Cruise Critic Members Welcome P&O Cruises' Decision to Remove Auto-Tips; Other UK Lin

LauraS

It's common sense. On the whole, Brits aren't used to tipping anyone to the amount decided by cruise lines, and I've listened, but not joined in, to many who have been perplexed and sometimes annoyed, on P&O ships.

It took a UK manager of RCI to make Indy more British friendly by removing the tipping on drinks (even though they were added in the price), plus adding kettles, to increase their numbers. Perhaps P&O are drawing customers back with this act.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Having just today booked an Arcadia cruise for next March, I can assure you the daily pricing has increased to cover the automatic gratuities included in the cruise fare.  From May 2019, I believe.  Too many pax removing them I suppose, hence the change, now non negotiable. Will certainly decrease the work load for the purser's staff !!  All those forms gone !!

P&O Australia and Princess Australia implemented the same change a couple of years ago.

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

P&O Australia and Princess Australia implemented the same change a couple of years ago.

We did a cruise in 2015 with Princess Australia and the tips were included at that time. 🙂

It's taken a few years for Carnival to realise they can't force their standards into the UK market. Still regret the day P&O was purchased by Carnival. 😞

• Like 1