VIP Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day (RCCL)

pfdaxe358

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, BNBR said:

I have read and seen that they do the stingray encounter stupid cheap, cheaper than the beach day and I think you get the beach day included.  May be worth looking in to. A little trick. 

You are absolutely right!! Stingray encounter is $50 and Beach Day is $77.  Now lunch isn't included, but I bet we can find food for under $27/person. 

11 hours ago, mermaid diver said:

You are absolutely right!! Stingray encounter is $50 and Beach Day is $77.  Now lunch isn't included, but I bet we can find food for under $27/person. 

A better lunch, too.  They have a bar right by the vip/dock area with a food menu. Probably better than the low quality buffet. Just double check that you get island and beach access with the stingray encounter.  I'm pretty sure you do but I'm not certain of it. 

Edited by BNBR

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

A better lunch, too.  They have a bar right by the vip/dock area with a food menu. Probably better than the low quality buffet. Just double check that you get island and beach access with the stingray encounter.  I'm pretty sure you do but I'm not certain of it. 

You do with the sea lion encounter.  I'm sure it's the same with the stingray encounter.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did the VIP last week and it all depends which cruise line you're on. For RCCL, the VIP section is right where you dock at Blue Lagoon and isn't very peaceful and quiet area. Not worth it. The VIP section they advertise in video and pics is on the north side of the island and only for Carnival cruisers. A much better secluded area. It's very misleading and didn't know until we arrived. We ended up leaving the "VIP" section and headed to the North Beach which was almost empty and a wonderful beach right next to Carnivals VIP section.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 10:45 AM, pfdaxe358 said:

We just did the VIP last week and it all depends which cruise line you're on. For RCCL, the VIP section is right where you dock at Blue Lagoon and isn't very peaceful and quiet area. Not worth it. The VIP section they advertise in video and pics is on the north side of the island and only for Carnival cruisers. A much better secluded area. It's very misleading and didn't know until we arrived. We ended up leaving the "VIP" section and headed to the North Beach which was almost empty and a wonderful beach right next to Carnivals VIP section.

Ugh- good to know 😞. That is disappointing!  Did they at least have umbrellas?

• 1 month later...

How far can you actually wander on this island? Do you have to stay in a certain area with any of the excursions or do you just have to stay away from the other VIP sections? Curious about walking around to see different views of the water/other islands, etc..

3 minutes ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

How far can you actually wander on this island? Do you have to stay in a certain area with any of the excursions or do you just have to stay away from the other VIP sections? Curious about walking around to see different views of the water/other islands, etc..

You can wander around quite a bit to different sides of the island. 

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

As of 2 months ago, yes for sure. I doubt you will want to, the lagoon is amazing, but you can go to the ocean side and there is an open beach. 

Thanks! I just love the look of the ocean side from google maps, wanted to make sure I could check out different areas before booking.

• 4 weeks later...

oh, and another thing: I looked up the Stingray excursion, and it's supposed to be 5 hours long on our trip in March. However, it says that it leaves at 10:30 am. The description also says that the beach time and the use of the aqua park and kayaks, etc. is included, and that we can take a choice of two ferries back. However, if it starts at 10:30, there is no way the 1 or 2 pm ferry makes it a 5 hour trip. What do you all think?

We would like to do the VIP excursion via celebrity cruises - any idea which vip beach they are allocated as appears different locations for various cruise liners 

Plus we dont dock until 12:30pm and leave at 7pm so is it worth booking this trip?

• 5 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 7:28 AM, cjc23 said:

We would like to do the VIP excursion via celebrity cruises - any idea which vip beach they are allocated as appears different locations for various cruise liners 

Plus we dont dock until 12:30pm and leave at 7pm so is it worth booking this trip?

I am thinking about doing this as well and have the same port hours on Celebrity. Any word?

• 1 month later...

By far one of the best beach excursions I've purchased.

We were on the Majesty of the Seas.  We were given a choice of the beach off to the right of the ferry dock or farther back in the island.  We choice the first location.  Rented a cabana ($56).  We had servers for anything we wanted.  There were never more than 6 people in the water in our beach area.   Lunch was great.  We took the 1:15 Ferry back.

14 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

We are taking the blue Lagoon excursion through RC. Does anyone know if we have to bring towels from the ship? Thank you 

Yes, you do need to bring all of your own supplies including towels, sunscreen, etc. They provide lunch and a beach chair (first come but plenty). 

Royal always has towels you can get on the dock after exiting the ship. Then just return them at the same place so you don't have to deal with dirty sandy towels. 

• 6 months later...
17 hours ago, Cleous said:

Can u take water and snacks from ship to island save buying them there

They don't check bags or anything.  You can bring whatever you like.  We have brought snacks there.  No big deal.