Average price of drink?

asctony

For a rough calculation, figure around $9 a drink +18% gratuity for "classic package" level brands and you'll be close enough. Martini bar drinks are mostly $12 plus 18% gratuity....it really depends on what brands you drink.

Consider a drink package- so worth it! You get special coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, wine beer and alcoholic drinks. Unless you want premium drinks, like Martini's at the Martini bar, get the classic package- If you order a special drink, you only pay the difference between what the package allows and the additional cost of the drink. Enjoy

I've always found the drinks to be reasonably priced for the classic and premium brands (well and call, respectively). Even the well drinks are names you have heard of before, like Jim Beam, Absolut, Bombay, Jose Cuervo, etc. Those drinks made with these are usually $8-9 plus the gratuity I believe. They are covered by the classic package so they have to be $9 or less.

The reason I do not know exact prices is we have always had the classic drink package for the last few cruises. The premium brands are usually $10-15 plus gratuity and the premium package limit is $15 since mid-May I believe. Usually the higher end drinks above this limit are fine wines, cognacs and scotches although I'm sure there are higher end vodkas, bourbons, etc. The ones I usually hear talked about on this board are the wine, cognacs and scotches that are the "Ultra Premium" brands.

So yes, some drinks will be $14, but you do not have to pay that much. You can always find something less expensive if you are not picky about the actual liquor in your mixed drink.

The lowest level beverage package is the Standard package and it covers cocktails up to $6 using well brands so that would imply that you can get drinks such as rum & coke for $6 +18%. The well rum is Skol, I’m not sure about the others such as gin, vodka,etc but saw the bartenders pouring Skol last week.

The brands that sykimball1498 named (Absolute, José Curevo, Bombay) are the brands for the Classic package and will have a price of $8-9.

The lowest level beverage package is the Standard package and it covers cocktails up to $6 using well brands so that would imply that you can get drinks such as rum & coke for $6 +18%. The well rum is Skol, I’m not sure about the others such as gin, vodka,etc but saw the bartenders pouring Skol last week.

The brands that sykimball1498 named (Absolute, José Curevo, Bombay) are the brands for the Classic package and will have a price of $8-9.

Thanks for posting about he standard package. I really was not sure what it covered or what brands were covered so I didn't mention that package. I guess I shouldn't have said well drinks, because I know the brands that I mentioned are middle of the road and not really "well", but I just wanted him to know what brands you could get for the middle of the road costs.

I usually will state the liquor that I want to avoid them using the true "well" brands like Skol. I can't tell the difference between an Absolute or New Amsterdam vodka and a Premium brand usually, but I can taste the difference between something like Skol and Absolute. I think it's just what we get used to. My husband usually drinks Jack Daniels but will switch to JB on our Celebrity cruises since it is not covered in our package. He knows he can pay the upcharge, but chooses not to as he says he cannot taste much difference between the two.