Royal Princess questions

Eddie4Paws

Hi. I’m a solo cruiser and have an upcoming winter cruise with a deluxe Dolphon Aft balcony on the Royal. I’ve seen various videos & photos that show different types of balcony furnishings. Can anyone describe or provide a current photo? Is there a foot rest? I have severe back issues and sitting up isn’t always possible. Can a lounge chair be moved onto the very large Dolphin balcony?

Is there a retractable clothesline in the bathroom?

One cruiser posted to You Tube an early morning video of the pool decks, outside Horizon and the grassy lawn area of the Royal. It was so early that the crew was mowing the lawn! Throughout the entire video there was music blasting though speakers. Are there any outside public areas where one can enjoy quiet??

Thanks.

One cruiser posted to You Tube an early morning video of the pool decks, outside Horizon and the grassy lawn area of the Royal. It was so early that the crew was mowing the lawn! Throughout the entire video there was music blasting though speakers. Are there any outside public areas where one can enjoy quiet??

Thanks.

Are you sure you were viewing a Royal Princess video? I don't believe there is an area with live grass that needs mowing. This sounds like it might be a Celebrity Solstice class ship.

All Princess ships have a retractable clothes line in the shower in every cabin, regardless of cabin type.

Only outside speakers on Princess ships are on Lido and Promenade deck. Only the speakers at the main pool or with MUTS have music or entertainment. Promenade deck speakers are used only for Muster or when scenic cruising (Alaska glaciers, Panama Canal, etc.)

Quiet outside public areas on the Royal

4 outside seating areas with wooden padded lounge chairs on deck 7, 2 mid ship & 2 aft. The aft starboard area has a smoking area.

Horizon Terrace. Coffee & Hot Chocolate available at no charge.

Two seating areas, one each side at the entrance to the Retreat pool.

The Retreat pool itself

The Sanctuary, there is a charge to use this area and it always must be booked on boarding day.

No grass areas on the Royal Princess or on any other Princess ship. Different cruise line.

I would suggest taking a small foldable camping foot stiil with you to use for your feet. Also mention the need on your personalizer and to your cabin steward as something could be arranged for you. I believe they are available.

Hi. I’m a solo cruiser and have an upcoming winter cruise with a deluxe Dolphon Aft balcony on the Royal. I’ve seen various videos & photos that show different types of balcony furnishings. Can anyone describe or provide a current photo? Is there a foot rest? I have severe back issues and sitting up isn’t always possible. Can a lounge chair be moved onto the very large Dolphin balcony?

Thanks.

You're looking at videos of two different ships there mate.

Princess ships do not have any live grass areas. Royal itself, no outdoor live grass areas - there's nowhere a gardener will be moving the lawn on a Princess ship.

That is Celebrity, on their Solstice class ships (5 of them).

As for your balcony furniture - the balcony chair does recline - some. It doesn't go flat, but it goes back a decent ways. We've had a foot rest with our chairs (always a balcony cabin, not mini suites, etc), usually tucked underneath when first arriving. If there's not s footrest, you can certainly ask for one. There may not be extras available though, so be prepared to prop your feet on the railing or the other chair..

There are tons of photos and YouTube videos online of Royal balconies and furniture... Quick Google search brings them up .

Yes, there's a clothesline in the bathroom.

Princess ships do not have any live grass areas. Royal itself, no outdoor live grass areas - there's nowhere a gardener will be moving the lawn on a Princess ship.

As for your balcony furniture - the balcony chair does recline - some. It doesn't go flat, but it goes back a decent ways. We've had a foot rest with our chairs (always a balcony cabin, not mini suites, etc), usually tucked underneath when first arriving. If there's not s footrest, you can certainly ask for one. There may not be extras available though, so be prepared to prop your feet on the railing or the other chair..

There are tons of photos and YouTube videos online of Royal balconies and furniture... Quick Google search brings them up .

I have Googled Royal Aft and there are different types of basic patio furniture. This is why I asked for recent information about the Drlixe balcony Aft. Thank you for your response.

I would suggest taking a small foldable camping foot stiil with you to use for your feet. Also mention the need on your personalizer and to your cabin steward as something could be arranged for you. I believe they are available.

I do prefer to travel without bringing furniture. Lol. Thank you for your suggestions about the cruise personalizer. I didn’t see where I could request this need. My cabin steward may be my best bet. Thanks again.

Quiet outside public areas on the Royal

4 outside seating areas with wooden padded lounge chairs on deck 7, 2 mid ship & 2 aft. The aft starboard area has a smoking area.

Horizon Terrace. Coffee & Hot Chocolate available at no charge.

Two seating areas, one each side at the entrance to the Retreat pool.

The Retreat pool itself

The Sanctuary, there is a charge to use this area and it always must be booked on boarding day.

No grass areas on the Royal Princess or on any other Princess ship. Different cruise line.

I musta been smokin the grass when I saw them mowing it. LoL. Thank you for the listing of quiet spaces.

All Princess ships have a retractable clothes line in the shower in every cabin, regardless of cabin type.

Only outside speakers on Princess ships are on Lido and Promenade deck. Only the speakers at the main pool or with MUTS have music or entertainment. Promenade deck speakers are used only for Muster or when scenic cruising (Alaska glaciers, Panama Canal, etc.)

Thank you, Pam.

Are you sure you were viewing a Royal Princess video? I don't believe there is an area with live grass that needs mowing. This sounds like it might be a Celebrity Solstice class ship.

I thought it was the Royal but maybe it was a Celebrity YouTube video. I was originally booked on Celebrity snd decided to come back home to Princess. I’ll have to bring my own grass or a picture of a lawn.

I had a mini on the Royal and did have a foot rest. Two actually, one for each chair.

I do prefer to travel without bringing furniture. Lol. Thank you for your suggestions about the cruise personalizer. I didn’t see where I could request this need. My cabin steward may be my best bet. Thanks again.

There is a place that asks if you hany special needs like GF, LowFat, diabetic etc to add comments for other requirements. I agree that travelong with extra furniture is not an ideal situation.

I have Googled Royal Aft and there are different types of basic patio furniture. This is why I asked for recent information about the Drlixe balcony Aft. Thank you for your response.

There's different types of furniture as some aft balconies are suites, and some deluxe balcony and some regular balcony...

We've had a footstool on all our deluxe balcony cabins on Royal and Regal. Maybe we were lucky, I don't know. Close to 100 days between them, that's a lot of luck.

You can ask the room steward for a footstool, otherwise, bring the small table from inside the cabin outside, or the desk chair or use the other lounge chair to prop your feet. The standard balcony chairs (blue mesh ones) do recline - not flat, bit a decent amount - you're not upright.

There's different types of furniture as some aft balconies are suites, and some deluxe balcony and some regular balcony...

We've had a footstool on all our deluxe balcony cabins on Royal and Regal. Maybe we were lucky, I don't know. Close to 100 days between them, that's a lot of luck.

You can ask the room steward for a footstool, otherwise, bring the small table from inside the cabin outside, or the desk chair or use the other lounge chair to prop your feet. The standard balcony chairs (blue mesh ones) do recline - not flat, bit a decent amount - you're not upright.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks.

Mowing the grass?????