Any idea how long it takes for an Azamara review to post?

hennesseystealth

• Administrators

Hello!

We review submissions as they are received; so it may take a few business days before it is published. We don't use machine or algorithms to publish but real people who also happen to be frequent cruisers and fans just like you!

You'll receive an email with the status of your review shortly. Did you know that Cruise Critic is one of the few review sites that offer the opportunity to update your review if the review requires a correction or additional information?

Thanks for your patience,

Laura

Hello!

We review submissions as they are received; so it may take a few business days before it is published. We don't use machine or algorithms to publish but real people who also happen to be frequent cruisers and fans just like you!

You'll receive an email with the status of your review shortly. Did you know that Cruise Critic is one of the few review sites that offer the opportunity to update your review if the review requires a correction or additional information?

Thanks for your patience,

Laura

Just a side note, I didn't get an email telling me the review went live. I checked spam as well and nothing there.

Just a side note, I didn't get an email telling me the review went live. I checked spam as well and nothing there.

I think my e mail came about 2 days after my review was posted.

I agree about the shower curtain, but I can’t see that there is room to put a sliding door on, it would make the shower even smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just read the review. The OP's experience is completely different from our experience on Quest in June.

Also the reviews on the ports visited seem a little harsh. If these ports were new to the OP then perhaps research on the Ports of Call board may have made for a happier and more fulfilling cruise because I do agree that information onboard is often limited except when someone from the local Tourist Board comes onboard or just on the quayside by the ship.

We would never have known about the wonderful water jousting in Sete had we not taken the time to talk to them.

I agree about the shower curtain, but I can’t see that there is room to put a sliding door on, it would make the shower even smaller.

The shower curtain issue has been discussed many times and it is never going to change.

These ships are almost 20 years old, if anything could have been done it would have been long ago.

If you book anything below a CC cabin you will have a shower curtain.

Having read the review, I would also say that this was not our experience on the Quest in July.

One thing I would ask is whether you took your OBC issue up with the head of Guest Relations or with Philip Herbert, Hotel Director. I’m sure one of them would have tried to sort things out for you. I also wonder if you provided feedback on the feedback form you get after a few days. In our experience any issues raised on this form have always had a very quick response whichever Azamara ship you’re on.

You’re right about the shower, it is small. I know Azamara have looked at changing from a curtain to a door but have found it impossible to do so, given the size of the bathroom.

Having read the review, I would also say that this was not our experience on the Quest in July.

One thing I would ask is whether you took your OBC issue up with the head of Guest Relations or with Philip Herbert, Hotel Director. I’m sure one of them would have tried to sort things out for you. I also wonder if you provided feedback on the feedback form you get after a few days. In our experience any issues raised on this form have always had a very quick response whichever Azamara ship you’re on.

You’re right about the shower, it is small. I know Azamara have looked at changing from a curtain to a door but have found it impossible to do so, given the size of the bathroom.

I agree.

Not our experience in June.

I think of the shower curtain now as a memorable “feature” that is part of the on board experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always think it's useful to read reviews both positive and negative and yes some things may have been raised previously but that does not mean they are any less relevant. I think the review raises useful points that l read with interest and as such is very useful for people considering wether or not to try the Azamara brand.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

I am not suggesting a hard wall shower stall, I think a bowed shower curtain rod would give people the extra room where needed and not cause a massive refitting.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bobrick-b-4207-x-60-stainless-steel-60-curved-shower-curtain-rod/179B4207X60.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-PK_8pea3QIVRmB-Ch2u_Q4lEAQYAyABEgIPX_D_BwE

All items were reported on the survey form. Didn't hear back on a single issue from any onboard staff other than Guest Relations saying they would look into them and a message that the OBC was resolved a couple of days before the end of the voyage. So, we had very little time to use up the remaining $300. We didn't search out senior staff as it should be Guest Relations job to do that and then senior staff to respond.

I am not suggesting a hard wall shower stall, I think a bowed shower curtain rod would give people the extra room where needed and not cause a massive refitting.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bobrick-b-4207-x-60-stainless-steel-60-curved-shower-curtain-rod/179B4207X60.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-PK_8pea3QIVRmB-Ch2u_Q4lEAQYAyABEgIPX_D_BwE

Sounds feasible and I guess they’d have to change the floor or the curtain would hang over the shower threshold & you’d have a very wet bathmat

Sounds feasible and I guess they’d have to change the floor or the curtain would hang over the shower threshold & you’d have a very wet bathmat

No need to change the threshold on the shower. You see this in mid to upper end hotels that upgrade their bathrooms while leaving a tub/shower combo in place. You use the bowed out curtain rod and then either weight a longer shower curtain or use one with magnets on the bottom. Depends if the threshold is aluminum or iron-based. The bottom stays tucked into the shower pan and the top gives you more "elbow room."

No need to change the threshold on the shower. You see this in mid to upper end hotels that upgrade their bathrooms while leaving a tub/shower combo in place. You use the bowed out curtain rod and then either weight a longer shower curtain or use one with magnets on the bottom. Depends if the threshold is aluminum or iron-based. The bottom stays tucked into the shower pan and the top gives you more "elbow room."

I can see this would work brilliantly with a shower in a bath, where the curtain would fall into the bath. The threshold in the Azamara bathrooms is shallow, so I’m not sure how well the bottom of the curtain would stay inside, even if it had a magnetic bottom. It might be worth a try though!

Unfortunately, if I just happened along your review I would not give it any credence. It is entirely negative. It seems as if every port and the ship itself were terrible.

In the future, if you want to write a review, it should be a constructive review that will get your point across about your negative experience, but it should be more well written and include both the positives and negatives. It needs to be thoughtful.

I know this sounds harsh, but writing a review is not spouting out how terrible something was, but a fair, well-rounded critique highlighting both the positives and negatives, because let's face it, Rome is an amazing city and it was the city you were meant to be reviewing, and not civitavecchia!

Sabrina

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

With the introduction of a third ship to Azamara, unfortunately about one third of the crew was taken from both Journey and Quest, with the result that some new staff are taking longer to reach the same standard as those who have been with the line for many years.

The day you say your stateroom had not been serviced, you also say you left at noon. Staterooms are typically serviced twice a day by crew working a split shift. Firstly in the morning, a full service and secondly in the evening, a turn down and tidy up.

Did you read the daily Pursuit delivered to your stateroom each evening and note events in which you were interested?

Any difficulties we have experienced in out 20 plus Azamara cruises have been attended to in most instances fairly promptly.

We are neither tall nor large and have no problems with the shower in our favourite oceanview stateroom.

I research ports of call and possible activities in & around the port which I enjoy on my own. For activities further afield I am more likely to join an organised tour.

Loved exploring the Fortress at Corfu on my own. Went twice, morning and afternoon, as my camera battery failed and I had forgotten to charge the spare. No problem going back in on the same ticket, having spoken with the person at the gate before leaving the first time. I would like to go back to see more of the town, but I enjoyed the prolonged visit to the fortress.

Love Dubrovnik. Have visited on my own from two cruises and will go again if the opportunity arises, as I am sure I have not yet seen all there is to see although on the first visit I walked all of the wall.

Koper & Ravello are on my to do list.

Civitavecchia is a large port with quite a bit of history attached and more than well worth having a closer look. Among other places I enjoyed visiting both the church and the small archeological museum.

Mt Etna was a "must do" for me when the opportunity arose. The ship's excursion was in the afternoon after docking around lunch time. The trip would have been better in the morning, as the weather deteriorates in the afternoon. Still, it was worth doing.

Taormina likewise was worth doing on a ship's tour. Once inside the hilltop town, we were able to stay with the guide explore on our own, which I did, having been given a time and location to meet. The views were spectacular.

Yes, Venice is an easy place to become a bit disorientated, but absolutely well worth a visit or two.

I could have also mentioned in my previous post, my first experience of Azamara, the "loss" of my carry on bag which I was talked in to leaving to be tagged with my matching bright orange checked bag . . . medications . . . chargers . . . computer and more . . . which Guest Relations seemed unable to locate although I told them the name of the fellow cruiser we shared a cab with from hotel to check in for the cruise.

After several stressful hours of futile trips to Guest Relations . . . after safety drill . . . due to sail in 15 minutes . . . I "exploded" with frustration, recounting the events of the afternoon to a crew member in uniform who was at that time standing behind the counter.

Turned out that was Ryszard Gussman, now Hotel Director on Pursuit. I had my bag about 5 minutes later!

Speaking to our fellow cruiser the next day, she told me my bag had spent the afternoon in a cycle being delivered to her stateroom with her name on the Azamara tag and returned to baggage services although she told staff each time that it was my bag and it had my personal bag tag easily visible.

Had I not given Azamara another chance, I would have missed out on many years of pleasurable cruising.

Bayanno1 - I agree with you about Civitavecchia. We had a day exploring it in July and enjoyed it. We especially liked the market with its great ham and cheese stalls. Also some lovely shops and things were much cheaper than in Rome. I bought a lovely pair of evening sandals for €9!

Bayanno1 - I agree with you about Civitavecchia. We had a day exploring it in July and enjoyed it. We especially liked the market with its great ham and cheese stalls. Also some lovely shops and things were much cheaper than in Rome. I bought a lovely pair of evening sandals for €9!

I always enjoy looking beyond the obvious and exploring off the beaten track streets and alleys. :)