the center post of the sliding door.

E 405--407--409--411--415--417--421--425

That's great thank you so much. What website was this?

The equivalent cabin on port side is E424, it is 4 up from us and is one of the angled balconies with the largest balcony, great pick!!

Hi Cheznandy,

Any info about cabin E425 please?

The equivalent cabin on port side is E424, it is 4 up from us and is one of the angled balconies with the largest balcony, great pick!!

Thanks, I picked it when Cruise was first released, glad to hear it's a good one:D

Thanks, I picked it when Cruise was first released after studying deck plans, but as I haven't sailed Princess before it's great to have your confirmation that I did good :D

And I'm really enjoying your posts, thanks for taking the time:D :D

Hi cheznandy.

Great to see you guys are having so much fun on the majestic. Love princess. We have good friends from Hollywell, qld on your cruise. Apparently the majestic docks at the grain wharf on Thursday, can you please tell me what time it disembarks?????.

Will be cruising out on pacific aria out of brissie at 2pm Thursday. Will we see the majestic as we cruise out of Brisbane river????.

Regards bob.:)

Hi cheznandy.

Great to see you guys are having so much fun on the majestic. Love princess. We have good friends from Hollywell, qld on your cruise. Apparently the majestic docks at the grain wharf on Thursday, can you please tell me what time it disembarks?????.

Will be cruising out on pacific aria out of brissie at 2pm Thursday. Will we see the majestic as we cruise out of Brisbane river????.

Regards bob.:)

Looks like you'll get a good view of Majestic as you go past - according to the Port Schedule she isn't due to leave until 6pm

Got to love winter/spring in Darwin. One day the cruise lines will wake up and provide cruises to and from Darwin in winter. Just think how many extra Aussie passengers, without passports, who they could attract, if they don't visit an overseas port.

Agree with you - they are missing opportunities!

I have been suggesting for years (on the feedback survey) that Princess should cruise from Brisbane to Tassie and return in summer and yay...finally..... they are having one in Jan 2020 on Sea Princess. I think many have asked for this - so obvious because they would miss cyclone season.

That's great thank you so much. What website was this?
'Princess Obstructed Review - Renmar' The guy put it all together year ago. As one who often takes partial obstructed view cabins I use it often when booking, as I book direct with Princess, check the cabin and enter it on the booking site if the cabin is available and you check that by starting a dummy booking booking on Princess site.

:halo:

I am looking at some today on Ruby Princess for next year. (If I can convince 'She who shall be obeyed' to do her 22nd Princess cruise.!!)

Hi Cheznandy... thanks again for all the wonderful info on here,,,is there any chance you could post a pic of a page of the daily patter, showing the avo/evening schedule.....thanks so much....cheers S&D :)

'Princess Obstructed Review - Renmar' The guy put it all together year ago. As one who often takes partial obstructed view cabins I use it often when booking, as I book direct with Princess, check the cabin and enter it on the booking site if the cabin is available and you check that by starting a dummy booking booking on Princess site.

:halo:

I am looking at some today on Ruby Princess for next year. (If I can convince 'She who shall be obeyed' to do her 22nd Princess cruise.!!)

Good luck with No. 22 Les.....lol...;p...cheers,,S&D

Sorry if i have missed a question, just ask again, i dont have time to scroll through all the posts

Will have my own internet back Thursday while in Brisbane, and are staying on the ship so time to scroll through.

Chez, I have saved you the time going back through the posts about my previous question. Here it is:

Thanks for this great report on your cruise Chez. I will take you up on your offer about liquor prices. What is the price for Mt Gay Eclipse Rum and Smirnoff Blue Vodka? Thanks :D

Good luck with No. 22 Les.....lol...;p...cheers,,S&D

Hi Sandy, thanks, I am putting the pressure on as I speak. Might need to go from Partial Obstructed view to at least Balcony to settle the dust though.

Did I tell you we will see Majestic on 27th Sept as she is in that day and we are at the Shangri La Hotel in the Rocks for a couple of nights re Evita Musical at ye olde Opera House !!. I hope my son booked us a room overlooking OPT !

:halo::hearteyes::*

Hi Sandy, thanks, I am putting the pressure on as I speak. Might need to go from Partial Obstructed view to at least Balcony to settle the dust though.

Did I tell you we will see Majestic on 27th Sept as she is in that day and we are at the Shangri La Hotel in the Rocks for a couple of nights re Evita Musical at ye olde Opera House !!. I hope my son booked us a room overlooking OPT !

What a lucky father you are with a harbour front room booked by your son!

Agree with you - they are missing opportunities!

I have been suggesting for years (on the feedback survey) that Princess should cruise from Brisbane to Tassie and return in summer and yay...finally..... they are having one in Jan 2020 on Sea Princess. I think many have asked for this - so obvious because they would miss cyclone season.

Good suggestion re Brisbane to Tassie cruise. Just think how many Queenslanders visit Tassie. I'm flying down in February for a holiday. I don't want to fly to Sydney or Melbourne, then cruise to Tassie, but a cruise from Brisbane to Tassie, with Kangaroo Island, SA, as a bonus, would be very tempting.

That sounds like a lovely getaway Les..we love the Shangri la...oh...and the club lounge is heavenly... enjoy the musical and the hotel .. hope you find just the right cabin for the Ruby....cheers S&D:):)