MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Yes we are in the cabana....whoohoi!!

Just met some lovely people( yes we left the curtain open) they just boarded and are on the two nights then the next one and have a sideways inside for the two nighter then the cabin above ours for the next cruise.

They are popping in to see our cabin after their muster, then showing us theirs so a mini cabin crawl!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well done you, on getting a cabana, pics look good. if its possible could you get a pic of the interior cabin, we have 3 twenty somethings sharing one on our trip and they would love to see an actual cabin?

Thanks again for your info its been very helpful.

Cheers maree

Thanks CheznAndyfor all the info you have been supplying while on your cruise. I am about to board when you get off and look forward to the Meet & Greet of over 84 that I have booked in - if they all turn up. You have given great explanations and some great comments re activities. Of all the big ships we have been on we hope this ship does not disappoint. Once again thanks for all the expertrise you have shown.

Sailaway John - Port Macquarie:):):)

Yes we are in the cabana....whoohoi!!

Just met some lovely people( yes we left the curtain open) they just boarded and are on the two nights then the next one and have a sideways inside for the two nighter then the cabin above ours for the next cruise.

They are popping in to see our cabin after their muster, then showing us theirs so a mini cabin crawl!!

Just had a look af a sideways inside, heres some pics while i have decent internet.

Had to take them with my tablet, so a bit close, but tgey ars really roomy with heaps of storage in the walk in area behind the desk.

8be08e0d8733d2ab4c7a48763cd34e29.jpg35e90b9361bfee16a2c21158498ed6d3.jpg293ffa8c84a71f0a5bef3fb3faecc70f.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

OMG guess where we are?bc824a0d023bbda9095f4e918995e56d.jpg

It's about time, only took 3 weeks to get the squatters to move out :D. What a fantastic ship. Was a pleasure sailing with you. Looking forward to the next one. xx

Royal only has a few cabanas, some around the Retreat Pool and some in the Sanctuary in front of that pool. They aren't moveable and cost extra. The Sanctuary ones are quite expensive ($200-300 per day) but the others are cheaper (under $100 per day, I think) - I can't remember the exact costs though. Both types are side facing and are not right against the sides ie there are sunloungers between the cabanas and the railings.

I don't think Royal has any forward facing public decks right above the bow, other than the Sanctuary which costs extra. The two decks below the Sanctuary have cabins with balconies that face forward I think.

Thank you for the information. What do you think about the Royal for Alaska if you can’t see forward at all?

As what Oz kiwi said. Regal/ Royal are a different set up no indoor pool etc.

There is no foward veiwing anywhere on the ship other than the Conservatory forward, no outside deck.

Real bummer as we wanted somewhere to watch tomorrow morning coming into Sydney. Its either our cabin on the side or the Conservatory behind glass not good for photo taking. A real negative to this design of ship.

Thank you. Yes it is a bit of a negative not to be able to see forward. I am glad Majestic has an indoor pool.

It's about time, only took 3 weeks to get the squatters to move out :D. What a fantastic ship. Was a pleasure sailing with you. Looking forward to the next one. xx
Miss you.....the lamb chops were good at dinner haha!!

Thought i should do a bit of a wrap up for all those that have travelled with us since Shanghai!

How quickly over 3 weeks has gone.

We awoke early, had ordered tea to the room at 6.30am, and watched as we sailed to our Brisbane port. We had decided to stay onboard today, we visit this area alot and there was nothing we needed to see. A lot of the people we had met were disembarking today.

Met up with friends for breakfast in the buffet, then had our last coffee with them before they got off at 10am. Sat with some more friends for a while and watched as the staff did drills in the Piazza.

Noticed a lot of TA's walking through on tours.

Andy and i lunched in the buffet, lots of new cruisers wandering around by then.

We spent the afternoon on deck 17 overlooking the pool then made our way into the Hollywood pool area when it became too hot.

Finally, after 3 weeks we spotted a cabana that wasnt occupied and sat in there for a while, if only to say " Yay, we did it!"

Lots of people walking by, looking in, we chatted to a few, lots of TA's. I have never heard so much noise in that area, people playing the instruments, drinking, laughing, it has always been so quiet.

Made our way back to the cabin where some people we had met came to view our cabin, as they have the same above us next cruise, and we saw their sideways inside they have for the two dayer.

Enjoyed a drink on our balcony for sailaway as the Captain sounded the horn to the Loveboat theme.

We had a drink at Bellinis bar before dinner and the feel of the ship has certainly changed, it is more livlier, a younger crowd and yes, there are kids and teens!!

Dinner as usual in Concerto, we missed our friends at the next table, it was busy and we have never seen so many white coat head waiters, seating people, chatting......interesting.

After dinner we went to Princess Live for Majority Rules, always fun, we joined another couple we have met before but didn't win, oh well no cheap champagne!

We thought about seeing a show but are a little tired, so early to bed for us, we would prefer to be up early.

We can hear voices and doors slamming down the hallway as we lie here reading.

Isn't it funny how you get used to the same sounds and noises, for 3 weeks we have had the same neighbours, same routine,.......it is a changing of the guards, I think it will be a big night for some. Funny how only 600 people can make such a difference.

A little gossip.....Ugly Dave Gray has been on our cruise since Shanghai, apparently his cabin is just up from us, but we only saw him once out and about, friends saw him more often.

No shows from him, he was just a passenger. At the Captains Circle Party a Mr and Mrs Gray were one of the most travelled, wonder if it was him, and if all the days he did on P&O and Princess entertaining count??

I looked for any Elite discounts or upgrades when I first logged in, couldn' t see anything.

After that it is priced by day, just had a look and at the moment as we have 3 days left the Social plan (cheapest) is 24 hrs for $14.99 or 3 days for $29.99 200mb.

Thank you so much for checking

Thanks very much for the information about the ship and the changes they have made for the Aussie market.

We had booked for January and ended up cancelling due to reviews we had read. After reading your posts we have now rebooked and are looking forward to experiencing the ship.

We wouldn't have done so without your positive comments. Princess should be paying you!!!

Ray and Ann

Just had a look af a sideways inside, heres some pics while i have decent internet.

Had to take them with my tablet, so a bit close, but tgey ars really roomy with heaps of storage in the walk in area behind the desk.

35e90b9361bfee16a2c21158498ed6d3.jpg

Can you tell us where the entry door is please. We have one of these cabins for next years cruise.

Have loved reading along with you as you cruised on the Majestic to Sydney. Thanks for all the information. So looking forward to getting onboard on 13 March 2019 to see the changes made since we sailed on her in April 2017. Our first time Down Under too; New Zealand cruise preceded by 9 days in Australia. Have dreamt of visiting for so long. Cannot wait.

1. :)Hope you enjoyed the view from your cause on Saturday it will become ours going to Fiji n back
  2. Have really enjoyed your comments [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

8be08e0d8733d2ab4c7a48763cd34e29.jpg35e90b9361bfee16a2c21158498ed6d3.jpg293ffa8c84a71f0a5bef3fb3faecc70f.jpg

Looking at the last picture, the main door is at the foot of the bed.

If you look at the photo with th desk, the door is next to the fridge.

These are really great for insides.

I will take a few more photos tomorrow when everyone moves out.

Also the 4 berths, not good when bed is made as a quenn, there is one opposite us so will try and get some photos

Can you tell us where the entry door is please. We have one of these cabins for next years cruise.

Does anyone know what time the Majestic is scheduled to arrive in Sydney on Saturday? Hoping to catch the sail in on the Sydney Harbour webcam here in the U.K.
We have been told docked at 6am, obviously hit the heads and start coming through earlier. I will post more info tonight when we get the Patter.

have a bit of internet left, yay me!! so will post bits today as they happen, or any news of our arrival.

We were up on deck about 7am for a walk, first to the Hollywood pool club for a cup of tea, so did my police patrol around haha! All curtains pulled on all 4 private cabanas....same woman in the first one thats been there for 22 days.

In the pool area, a man had about 10 pool towels in his arms where he threw them over 4 lounges in the front row.

Hardly anyone on deck at 8am, a few of the 2 nighters up early checking everything out, parents with kids having a look around, ah the joy of cruising with kids is an early morning.

The sea is so flat and calm, a few clouds but the sun is shining, feels like we have just about stopped, but Andy checked and we are supposed to be doing 17 knots.

We can see a bit of coastline starboard side, looks like we are passing Ballina now, we must be ahead of schedule as we usually pass by our town of Port Macquarie about 4.30pm on these coastal cruise.

Time to start packing suitcases up, our duty free was just delivered, no bubble wrapped bottles, just in Princess bottle bags. We are feeling like its time to get off, our time on the Majestic is up. Our kelpie has been sulking out at the farm, being chained up a bit, our 7 yr old grandson has his first ever hockey presentation Sunday, so time to get back to the real world!!

have a bit of internet left, yay me!! so will post bits today as they happen, or any news of our arrival.

We were up on deck about 7am for a walk, first to the Hollywood pool club for a cup of tea, so did my police patrol around haha! All curtains pulled on all 4 private cabanas....same woman in the first one thats been there for 22 days.

In the pool area, a man had about 10 pool towels in his arms where he threw them over 4 lounges in the front row.

Hardly anyone on deck at 8am, a few of the 2 nighters up early checking everything out, parents with kids having a look around, ah the joy of cruising with kids is an early morning.

The sea is so flat and calm, a few clouds but the sun is shining, feels like we have just about stopped, but Andy checked and we are supposed to be doing 17 knots.

We can see a bit of coastline starboard side, looks like we are passing Ballina now, we must be ahead of schedule as we usually pass by our town of Port Macquarie about 4.30pm on these coastal cruise.

Time to start packing suitcases up, our duty free was just delivered, no bubble wrapped bottles, just in Princess bottle bags. We are feeling like its time to get off, our time on the Majestic is up. Our kelpie has been sulking out at the farm, being chained up a bit, our 7 yr old grandson has his first ever hockey presentation Sunday, so time to get back to the real world!!

Thanks from me too, it has been great sailing along with you both :)

I was reading our thread for the December 18 cruise out of Auckland yesterday and noticed mention of your thread so I have had to read them all yesterday and today so bit of an exercise but well done you guys. So full of info re the ship I almost feel that I have been on it. So a huge thanks I'm sure from all that have been following your travels and enjoy your return to the real world.