Sale fatigue! Anyone else?

I think I get about a dozen or more emails a week from various lines (RCI, Celebrity, NCL) about the "latest and greatest" sale opportunity. I'm a pretty seasoned traveler and never shy away from booking trips. But honestly, I've gotten to the point where much of the time, I can't even make sense of the sales. I wonder if the deal ever really changes, or is it just a shell game of moving around the charges and the specials?

Sure, once I book a cruise, I watch for price drops (or my TA does), but I just haven't found the sale offers compelling enough to ever make me bite. Maybe it's just me, but it almost seems like they've made the whole thing so convoluted that it's not easy to tell if you're seeing a good deal or not. I mean, after all, prices already change sailing to sailing.

Does anyone have any advice for actually sorting out all the "amazing offers!" ?:confused:

Look for obc. I will bite if there's some free money involved. It's gotta be in my imaginary price range, too, but at least I'll look.

Our budget is maxed out on what's booked now, so I'm in price checking mode for 2019. The sale info helps me decide if it's worth while to go check.

Our cruises in 2020 are just holding the cabin, because it's gotta be a cheaper refundable deposit price for me to bite, and they aren't even showing refundable prices on RCCL's web site now. So, I'll wait on those.

• 2 weeks later...
Look for obc. I will bite if there's some free money involved. It's gotta be in my imaginary price range, too, but at least I'll look.

Our budget is maxed out on what's booked now, so I'm in price checking mode for 2019. The sale info helps me decide if it's worth while to go check.

Our cruises in 2020 are just holding the cabin, because it's gotta be a cheaper refundable deposit price for me to bite, and they aren't even showing refundable prices on RCCL's web site now. So, I'll wait on those.

Well, I take it all back..... I found an 8 night cruise yesterday with either a senior or resident discount. Inside guarantee, all fees, including tips is $650 per person. Budget cutting for the next two months coming up!!!