Claiming cruises you have not been on!

I am sitting here on Allure of the Seas waiting my turn with the loyalty officer. I am listening to the young man talking to her and saying he was on all these different cruises. His name is not on the reservation but he is saying “oh, I was in the room with that person “. I wonder if she will fall for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sitting here on Allure of the Seas waiting my turn with the loyalty officer. I am listening to the young man talking to her and saying he was on all these different cruises. His name is not on the reservation but he is saying “oh, I was in the room with that person “. I wonder if she will fall for it.

Not likely. Pretty sure if RCCL can't document a cruise, the person claiming it will have to. Otherwise, tough luck. Be interesting to know what the Loyalty Officer said to him.

If Royal Caribbean doesn’t have record of it, he will need to show some proof...Seapass card or photo usually do the trick. If they would just take people’s word for it, there would be an awful lot of Pinnacle members

I wouldn’t think the LA would be the deciding official on that issue, Crown and Anchor would make that determination. Since the inception of the Crown and Anchor Society I’m sure that Royal has kept computerized records of the manifests for each sailing. Claiming cruises before then have always required pictures or some other substantive proof that you actually sailed on that cruise.

So the outcome was she emailed I guess headquarters and told the young man they would get back to him. He was nice and all, it just seemed a little suspicious to me. BTW - if you want to change your gift preferences the Loyalty Officer can make the changes. Saves me a phone call.

RCCL keeps meticulous records. I went on the explorer of the seas in 2001 and last month they were able to add it to my crown and anchor. I just had to give them the approximate year and they could find me by name. It wasn't even my reservation. I had gone with my parents

RCCL keeps meticulous records. I went on the explorer of the seas in 2001 and last month they were able to add it to my crown and anchor. I just had to give them the approximate year and they could find me by name. It wasn't even my reservation. I had gone with my parents

This is true. But Royal IT dept has made some missteps. About 5 years ago I looked at the "my cruises" page, and found about 30 points missing. I called about it and the "wonderful" representative from Royal worked out most of the missing cruises except for one 11 nighter they told me I wasn't on. My wife had kept the sea passes for souvenirs. I told the representative that I could send them one of them. She said I would need an onboard picture to prove I was on the cruise. That the seapass wouldn't do. She finally transferred me to a supervisor who just took the folio number, looked it up and gave me the points.

I'm new to this - my first RCCL cruise isn't until next year. I know about Crown & Anchor, but could someone explain what a loyalty officer does?

They handle any Crown & Anchor related issues, like handing out milestone blocks, distributing perks, organizing the repeater's party, etc.

This is true. But Royal IT dept has made some missteps. About 5 years ago I looked at the "my cruises" page, and found about 30 points missing. I called about it and the "wonderful" representative from Royal worked out most of the missing cruises except for one 11 nighter they told me I wasn't on. My wife had kept the sea passes for souvenirs. I told the representative that I could send them one of them. She said I would need an onboard picture to prove I was on the cruise. That the seapass wouldn't do. She finally transferred me to a supervisor who just took the folio number, looked it up and gave me the points.
That is such a weird response! I have a million questions about why a photo of you on a boat would trump the SeaPass card...Would a photo of you standing on the deck at sunset do - and do they have a team of forensic experts ready to analyze the deck rails to determine if they were contemporaneous to your ship and cruise date? Or would it have to be the official photo of you posing on the gangplank when you boarded? What if you hadn't purchased one of those? Do we all have to start buying those now just so there's a record we were there? It's so bizarre.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yes, happen's. They had no records my cruise in 1980's on Sovereign, even when gave them the Reservation #, dates and such. Back then SeaPass cards were thin flexible one's and issued cruise paper ticket booklet's. I save all my cruise papers, cards from all my cruises. Had to send them copies to get credit for that cruise.

That is such a weird response! I have a million questions about why a photo of you on a boat would trump the SeaPass card...Would a photo of you standing on the deck at sunset do - and do they have a team of forensic experts ready to analyze the deck rails to determine if they were contemporaneous to your ship and cruise date? Or would it have to be the official photo of you posing on the gangplank when you boarded? What if you hadn't purchased one of those? Do we all have to start buying those now just so there's a record we were there? It's so bizarre.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

No way am I buying any photos. If I wanted to take a selfie just in case, where would I take it to ensure that it was convincing?

Yes, happen's. They had no records my cruise in 1980's on Sovereign, even when gave them the Reservation #, dates and such. Back then SeaPass cards were thin flexible one's and issued cruise paper ticket booklet's. I save all my cruise papers, cards from all my cruises. Had to send them copies to get credit for that cruise.
I think I've seen you on an episode of Hoarders. [emoji16]

They had no record of my first cruise on the Song of Norway. They asked me for a picture of me on the ship which, luckily, I had of me on the gangplank with a sign that said Welcome! Song of Norway! I emailed it to them and voila, 7 points added to my cruise points. This was about 7 years ago so their requirements might have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/ You have been on Cruise Critic since 9:30 this morning. Is Allure that boring?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/ You have been on Cruise Critic since 9:30 this morning. Is Allure that boring?

How much time have you spent monitoring her?:rolleyes:

Guess what, it's her vacation to do whatever she wants.

Who cares what this guy is doing? No one's business. This reminds me of middle school gossip. Go have some fun instead of here for the past hour.

Pot / kettle:D

They had no record of my first cruise on the Song of Norway. They asked me for a picture of me on the ship which, luckily, I had of me on the gangplank with a sign that said Welcome! Song of Norway! I emailed it to them and voila, 7 points added to my cruise points. This was about 7 years ago so their requirements might have changed.

I was just wondering about this! My husband cruised with his family on the Nordic Prince back in about 1990. Well fast forward to 2008 and we stared cruising. We are now 3 points from platinum and we are thinking about contacting C & A to get his points from that cruise added to bump him up! Maybe this is not possible and we have a 5 night and a 7 night planned in 2019, but I thought it would be cool to be platinum. If that doesn't work, maybe his parents have a picture of him on the Nordic Prince!!