Drinks package

Stitchman

Much to a lot of people's upset, RCI have removed the deluxe drinks package from the 2 and 3 nights sailings from the UK.

Does anyone know the real reason for this, and why they are still available on American sailings for 2 and 3 nights.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Drunken bachelor / bachelorette parties, or whatever you guys call them.

Much to a lot of people's upset, RCI have removed the deluxe drinks package from the 2 and 3 nights sailings from the UK.

Does anyone know the real reason for this, and why they are still available on American sailings for 2 and 3 nights.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Making money from drunk Brits?:confused:

Well since none of us on here work at Royal and are not privy to the real reason the only 2 things we can do is accept the reason that they stated or we can hypothesize as to what the reason was.

You could have fooled me !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The actual reason they gave was ........

People complained about the time it took queueing for drinks at the bar. In all my years cruising with Royal Caribbean , I have never had a problem getting a drink on a short cruise.

Yet it's still being offered on American ships.

That seems discriminatory to me.

People complained about the time it took queueing for drinks at the bar. In all my years cruising with Royal Caribbean , I have never had a problem getting a drink on a short cruise.

An Australian perspctive - I went on a 3 nighter from Sydney in February. I had the deluxe package as I usually do and the lines were crazy! Genuinely much longer waits than on the 7+ night cruises. I think pretty much every adult on that ship had a package, and many were drinking hard (because most people can for 3 days yeah).

So I could see people complaining about that. I think Aussies and Brits have a different drinking culture than Americans do, but not sure why they have stopped it in UK but not here. Mind you, they were selling deluxe for USD82 onboard so maybe they felt they still made enough profit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote

I would think it's because they don't make money on them on the short UK cruises. Too well used !! I think with RC it's all about the bottom line. Maybe it will go change to no DP on the short cruises everywhere on their network soon .....

An Australian perspctive - I went on a 3 nighter from Sydney in February. I had the deluxe package as I usually do and the lines were crazy! Genuinely much longer waits than on the 7+ night cruises. I think pretty much every adult on that ship had a package, and many were drinking hard (because most people can for 3 days yeah).

So I could see people complaining about that. I think Aussies and Brits have a different drinking culture than Americans do, but not sure why they have stopped it in UK but not here. Mind you, they were selling deluxe for USD82 onboard so maybe they felt they still made enough profit.

Hi bek, the queues on the Royal ships out of the U.K. Were never crazy, I'd never seen any trouble on board and the only reason people had trouble getting to the bar, was because the stools are fixed to the deck (so if you try to get between 2 fellas with big elbows, you're bugggered ).

They usually have more trouble on P&O ships , and they "don't " offer drinks packages.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote

I would think it's because they don't make money on them on the short UK cruises. Too well used !! I think with RC it's all about the bottom line. Maybe it will go change to no DP on the short cruises everywhere on their network soon .....

And the Dollar is the bottom line.

I have one more short cruise booked, then I'm going to go back to P&O for my shorties. The drinks are just pub prices, they have adult only ships and the sailaways are legendary.

Has anyone seen the YouTube drunken brawls on carnival ships in the Caribbean ?

No Brits involved there !

Maybe the possible drunken brawls are the reason RCI has stopped the drinks packages. Injuries to crew and follow passenger could cost RCI thousands if not millions in law suits.

Maybe the possible drunken brawls are the reason RCI has stopped the drinks packages. Injuries to crew and follow passenger could cost RCI thousands if not millions in law suits.

So what is any different on a four night cruise then ?

So what is any different on a four night cruise then ?

I don't know only RCI can answer your question.

Hi bek, the queues on the Royal ships out of the U.K. Were never crazy, I'd never seen any trouble on board and the only reason people had trouble getting to the bar, was because the stools are fixed to the deck (so if you try to get between 2 fellas with big elbows, you're bugggered ).

They usually have more trouble on P&O ships , and they "don't " offer drinks packages.

I guess I must be unlucky because I have had to queue for drinks, no matter the length of the cruise.