Doubletree by Hilton New York

pmoniz

Suggest checking TripAdvisor for reviews. Location seems good but rooms are on the small side and some say dated.

Agree...far better place for lots of info.

I have stood a lot of places around Times Square, including near the Double Tree. :evilsmile:Am looking at a trip, possibly staying there next September.

I’ve read reviews on TripAdvisor! No kidding! I don’t understand why people on these boards just can’t answer a damn question asked!! Maybe I wanted to find out about opinions here too!! If you don’t have an answer for a poster then don’t comment!! People aren’t stupid! Stop answering questions like you think they are!!! So ridiculous!!! I used to think these boards were so helpful with people offering great tips and info. Now it’s just for bashing and condescending comments!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to agree with you....I haven't been on the boards much since my last cruise a few years ago and recently got back on with an upcoming cruise and the vibe here has changed considerably....I am almost afraid to ask a question with fear of the negative outcome...it really is too bad.

I have to agree with you....I haven't been on the boards much since my last cruise a few years ago and recently got back on with an upcoming cruise and the vibe here has changed considerably....I am almost afraid to ask a question with fear of the negative outcome...it really is too bad.

100% agree!! It’s sad!! Loved getting great advice and tips for upcoming cruises but not anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll actually answer as I have stayed there. I was there a couple years ago for a concert double header at MSG (Billy Joel and Bob Seger on back to back nights). I thought it was fine. It is a short walk to MSG (Penn Station) and B&H photo (important for me). I never felt unsafe at all walking back after the concerts at night or even after checking out T.S. stuff. It is a bit south of the hustle and bustle of TS but a quick subway ride or a sightly longer walk to get to the heart of the action. I would have no problem staying there again.....and I just might....{starts looking at the hilton website for avail dates later this year.;p}