FV cat cabin

sandancer

Has anyone has ever been able to book a family verandah for a couple or if they only allow a minimum of 4 guests. If they don’t have a family needing this type of cabin would they release it for general bookings?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they do. Generally speaking, they tend to release these closer to the sail date - but that is NOT a hard and fast rule. They can pop up at any time. We booked ours months in advance.

My best advice is to literally check the website daily. When they do appear, they often do not last long.

Good luck.

Mike

NOT an expert here but... I have been able to get all the way through the reservation booking process on the Celebrity website for some ships (Reflection, Summit and Silhouette) when selecting a FV category room with only 2 guests selected for the number of travelers and although, in the end I didn't finalize the booking, I was able to do a complimentary hold a room with no problem.

(We were looking at a cruise in December & had a third guest that's on the fence so FV was a perfect option. In the end we booked something different.)

Some posts I've read suggested that on some ships it is not an option to book with fewer than 3 to 4 guests. I don't know if it was an old Celebrity policy which has now changed OR if this policy is only enforced as certain times of year? It doesn't seem to be the class of ship, Reflection/Silhouette are 'S' class, Summit is 'M' class. Who knows if there's some other Celebrity policy that prohibits a smaller party from booking FV category on some sailings or what the reasoning is...

I've read that the only way to book these rooms is to call Celebrity (or do it through a TA) but personally, I've found FV class cabins readily available to book on several sailings via the Celebrity site so that's not been my experience.

We did take a Refection cruise last year in an FV category room with three people, no problem w/ booking.

S and M class ships have different configurations which you may know. Not sure if it's fleet wide but some (or maybe all?) 'S' class ships have FV rooms with two separate bedrooms which was glorious, huge rooom, lots of space - we LOVED the room.

Good Luck!

Over 5 years ago we 2 snagged the M-class 200-sq-ft FV 'cadillac-fins' for 2 trips shortly after final booking deadline (either early or late Alaska itinerary). I checked every day to see what became available and pounced immediately. They had been booked up thru the deadline and were released. I remember being prepared to offer +$750 to upgrade but they spoke first and asked $400 total.

Had a bit of bad luck when strong late-night storm was rattling all the deck chairs,loungers against railings. Crawled in rain in skivvies :eek:on hands/knees:eek: to duck low below railings to pull all furniture under shelter. Older/wiser? I'd just put in earplugs.;)

Has anyone has ever been able to book a family verandah for a couple or if they only allow a minimum of 4 guests. If they don’t have a family needing this type of cabin would they release it for general bookings?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a trans-Pacific aboard the Millie last year we were able to book a FV for 2 people about 9 months in advance. That's my only FV experience and we loved it!

• 3 weeks later...
We've just booked an FV for three adults on Silhouette; just under a year till the cruise..
Very different configuration and size (especially balcony) on S class ships. M class FVs are more like suites without the hefty price. Hoping to snag one for our Infinity cruise to the Med in May 2019. So far, not available.