quick question on no-refundable deposit

Looks like we may have to cancel a non-refundable booking. It was $450 deposit x 2. What are my penalties and/or what are my options?

Thanks

If you are before final payment date, then you will lose $100 per person and have two $350 future cruise credits to use within a year. Those cruise credits will be tied to specific names and can only be used by those people.

You will forfeit the $100pp fee. The remaining $350pp will be issued as a future cruise credit in each guests name. The FCC must be used with a year or it is forfeited as well.

If you are before final payment date, then you will lose $100 per person and have two $350 future cruise credits to use within a year. Those cruise credits will be tied to specific names and can only be used by those people.

Thanks, that's the exact answer I was looking for! I tried to read RCCL's mumbo-jumbo rules, but thanks to you both, you made it much more simplified.

While I understand the rule that the FCC goes to each person on the reservation, it seems that it could go to the person (credit card name) making the payment. What if that second person doesn't plan to take another cruise?

They will not issue the FCC to only the person on the credit card. If the other passenger does not plan on taking another cruise then that FCC will be lost.

Perhaps someone knows if this would work.

A and B both receive FCC’s so go ahead and book the next cruise for A and B. If B did not want to cruise then after the FCC has been applied do a name change and add C and remove B

... A and B both receive FCC’s so go ahead and book the next cruise for A and B. If B did not want to cruise then after the FCC has been applied do a name change and add C and remove B

No direct experience with this Ken. But it would not surprise me if they have this covered, i.e., the FCC is tied to a specific person's name and if that name is changed, the FCC goes poof.

Has anybody tried booking one refundable and one non-refundable deposit on a single booking? I am taking my sister on her first cruise in January; she is excited about it but has a habit of bailing out on new experiences/trips at the last minute. On this particular cruise I know my SO would go in her place and I would also be willing to go solo, but that is not always the case. If she cancels, I wouldn’t try again and her FCC would definitely go unused.

Upon calling, as long as I apply my FCC before they expire, they can be used on a cruise that has been booked past the year deadline, but they need to be applied before they expire. Ken I called because our FCC had to be used by August 10, 2019. Since the daughter & I are already on a cruise in March of 2019 and we have the Freedom booked for the following March 2020 the daughter couldn't get off work for an additional cruise between April 2019 and the August 10, 2019. He spoke with his supervisor and as long as our FCC is Applied to our Freedom 2020 cruise before the FCC expire I can still use them

Has anybody tried booking one refundable and one non-refundable deposit on a single booking? I am taking my sister on her first cruise in January; she is excited about it but has a habit of bailing out on new experiences/trips at the last minute. On this particular cruise I know my SO would go in her place and I would also be willing to go solo, but that is not always the case. If she cancels, I wouldn’t try again and her FCC would definitely go unused.

Good question, not 100% sure, but I would assume the entire booking is either refundable or non-refundable.

Upon calling, as long as I apply my FCC before they expire, they can be used on a cruise that has been booked past the year deadline, but they need to be applied before they expire.

You may want to call 3 or 4 more times and average the answers.;)

Yep same here. My sis would never go on a cruise without me being the ring leader. On last year's cruise it rained the entire time--couldn't even get out on the balcony and skipped Coco Cay. She hasn't forgotten that and chose not to go this year. I did find a substitute.

I'm looking to book a cruise for next year on Royal site and it doesn't show an option for non refundable and refundable deposits? I want to book fully refundable and it's not an option today. It was yesterday but not now. A computer glitch?? I know when i call they'll say it isn't available but it should be since it was yesterday...

I'm looking to book a cruise for next year on Royal site and it doesn't show an option for non refundable and refundable deposits? I want to book fully refundable and it's not an option today. It was yesterday but not now. A computer glitch?? I know when i call they'll say it isn't available but it should be since it was yesterday...

Sometimes you have to go thru the entire booking process entering all passenger info and then on the page where you pick dining times there is a box with the refundable amount in it. Check that box to get that rate

Upon calling, as long as I apply my FCC before they expire, they can be used on a cruise that has been booked past the year deadline, but they need to be applied before they expire. Ken I called because our FCC had to be used by August 10, 2019. Since the daughter & I are already on a cruise in March of 2019 and we have the Freedom booked for the following March 2020 the daughter couldn't get off work for an additional cruise between April 2019 and the August 10, 2019. He spoke with his supervisor and as long as our FCC is Applied to our Freedom 2020 cruise before the FCC expire I can still use them

Good news.

Looks like we may have to cancel a non-refundable booking. It was $450 deposit x 2. What are my penalties and/or what are my options?

Thanks

Well the dirty deed is done. I just cancelled the second booking for my two sisters who were going to join us but could not commit before final payment. They each will receive a $350 FCC and will lose $100 each. My mom and I are still going.

I am hopeful that what a previous poster said about extending the FCC beyond a year by booking before the year is up, is true. I don't think either sister can cruise again within a year to use up the FCC otherwise.

I will NEVER, EVER book non-refundable after this experience! Lesson learned!