Rum Runners and NCL...

klfhngr

Great posts, lol!!!!

An option for leftovers is to give you cabin stewy... Worse case scenario they dump it.

I used to take two large ones... One for me and one for the Mrs... Usually Gentlemen Jack and Seagrams 7 for her...

I enjoy to home brewing also, so now I usually take an empty growler and hope to find a local brewery when in port. I fill up and attempt to take on ship. So far, I'm batting a 1000%!

On this upcoming East Coast cruise, I'm hearing that there are a LOT of breweries! Cannot wait!

Great posts, lol!!!!

An option for leftovers is to give you cabin stewy... Worse case scenario they dump it.

I used to take two large ones... One for me and one for the Mrs... Usually Gentlemen Jack and Seagrams 7 for her...

I enjoy to home brewing also, so now I usually take an empty growler and hope to find a local brewery when in port. I fill up and attempt to take on ship. So far, I'm batting a 1000%!

On this upcoming East Coast cruise, I'm hearing that there are a LOT of breweries! Cannot wait!

So for every time you bring on one bottle with you, you end up with 10 bottles on the ship? Wow!

So for every time you bring on one bottle with you, you end up with 10 bottles on the ship? Wow!

Baseball terminology.. Meant that every time I've take a growler with beer on board, I've always gotten them on...

Here you go: . In baseball, to get a hit every time one is at bat (resulting in a batting average of 1.000). The slugger is still batting a thousand after a record eight at-bats.

Wait, WHAT? Clothes hangers are verboten? We plan to take several.

I take regular metal hangers every cruise and never a problem.

Although I did have a problem once, because of an aluminum tumbler in which I put a can of hairspray to save room. My suitcase arrived late with the TSA lock missing, my pool towel clips broken, and the contents in disarray. But, nothing was missing.

I’ve always used Shambooze bottles. Even with a drinks package nice to have a drink in the room. They’ve worked 100% of the time. I’ve given them to friends to use too. Even when a friends back went to the naughty room for an iron, they took them out and didn’t even question it.

I may be the only person who has successfully smuggled a pint of vodka on and off my first cruise. I put it in one of my socks in the checked bags. It made it without detection. However, I never drank it and stuck to mostly beer during the cruise. I came home with the same bottle.

Once me and my friends after a tailgate for an NFL game smuggled beer into the stadium in our winter coats and pants. We made it but it was so foolish. We could have been thrown out of the game. The next day it hit me why we would do something so stupid. We had the money to buy more beer. It was so dumb to jeopardize our game for a few cans of beer.

Once on Sky I found a big plastic bottle of "mouthwash" left in one of the nightstands. It of course was full of booze.

Been there done that. Its dumb to smuggle any kind of alcohol. I shame myself as much as others for doing it.

The closets do not have enough hangers for two people.

anyone who has to bring extra hangers must not know how to pack or think they need their entire wardrobe. WOW. We have never had a hanger problem even on longer cruises.

Now for those who still use rum runners because they like to have a drink in their cabin: we just hit the bar (any bar) get a drink and take it back to the cabin. Easy peasy.

The problem with them, and any other method, is that you have to keep running back to your room to fill your drink. Easier to sit on the pool deck and let a waiter bring it to you.

Even in an interior room you are spending what $20 an hour to be on vacation. Seems crazy to spend 20 minutes going back to your room to get a drink to save a few bucks per drink.

I may be the only person who has successfully smuggled a pint of vodka on and off my first cruise. I put it in one of my socks in the checked bags. It made it without detection. However, I never drank it and stuck to mostly beer during the cruise. I came home with the same bottle.

You're not the only one to smuggle bottles on. I'm pretty sure they don't look at every piece of luggage. My daughter has gotten full 1.75 liter bottles on. On a recent Carnival 3 day booze cruise my friend put 8 24oz cans of beer in 2 different suitcases as well as rumrunners. They found the beer in one of his cases but the other made it through. they took the beer but left the rum-runners. I guess they didn't see them. And before anyone asks, I have no idea why he smuggled beer on, other than that dude LOVES his beer ;p

You're not the only one to smuggle bottles on. I'm pretty sure they don't look at every piece of luggage. My daughter has gotten full 1.75 liter bottles on. On a recent Carnival 3 day booze cruise my friend put 8 24oz cans of beer in 2 different suitcases as well as rumrunners. They found the beer in one of his cases but the other made it through. they took the beer but left the rum-runners. I guess they didn't see them. And before anyone asks, I have no idea why he smuggled beer on, other than that dude LOVES his beer ;p

I didn't say I was the only one to smuggle booze on a ship. I said that I may be the only person to smuggle booze on the ship, not drink it, and then take it off the ship again. I realize many people successfully smuggle booze of all sorts.

I didn't say I was the only one to smuggle booze on a ship. I said that I may be the only person to smuggle booze on the ship, not drink it, and then take it off the ship again. I realize many people successfully smuggle booze of all sorts.

Nah, I've done that too;p. I've snuck on Macallan, didn't drink it and took it back home. Very unusual for me not to drink my Macallan but on that cruise they had it on the ship and I had a bevy package so no need to drink my own....

I haven't had the need to used them since UBP was added as a perk but never had a problem. Like the other poster mentioned put them in a shoe. But also make sure there is nothing else in the suitcase to make NCL open it (e.g., clothes hangers, hair dryers, curling irons, etc..)

Cheers!

Clothes hanger s??? I brought wire ones, no issue