Price dropped but travel agent MIA

GAcruiser2

My June cruise is showing for around $200 less than what I paid. I sent my travel agent an email at the beginning of the weekend but no response. I called and left a voicemail yesterday and no response. Normally, I wouldn’t bother to call on a holiday weekend except this sale is over in 10 hours. I called Celebrity to see if I could change it, but they said there’s nothing they can do about it. My travel agent is the only one who can touch the reservation. I’m a bit miffed to say the least. Any suggestions from anyone about what can be done?

My June cruise is showing for around $200 less than what I paid. I sent my travel agent an email at the beginning of the weekend but no response. I called and left a voicemail yesterday and no response. Normally, I wouldn’t bother to call on a holiday weekend except this sale is over in 10 hours. I called Celebrity to see if I could change it, but they said there’s nothing they can do about it. My travel agent is the only one who can touch the reservation. I’m a bit miffed to say the least. Any suggestions from anyone about what can be done?

Don't know what your cancellation policy is on your original reservation, but you could always do a courtesy hold on the new reservation. Hopefully your TA will be back before the sale (and / or the hold) expires. If the TA doesn't return, cancel that reservation (if no fees / penalty) and just go with the new (and transfer to a different TA!).

Make sure the perks are equivalent. Also, if the TA is giving additional perks, those could be affected by a price reduction as well.

Mike