Question about a booking (kids sail free?)

Hello

We are looking at cruises to Cuba and I did a mock booking on the web site.

I chose the number of guests - 3 (2 adults and 1 child). For the child it said "Kids sail free from ages 2-12

What does that mean? Because when i tried to book a suite the charges were applied for all three passengers.

The child must be under 13 years old at time of sailing. There are blackout periods as well.

Kids Sail Free – Guests 12 & Under sail free on a 4-night or longer Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, CaribNE, Coastal, Cuba, Europe and Hawaii sailings

Booking Window: August 30 – September 30, 2018 Sailing Window: September 30, 2018 – May 14, 2019 and September 1, 2019 – December 14, 2019

Offer details: Guests 12 & Under Sail Free. Offer excludes 2018 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 17 – November 23, 2018), Holiday sailings (Sailings between December 18, 2018 – January 1, 2019), President’s day sailings (Sailings between February 15 – 18, 2019), Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 16 – 30, 2019), Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 13 – 22, 2019) and 2019 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 23 – 30, 2019)

Hello

We are looking at cruises to Cuba and I did a mock booking on the web site.

I chose the number of guests - 3 (2 adults and 1 child). For the child it said "Kids sail free from ages 2-12

What does that mean? Because when i tried to book a suite the charges were applied for all three passengers.

Shouldn't have been. When you mock book and it asks how many passengers "2 Adults" and the says kids, is there a purple banner underneath that specifically says "kids sail free"? We just book Bermuda and this saved us a good amount on Anthem.

What sailing is it so maybe I can check and see?

Shouldn't have been. When you mock book and it asks how many passengers "2 Adults" and the says kids, is there a purple banner underneath that specifically says "kids sail free"? We just book Bermuda and this saved us a good amount on Anthem.

What sailing is it so maybe I can check and see?

It excludes summer and holiday sailings.

Thank you for your replies

Yes we got the purple banner "kids sail free" (she will be 7 at the time of sailing). The date IMO was nothing special Jan 10th (I also tried Jan 24th and same), when i go to next step and choose a suite the price is totaled for the three of us. Maybe i need to proceed more to recalculate? Or maybe suites are excluded from that offer? I looked for info on the site but I cannot find.

It excludes summer and holiday sailings.
Yeah it's only on very specific sailings. I had to search and search for the Anthem sailing that offered this and met what we wanted. It's not a blanket kids sail free on every sailing. Boy that would be nice though. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thank you , I was trying to add an image here , but seems like we still need to link them :)

But yes the sailing was a 4 night to Cuba from Miami in January

The January 10th sailing just sold out on the suites but the Jan 24th still has two available. Still I am getting over 5000$ for the three of us :)

Thank you , I was trying to add an image here , but seems like we still need to link them :)

The January 10th sailing just sold out on the suites but the Jan 24th still has two available. Still I am getting over 5000$ for the three of us :)

Wow that is insanely expensive for a 4 day sailing. I would book a regular balcony or even a ocean view. That is big bucks for 4 days.

What are you seeing for prices for the third guest. They still do pay taxes and fees. Nothing is entirely free.

Wow that is insanely expensive for a 4 day sailing. I would book a regular balcony or even a ocean view. That is big bucks for 4 days.

I know right .. it should have been about 3500$ if the kids sail free (Suites are 1630+122 approx port fees)

Anyway I cancelled out of the booking now so I cannot see the break down of the 3rd guest , but the total was around 5300$ which is the 1630+122 x 3

There were no balconies available on either sailing ......we have not sailed Majesty of the Seas but looks like she doesn't have a lot of balconies available.

Also, does anybody know if the name of the second adult can be changed after we make the booking?

My DH might not be able to travel those dates due to work so if he is unable I want to take my mom ... can I change the name of the second adult after all is booked and paid?

... Also, does anybody know if the name of the second adult can be changed after we make the booking?

My DH might not be able to travel those dates due to work so if he is unable I want to take my mom ... can I change the name of the second adult after all is booked and paid?

I believe you can change a name up to 24 hours before the cruise.

I know right .. it should have been about 3500$ if the kids sail free (Suites are 1630+122 approx port fees)

Anyway I cancelled out of the booking now so I cannot see the break down of the 3rd guest , but the total was around 5300$ which is the 1630+122 x 3

There were no balconies available on either sailing ......we have not sailed Majesty of the Seas but looks like she doesn't have a lot of balconies available.

Also, does anybody know if the name of the second adult can be changed after we make the booking?

The child is free on that sailing. Go back in and look at the pricing breakdown. I just did a dummy booking on the TA website and kids are free on the 24th for suites. Their website is misleading. You need to look at the breakdown.

Guest 1. $3404

Guest 2. $1825

Guest 3. $121

Total. $5350

Numbers rounded to nearest $

The child is free on that sailing. Go back in and look at the pricing breakdown. I just did a dummy booking on the TA website and kids are free on the 24th for suites. Their website is misleading. You need to look at the breakdown.

Guest 1. $3404

Guest 2. $1825

Guest 3. $121

Total. $5350

Oh hmm .. Thank you Ken

But why the first guest to much? I thought it was 1630+port fees per person?

Guest 1. $3404

Guest 2. $1825

Guest 3. $121

Total. $5350

RCI strikes again. The pricing is impossible to understand without a PHD in fuzzy math. [emoji23]

I book RCI cruises based on final price and if it's something I can afford. These sales are crazy.

I was just as confused as you. When booking, you choose the cruise and it says (for example) $559 per person....so I assumed that would be $559 for me and $559 for my husband...... and kids free, so would be under $2000 with taxes added. Nope...kept coming out to close to $3000. The original $559 pp means, kids sail free, so if we take the real cost of the 2 adults and divide by 4, we get $559. Totally deceiving!

I was just as confused as you. When booking, you choose the cruise and it says (for example) $559 per person....so I assumed that would be $559 for me and $559 for my husband...... and kids free, so would be under $2000 with taxes added. Nope...kept coming out to close to $3000. The original $559 pp means, kids sail free, so if we take the real cost of the 2 adults and divide by 4, we get $559. Totally deceiving!
No idea what cruise or ship but we booked Anthem for 2 adults and 1 child in a balcony deck 11 for 2,200 and free gratuities for 2. The kid was indeed free except for taxes and port fees.

No idea what cruise or ship but we booked Anthem for 2 adults and 1 child in a balcony deck 11 for 2,200 and free gratuities for 2. The kid was indeed free except for taxes and port fees.

This is possible but rarely ever happens. Consider yourself lucky!

Only way to know for sure what kind of math RCL is using is to follow a cruise price pre and post "kids sail free" offers.

I priced our current booking every time a new deal came up. The kids sail free option (for which I have 2 kids that qualify) frequently came up the EXACT same price as the previous "2nd person 60% off" kind of stuff.

Held out till the price dropped to what "normal" math would indicate the kids were actually free!

We booked on Adventure for a December cruise with 2 adults and 1 child. When the Kids sail free deal came around. We called in and had them reprice the cruise and and saved about $350. That being said the "sales" they constantly have on offer are generally meaningless. Book the cruise you want when the bottom line is affordable enough for you. You can always get them to reprice if things change.