LIVE from the CARIBBEAN PRINESS - August 25th - Sept. 1st

Pia1913

On the Caribbean princess now too. I find the selections in the buffet to be awful. I know things like this are highly subjective and just personal preference, but they’ve tried to make things fancy (my description) and instead just ruined it.

Why does the pork need to be stuffed with nuts and vegetables? Why can’t it just be a regular piece of pork?

I have liked most everything served in club class dining though.

Are you still eating at the buffet? Do you have anything else to tell us about the food choices?

Yes. Or from IC. I never talk about food because my repertoire is minimal. My meal of choice is breakfast; even at home. And, I'm very happy with my breakfast here. I sometimes don't eat dinner at all.

Hello, back again with not much to add. We're docked at Puerta Maya and since I'm in Cozumel very often, unless I need something from a farmacia I don't get off the ship. Today I needed nothing and certainly didn't want to meander in the heat. Carnival Glory remains with us; their itinerary exactly the same as ou.rs. But, we depart from FLL and they from MIA.

Our trivia team has changed a bit. Two people who sometimes showed up disappeared completely. And two days ago one player had a tantrum and stormed off in the middle of the game because the majority didn't agree with him. We were right; he was wrong. No time for prima donnas. So they were replaced and we promptly won with our new members. This afternoon we gained two more newbies and won again. :) Another wine stopper.

No questions. No comments. No responses. I will leave you now and see you in the morning. Unless of course there's something earth shattering that occurs and requires my attention. hahaha

Pia;

Congrats on the win.....:):):)

Bob

On the Caribbean princess now too. I find the selections in the buffet to be awful. I know things like this are highly subjective and just personal preference, but they’ve tried to make things fancy (my description) and instead just ruined it.

Why does the pork need to be stuffed with nuts and vegetables? Why can’t it just be a regular piece of pork?

Nuts??? :confused:

Happy Friday. It's a sea day and last day of this cruise. Clocks went ahead last night and we're finally back to where we started in EST.

The Patter is chock full of stuff, so here's what's happening in the morning. At 9:00 there is something called Planetarium signup at Vines. I have no clue what it is other than it says "join a test group for a new planetarium experience onboard" first come first served limited space. 10:00 brings us Pirates of the Caribbean on MUTS and a culinary demo in the theater followed by a galley tour.Then come the sales from the shops; mostly jewelry. Effy will even give you a mimosa.

Would you like a complimentary facial rejuvenation consult? How about a seminar on how to manage your arthritis pain? Something else perhaps; an "all about lips" event? Then again, you can opt to detox for health and weight loss. All of this can be yours in ONE morning. OOPS, almost forgot. Bingo.

Here comes the afternoon offerings with more spa stuff, more jewelry and more Bingo. We also have arts and crafts, the art auction, Wonder Woman on MUTS, rhythm of the caribbean dance class, wine tasting and our final trivia.

Somewhere with all this activity passengers will have to think about packing. No worries here. I'm a pro. I'll be back later to tell you about evening enchantment.

Yes, you are correct food is highly subjective and differs from person to person. Friends of ours are on the ship now doing the back to back and they have reported the buffet food and selections last week and this week have been good and they are enjoying it.

Yes, you are correct food is highly subjective and differs from person to person. Friends of ours are on the ship now doing the back to back and they have reported the buffet food and selections last week and this week have been good and they are enjoying it.

Has anyone noticed the progression of the food in the buffet? First couple of days you have a roast turkey,,then you get turkey hash a couple of days later then you get turkey soup, then turkey vegetable soup

Same with fish...you get the full fish at the beginning then some kind of fish stew or multiple seafoods in a dish, then the fish soups show up.

Maybe they like nuts? :D:rolleyes:

All kidding aside I've read so many reports bashing it & so many praising it, I've given up on believing all the posts & I'll have to make my own judgement in the fall. :cool:

Maybe they like nuts? :D:rolleyes:

All kidding aside I've read so many reports bashing it & so many praising it, I've given up on believing all the posts & I'll have to make my own judgement in the fall. :cool:

Exactly. :) One item there yesterday was something I've never seen anywhere. It was a philly cheese steak without green peppers, served in a small bread bowl. I, who very rarely eats any beef other than an occasional hamburger, enjoyed it. I did scoop it out in order to forego all that bread.

Enchanted Evening; this is what the Patter calls it.

Remember those steel drum classes? Well, at 8:30 those passengers will show us what they learned with a performance in the Piazza.

The highlight tonight is Tricia Kelly in the theater; a vocal impressionist. Otherwise, not much else happening unless you stay outside for several MUTS concerts as follows:

1. Annie Lennox

2. Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett

3. Michael Buble

Now I'm going to pack up and go back to my reading. Weather is not HOT HOT HOT so perhaps I'll use my balcony for the first time.

Has anyone noticed the progression of the food in the buffet? First couple of days you have a roast turkey,,then you get turkey hash a couple of days later then you get turkey soup, then turkey vegetable soup

Same with fish...you get the full fish at the beginning then some kind of fish stew or multiple seafoods in a dish, then the fish soups show up.

Re-purposing left-overs is a practice that is good for both ecological and economic reasons. It also belies the rumor that the crew was fed what the passengers didn't eat.

Re-purposing left-overs is a practice that is good for both ecological and economic reasons. It also belies the rumor that the crew was fed what the passengers didn't eat.

I am not condemning the practice, every good housewife on a budget does that....however, if you like those dishes, it is something to look forward to.

Was the MTG's picture in the Patter this cruise? It wasn't last week and wondering if this is now a thing of the past or if it was just an error last week.

As I recall sometimes there wasn’t a photo of the MTG in the Patter...maybe some people want their privacy & don’t want their photo displayed?

That’s a decision I’ll never need to make. [emoji6]

Pia,

Was the MTG's picture in the Patter this cruise? It wasn't last week and wondering if this is now a thing of the past or if it was just an error last week.

As I recall sometimes there wasn’t a photo of the MTG in the Patter...maybe some people want their privacy & don’t want their photo displayed?

That’s a decision I’ll never need to make. [emoji6]

Nope. No photo. But it's the same person for the past few weeks, so no way of knowing whether it's something discontinued or if it was by request

Nope. No photo. But it's the same person for the past few weeks, so no way of knowing whether it's something discontinued or if it was by request

It wasn’t by request last week. Spoke with the CC host (Faye) and she had no idea it was not going to be in the Patter. The current # 1 MTG on your cruise was the # 1 last week but the week before that he wasn’t and the MTGs’ (Bruce and Joanne) picture was in the Patter.

The Patter format changed on the 8/11 cruise which was the debut of MedallionNet and *****.

It’s not earth shattering but I was just curious.

I'll be there as long as it doesn't clash with trivia. Should I walk in shouting your name? :eek:

I was expecting someone to burst into Sabatini's this afternoon shouting my name. I know you didn't, but no one else did either. :(

Hope you've had a good cruise!

I have a copy of the Patter from Coral Princess with Pia and Mike as most traveled. I know Pia doesn't say how many days she has but the Patter does show how many at that point on their 75th cruise with Princess - way back in 2014. I won't say how many though. :cool: I know it's been a hard time for Pia but it's good to see her back again with an all new "Live" thread.

I was expecting someone to burst into Sabatini's this afternoon shouting my name. I know you didn't, but no one else did either. :(

Hope you've had a good cruise!

Sorry Deb. Good intentions sometimes get skewed by other stuff. See you on another cruise eventually.

I have a copy of the Patter from Coral Princess with Pia and Mike as most traveled. I know Pia doesn't say how many days she has but the Patter does show how many at that point on their 75th cruise with Princess - way back in 2014. I won't say how many though. :cool: I know it's been a hard time for Pia but it's good to see her back again with an all new "Live" thread.

You trying to make me cry, Michael? Thank you. :) See you on the Emerald. Or before.