very disappointed with Equinox guest services

gatordoc85

Most ships have vending machines (bandaids, tylenol, etc) located just outside their medical centres -- I'm surprised to hear that this ship didn't.

And I’m surprised that there actually are vending machines. Probably at least 80% (I hope) never go near the Medical Center. I’m glad to know they exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And I’m surprised that there actually are vending machines. Probably at least 80% (I hope) never go near the Medical Center. I’m glad to know they exist.

As there is on the Equinox, surprised that GS did not refer OP but as others post, miscommunications can occur.

AS with all complaints we see on forums like this there are two sides to every story. My experience when dealing with complaints on another forum, when one gets to the nitty gritty and is able to get the other perspective often the issue is completely different.

I stand by my earlier comments that if the issue is as the OP explained it could have been resolved within minutes at Guest Relations by speaking with a supervisor who would have dealt with the matter and the staff member as appropriate

Not the answer to the OP, but in an instance like this when a relatively common product is needed, I’d just ask several other passengers. I’d happily give a total stranger on a cruise a couple of bandaids...

Sorry I never carry one.

A little different situation than someone who MIGHT need a band aid because they MIGHT start bleeding again. I I would guess one could find hundreds of band aids just by asking fellow guests, just in case.

The customer service rep handled it poorly, but the OP made a mountain out of a molehill. Just my opinion.

Sorry I never carry one.

Is the OP really a 17th time cruiser or one looking for so called sympathy. If in fact the OP was a veteran cruiser as claimed he/she would have been aware that if one doesn't get service escalate the issue up the line. Supervisor, guest relations manager, Hotel Director. All of the above would have resolved the problem quicker than it took to write this complaint and definitely quicker than going back ashore. A veteran cruiser would also know how expensive medical costs are on board and in a foreign country. I am astounded that the OP travels without even the most basic first aid kit. We like a lot of other correspondents have quite a detailed first aid kit. Finally everyone has off days and this may have been the Guest Relations person off day or it may have been a very inexperienced Guest Relations person who was following instructions. Next time the OP has an issue with any staff member don't come belly aching on travel forums but escalate the problem up the chain to get a satisfactory result. Then if a result is unobtainable use the methods of complaint open to complain to the Head Office or regional office and then if all fails complain on social media but give the company a chance to rectify the situation before bleeding ones heart on social media first. Whilst I may sympathise about not getting the instant resolution you wanted I have no sympathy for bypassing the chain of command in seeking resolution.

This is the basic thing and help that always come up from passenger.

the officer on duty should have better training,and know how to answer passenger simple problem.

I Have been traveling twice as many of OP and I never carry those First aid kit that you can get easily from the Guest Relation Office.

Did you actually specify that you just needed a Bandaid? Saying "basic first aid supplies" sounds like you're asking for more than just a Bandaid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Don't you think is the job of officer to ask the situation of the passenger if the customer did't specified?

If they really care.

It’s not guest services job to assume this person would turn down care due to cost. It is the persons job to offer what services are available and let the guest decide. In this case, the guest services offered nothing. Guest services failed here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Its pretty much like if the officer doesn't care ,that means Celebrity don't care either.

I agree all this over a little band its not like she was having a heart attack or something was she in danger of bleeding to death if a little band aid was all she needed put apaper towel on it or something people need to start watching out for themselves.

You misunderstood the poster,Its not the problem of bad was the injury.

The poster was trying to tell every one about the bad customer service.

This thread begs the question, what should be in your first aid kit?

Good question. I bring

Band aids

tweezers

Aspirin

advil

tylenol

benadryl

bonine

decongestant

immodium

ex-lax

witch hazel

aloe vera gel

cortaid

bacitracin

tooth repair kit that includes wax and fillings

zip lock bags (many uses, including ice packs)

flashlight (on my cell phone)

After reading this thread, I will add a self adhering ace bandage, gauze, surgical tape. I keep this stuff in a drawer in a spare bedroom so I'm not running for stuff at the last minute. Yes, this is a lot of extra stuff to bring, but when you need it, you're glad to have it.

Don't you think is the job of officer to ask the situation of the passenger if the customer did't specified?

If they really care.

Since he was being very vague, I would have thought he or his wife needed something personal like Imodium, laxative or a tampon. If that's what they were asking for and the officer started to pry, the OP would be here complaining that the officer was being nosey.

As there is on the Equinox, surprised that GS did not refer OP but as others post, miscommunications can occur.

Its a very simple English,I as I foreigner can understand all the OP question.

Its all POOR service from the Guess Relation officer.

That person just don't care.

Good question. I bring

Band aids

tweezers

Aspirin

advil

tylenol

benadryl

bonine

decongestant

immodium

ex-lax

witch hazel

aloe vera gel

cortaid

bacitracin

After reading this thread, I will add a self adhering ace bandage, gauze, surgical tape. I keep this stuff in a drawer in a spare bedroom so I'm not running for stuff at the last minute. Yes, this is a lot of extra stuff to bring, but when you need it, you're glad to have it.

Your med kit is small. LOL. Ours would keep an apothecary in business. We also take a few ban aids with us ashore every day to cope with the odd cut or scrape. We found to our cost in St Marcos square in Venice how expensive a few band aids can be

I would also like to add that on our Avalon River cruise, the AD came on the speaker and asked if anyone had laxatives they could give to another guest, as the ship did not have the space to carry many OTC meds. My brother-in-law had some which he donated. In fact, before long the AD came back on the speaker and said that the situation had been handled and no more laxatives were needed. I guess they had a good response.

Ok, now that's a funny story. I just laughed out loud. :loudcry:

Its a very simple English,I as I foreigner can understand all the OP question.

Its all POOR service from the Guess Relation officer.

That person just don't care.

I see that you're still upset about getting in trouble for playing your Bluetooth speaker too loud.... Twice! Sometimes it isn't bad guest services but bad guests

Good question. I bring

Band aids

tweezers

Aspirin

advil

tylenol

benadryl

bonine

decongestant

immodium

ex-lax

witch hazel

aloe vera gel

cortaid

bacitracin

Ok, now that is what I call a very comprehensive first aid kit. I totally need to beef mine up a bit. Where does one acquire a tooth repair kit? Sounds like a good thing to keep on hand.

I see that you're still upset about getting in trouble for playing your Bluetooth speaker too loud.... Twice! Sometimes it isn't bad guest services but bad guests

Glade you read my previous thread.I don't know why I got a hug from her on my disembarkation on my last cruise?:rolleyes:

Don't just nail some one without knowing the actual fact.

Ok, now that is what I call a very comprehensive first aid kit. I totally need to beef mine up a bit. Where does one acquire a tooth repair kit? Sounds like a good thing to keep on hand.

I found it at Walmart - after reading about it here. Was on a cruise where we were sampling candies - said I don’t do toffees due to fillings. She said not a problem, out popped her crown.

I remember paying $3 for a Band aid one of my first cruises. Learned to carry my first aid and stuff with me.

One cruise, a trivia teammate had a body reaction to water. He asked for Imodium and ended up being confined to his cabin for three days. He now carries immodium on every cruise.

My husband cut his arm - badly - when one of the automatic doors pinched his arm. He slapped on a couple of bandaids. Maybe it should have been reported, but he assumed responsibility and stuck on bandaids to cover the cut.

Experienced travelers, by car, train, plane or cruise ship carry some medical stuff in case of injury.

I purchased ours at Walgreens. I wasn't aware that such a product existed until I read about it on CC. Inexpensive and small in size. Since we do a number of trans-atlantics and trans-pacifics it seemed like a good idea.