Does Oceania website have a link to their preferred travel agencies?

dcsam

I once contacted Oceania for information about the "kids program" Alaska cruise fares after my previous agent retired. I got a call back from a supposed Connoisseur Club agent who had gotten my question from Oceania. He then tried to talk me out of Oceania, saying it wasn't an appropriate cruise for families! So they do seem to send the questions to agents. My guess is that this was the new guy in a large office who didn't know what he was doing. I then went on a site where I could compare different agent offers for the same cruise. Got a great agent. also Connoisseur Club, with a great offer and have booked exclusively with her ever since.

Mary

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/find-agent/

The link seems to work, though no telling how up-to-date the agent info is. (edited to add: the info is not recent. One agency listed for my zip code return had a name change 3 years ago)

Seems legit. Our travel agency is on it, but not the actual agent. I cant speak either, for how up to date it is.

I once contacted Oceania for information about the "kids program" Alaska cruise fares after my previous agent retired. I got a call back from a supposed Connoisseur Club agent who had gotten my question from Oceania. He then tried to talk me out of Oceania, saying it wasn't an appropriate cruise for families! So they do seem to send the questions to agents. My guess is that this was the new guy in a large office who didn't know what he was doing. I then went on a site where I could compare different agent offers for the same cruise. Got a great agent. also Connoisseur Club, with a great offer and have booked exclusively with her ever since.

Mary

Mary, What site did you find where you could compare different agent offers for the same cruise?

Mary, What site did you find where you could compare different agent offers for the same cruise?

It is against CC rules to ask for TA sites or TA recommendations

Might be good to read the guidelines before you get a warning from admin or worse ;)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=travel+agent&match=all&titlesonly=0

Just saying

The link seems to work, though no telling how up-to-date the agent info is. (edited to add: the info is not recent. One agency listed for my zip code return had a name change 3 years ago)

Yes, start here. Like Pauon, my agency is on here. Just start contacting some of these and quiz them a bit.

Does anyone have the problem I have with this link?

Canada and the United States( except for minor outlying islands) are not there when you click Select or even type the words in the box.

United Kingdom, Australia and a whole host of small countries are there.

Does anyone have the problem I have with this link?

Canada and the United States( except for minor outlying islands) are not there when you click Select or even type the words in the box.

United Kingdom, Australia and a whole host of small countries are there.

yes nothing for Canada or USA

probably that pesky rerouting they do for Canadians

There are some web sites that let you enter your cruise information, then they let a variety of TAs return offers for that trip. We used one and had 5 offers for various cabin classes within 24 hours. We checked them out with the BBB and within a few more hours we were booked with a great deal. They weren't local, but called them up, and they were the most knowledgeable of Oceania we have ever experienced.

I will add that before this, we had scheduled to meet with two local TAs, one from a small travel company, the other from a larger chain of cruise TAs. Both were terrible. Not only were they both not very knowledgeable when we asked them questions, both quoted the stock price we could just book on the web site for.