Heard changes to Loyalty Program to be announced @ 2018 prez cuise - rumours???

1 point inside cabin.

2 points window cabin.

3 points balcony cabin.

4 points JS.

5 points GS and above.

This would be a fair way to judge both loyalty and cash spent on cabins.

That would be interesting because I always get a balcony cheaper than an OV and usually cheaper or equal to an inside.

Correct but someone had anticipated them changing the signage from DL to CL and CL to SL.

That's not how it works.

If a ship is going to change from having a Concierge Lounge to having a Suite Lounge, there is still a Diamond Lounge. The Concierge Lounge just goes away.

Would be nice to find the DL on Harmony not crowded, but not holding my breath...would have to be called "blue girl". ;):eek:

Try cruising the big ships out of Ft Lauderdale in the summer. This July there were only 5 pinnacles, 18 D+ and 60 D's. There was never more than 20 people in the diamond lounge at any time and usually only 8 or 9.

This was our first cruise as pinnacles and we were in the top 3 cruisers on the ship.

That's not how it works.

If a ship is going to change from having a Concierge Lounge to having a Suite Lounge, there is still a Diamond Lounge. The Concierge Lounge just goes away.

For now. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think they would also increase the points required to gain status levels.

Typically, a GS seems to be 2/3 more then a balcony. So maybe a full Suite higher than 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Possibly 6 points for GS.

Current D,D+, Pinnacle members keep status but points to increase status to next level and for new members to reach these status would have to be reassessed.

1 point inside cabin.

2 points window cabin.

3 points balcony cabin.

4 points JS.

5 points GS and above.

This would be a fair way to judge both loyalty and cash spent on cabins.

Does the accessible JS cost more?

It doesn't over here.

No accessible JS do not cost more than a normal JS but passengers confined to a wheelchair, sailing out of Southampton cannot have a GS or above. Thus no way to earn the 5 points. Therefore as there are only 2 accessible JS maybe they should have the same points as GS

No accessible JS do not cost more than a normal JS but passengers confined to a wheelchair, sailing out of Southampton cannot have a GS or above. Thus no way to earn the 5 points. Therefore as there are only 2 accessible JS maybe they should have the same points as GS
Sounds reasonable to me.

Maybe off topic, but I personally am glad they’re changing from CL to SL for suite guests effectively eliminating D+’s from the lounge. On A recent cruise, the CL was totally commandeered and interrupted by a group of about a dozen buddy buddy D+’s nightly. While most suite guests were trying to enjoy a calm evening, all was disrupted by a bunch of Jameson swilling loudmouths cackling the whole period.

I realize this isn’t always the case but pax paying suite fares should be afforded a little more exclusivity. Not trying to be snobbish, Just my opinion. Yours may differ.

Maybe off topic, but I personally am glad they’re changing from CL to SL for suite guests effectively eliminating D+’s from the lounge. On my last cruise on the Vision, the CL was totally commandeered and interrupted by a group of about a dozen buddy buddy D+’s nightly. While most suite guests were trying to enjoy a calm evening, all was disrupted by a bunch of Jameson swilling loudmouths cackling the whole period.

I realize this isn’t always the case but pax paying suite fares should be afforded a little more exclusivity. Not trying to be snobbish, Just my opinion. Yours may differ.

I wouldn't be to happy it might be sooner than you think that a dozen or more buddy buddy pinnacles drinking Jameson, are there to join you in the SL. Royal seems to be making 15 to 20 pinnacles a month fleetwide. LOL

Maybe off topic, but I personally am glad they’re changing from CL to SL for suite guests effectively eliminating D+’s from the lounge. On my last cruise on the Vision, the CL was totally commandeered and interrupted by a group of about a dozen buddy buddy D+’s nightly. While most suite guests were trying to enjoy a calm evening, all was disrupted by a bunch of Jameson swilling loudmouths cackling the whole period.

Have witnessed same types of behavior as a Suite Guest in CL. Worst case was Enchantment and somewhat on Serenade. It was D+ I witnessed as well in the loud Department.

Have witnessed same types of behavior as a Suite Guest in CL. Worst case was Enchantment and somewhat on Serenade. It was D+ I witnessed as well in the loud Department.

There is no place for bad behaviour anywhere.

I have read posts on here of unruly Suite guests and their children in the CL.

Personally I prefer the DL.

You do not think the fact that most high tier members seem not to spend too many dollars onboard is a concern to Royal?

That would be a concern if they think high tier members are squeezing out high paying guests. But I suspect the loyalty program helps them fill the ships. If it ever was to the point that demand was so great that they didn't need brand loyal frequent cruisers, then I guess your point is well taken. I don't think we are there yet! And as the inventory of cabins continues to expand, I don't know if we will ever get there.

That would be a concern if they think high tier members are squeezing out high paying guests. But I suspect the loyalty program helps them fill the ships. If it ever was to the point that demand was so great that they didn't need brand loyal frequent cruisers, then I guess your point is well taken. I don't think we are there yet! And as the inventory of cabins continues to expand, I don't know if we will ever get there.
With all the new ships there are an ever increasing number of cabins to fill so a guaranteed loyalty following is good to have and vital to keep on board.

Royal Caribbean is a business, not Santa Claus, and I do not think anything that Royal Caribbean provides is "free". The cost of loyalty perks is just a small part of the cost of all the cruises one sails on in order to earn them. While C&A points are not fungible like some airline miles are, they do have a real cost to Royal for the complimentary drinks that are provided to people with 80 points or more and for the more expensive meals in Coastal Kitchen that are provided in certain ships for people with 700 points or more.

OF COURSE there is a cost to RCI:rolleyes: duh...

I was pointing out that the Loyalty Perks are free to the passenger, whereas the Suite Perks are paid for (by the higher price of the Suite) by the passenger.

Extremely flawed logic, sorry

OF COURSE there is a cost to RCI:rolleyes: duh...

I was pointing out that the Loyalty Perks are free to the passenger, whereas the Suite Perks are paid for (by the higher price of the Suite) by the passenger.

You have to book and pay for the cruise before you can take advantage of the loyalty perks.

No it doesn't [emoji848]

If it is only 2 JS accessible cabins and they aren't allowed to book GS a little discretion could be allowed.

Several years ago on Brilliance we took Pauline's mam and her mams wheelchair with us in a GS but she didn't need accessibility facilities just Pauline's help.

Try cruising the big ships out of Ft Lauderdale in the summer. This July there were only 5 pinnacles, 18 D+ and 60 D's. There was never more than 20 people in the diamond lounge at any time and usually only 8 or 9.

This was our first cruise as pinnacles and we were in the top 3 cruisers on the ship.

Times change though there is exceptions. Do lot of longer cruises on Radiance Class each yr and almost always open the overflow for DL. Wasn't long ago Diamond's were peak, no such thing as Diamond Plus or Pinnacle. Then at most would have 6-8 of us Diamonds, this on the New ships during peak sailings. Could use the CL then, was first off the ship. And my favorite, meeting for drinks with Capt, Doctor, Chief Eng, Hotel Head and Cruise Director. Was almost a one-on-one gathering then. 30yrs ago very few cruised, too expensive when I started, $3800 for Deck 2 tiny Port Hole cabin. No families, no kids on board. Royal was older crowd, Carnival a younger adult cruise line . So those that did cruise were called the Newlywed's and Nearly Dead. Was at one end, just Married then, now am closer to other end...

Times change though there is exceptions. Do lot of longer cruises on Radiance Class each yr and almost always open the overflow for DL. Wasn't long ago Diamond's were peak, no such thing as Diamond Plus or Pinnacle. Then at most would have 6-8 of us Diamonds, this on the New ships during peak sailings. Could use the CL then, was first off the ship. And my favorite, meeting for drinks with Capt, Doctor, Chief Eng, Hotel Head and Cruise Director. Was almost a one-on-one gathering then. 30yrs ago very few cruised, too expensive when I started, $3800 for Deck 2 tiny Port Hole cabin. No families, no kids on board. Royal was older crowd, Carnival a younger adult cruise line . So those that did cruise were called the Newlywed's and Nearly Dead. Was at one end, just Married then, now am closer to other end...
Only 15 years cruising for us but have seen lots of changes in that time.

If it is only 2 JS accessible cabins and they aren't allowed to book GS a little discretion could be allowed.

Several years ago on Brilliance we took Pauline's mam and her mams wheelchair with us in a GS but she didn't need accessibility facilities just Pauline's help.

That makes no sense whatsoever