New web site design?

jdk-atlga

The plot thickens.

I'm getting served a different version of the website based on whether I'm on IE/Edge or Chrome. This despite clearing my IE/Edge cache.

My husband just walked in to find me looking at the IE/Edge javascript and suggested I perhaps step away from the computer (or stay in my lane... I'm not a coder). '

I can now see what the issues are with the new site though (via Chrome). None of the preferences I set (and can see) on IE/Edge are present on the Chrome version. I can, however, get past the page I was stuck on above.

What a hot mess.

This is what I found last month when I looked at the javascript (and I am a coder), I wrote some comments about it at the time in this thread. It was cobbled together from bits of this and that framework. What very often happens at some of the web shops I've come across is that the sites get tested only on windows Internet Explorer and not on any other operating system nor other browsers. The javascript frameworks that get used are pretty cruddy at the best of time and often only work properly on one browser, and then only if you have no cookie blocking, ad blocking, tracker blocking or other stuff running.

Try it with firefox, that's another downloadable browser which tends to be about as compatible as anything, if it doesn't work on that, it's not going to work on your computer.

What very often happens at some of the web shops I've come across is that the sites get tested only on windows Internet Explorer and not on any other operating system nor other browsers.

Yes that’s correct. I did the coding for our work website and had to test it in all browsers and mostly had to make fixes for a particular browser. Before I left home, Australia still showed the old website. Now in Europe it shows the new one which by comparison is so user unfriendly.

It seems they’re still working on things - at least for those of us accessing the site from Australia. I’ve only been using the site for a week but it has been an interesting creating and logging into my account NT to manage our booking - it seems there are several systems all interlinked (or at least attempted to be)

At least they warn us about it

59c4f97d4eef347a8d80e7d575f1ebaa.png

Have you tried the Login at the top of the page each time?

I have trouble if I go to Booked Guests from the main page then it seems to go nowhere

Depending on the time of day, and possibly the way I hold my tounge?, sometimes I get in and sometimes not. I’m not fussed at this point - afterall we have 57 days to go before we experience Seabourn

• 2 weeks later...

This new site is pathetic.  Who coded it, an offshore company with no knowledge of the users?  (So common these days to save a few $$, but in the long term costs much more) and you get the expected results, been down that pot holed road before personally, would never travel it again. Where was the user testing? Design review?  Usability study?  I know just a little (he said sarcastically ) about systems design and  UI experiences having spent  almost 40 years in the software industry.  QA - oh, we let the users tell us what does not work... 

Today I searched for cruises in a particular month and get No results found, yet clearly there are cruises in December of 2018, 2019, and Feb 2020.  Hmm, good thing none of us rely on this web site to book cruises or Seabourn would have no revenue.  

I agree the SB website is soooo frustrating.  You used to be able to see itineraries of prospective cruises easily.  Now it's a strange box with an up and down arrow that lands the information in the wrong place in the box.  

Very strange.  After weeks of the new SB website, I logged on yesterday (we are off on our SB cruise in 3 weeks!) to find that the part that annoyed me the most (booking excursions) has reverted back to the old web design.  Perhaps they read my comment on here :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

Just chipping in to say that I'm also still getting two different versions of the site, depending on my location and device. 

Me too - it makes it very confusing for a first time Seabourn cruiser to navigate the site to register and enter preferences when it changes in terms of the interface regularly 

6 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Me too - it makes it very confusing for a first time Seabourn cruiser to navigate the site to register and enter preferences when it changes in terms of the interface regularly 

Totally agree.  My dear friend and her husband are off on their first SB cruise early next year (I think she's fed up of hearing us going on about what a wonderful time we've had!) and she wanted me to show her where her onboard preferences were.  She was on an iPad and I was on a laptop and we were getting different versions!  

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been a while since I last beefed about the Seabourn site but as we are preparing for some upcoming cruises and I had assumed (stupid of me, right?) that past beefs would have resulted in the mavens of Seatlle taking note and doing something about, I thought I would ask...

Has anyone heard back from Seattle that the site will be improved? How so, if so? Or ditched favor the site of earlier this year (my choice)?

Why did I look at the site today? We are changing cabins between cruises and I wanted to check the number of the second cabin. Where would that be? Somewhere easy to find? Nope. I looked at upcoming cruises which gives dates, reservation numbers, my own name and payment schedule. No ships name, cabin number and no start/end itinerary information. Ultimately I found it in guest registration whereas on the old site it was the guest reservation summary sheet.

For whom was this mess of a site designed? Not repeat passengers, obviously. Like I said some weeks ago - Seabourn are you there? - improve the old site if you are adding functionality and information. Otherwise, leave things alone. Once someone decides what’s best for the customer my bet is the old site will return. Challenge resolved.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Had to reset my password this morning 10am Uk time. Now it doesn't even recognise the new password. Website asking for name address and says not booked on any cruise though have confirmation. Preference screen comes up but without options. 

IF they are working on it why can't they put up a sign to say so (as Apple does) ?

If they are not working on it what on earth are they doing?

It's a good job we have a good TA as the website is driving me mad. I go to BOOK and after selecting 2 guests it gives me an error message and will not go any further in the process. It has been doing this for weeks now. I like to look how suites are selling and what is available before we make the decision to book. If people do usually book direct with Seabourn, what on earth are they supposed to do? Who has designed this load of rubbish?!!

Markham,Kolapanda and Margbem, 

Could not agree more. In the past few weeks I have been trying to go with the flow and chalk some of my angst with the new design up to the fact that as I get older change gets harder. But I finally have decided that is a cop out and the site really is designed to look pretty and function poorly. Clearly the designer is a disciple of form over function. On most cruises I looked up I finally figured out how to find suite availabilty but it would only let me look up V-1 suites. Can’t beleive on a half dozen cruises late next year that is all that is left. And yes, Margbem, the TA we share  is wonderful TA but I don’t want to burden them when I am casually browsing. 

Seabourn please read and fix fix this site.#&+%  

Due to an unanticipated potential change in our personal circumstances we've recently discussed taking the Antarctica cruise a couple of years earlier than we had originally planned. I hate using the website to search for a cruise now and as Chairsin points out, trying to find suite availability above V1 is a challenge.  

I've spent the last few days mustering the patience to begin the guest registration process for our upcoming Ovation cruise. Generally I find it easier to deal with myself rather than passing all the info to our TA to do it. 

I'll report back when I've done it but am dreading it. 

1 hour ago, Isklaar said:

I've spent the last few days mustering the patience to begin the guest registration process for our upcoming Ovation cruise. Generally I find it easier to deal with myself rather than passing all the info to our TA to do it. 

I'll report back when I've done it but am dreading it. 

If it's any consolation, I did our guest registration last week (going Monday, can't wait!) and it was effortless.  That bit doesn't seem to have been tampered with.  It's the rest that is clunky!