HAL Signature Beverage Package Update

dshroyer

6 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

We had the SBP one time and I know for a fact that on more than one occasion we went over the 15 limit for combined alcohol/non alcohol and were never charged for the alcohol unless that was more than 15.

Exactly.

there have as far as I know NEVER been any guest charged when drinking more than 15 drinks total, when the total alcoholic part was below that number.

once again, it is a combination of incorrect wording by HAL Seattle and not having English as native language onboard by crew, but the spirit of the rule is 15 alcoholic drinks and non-limited non-alcoholic ones.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:25 PM, crystalspin said:

No, not new -- always been available/required for underage in the same cabin as SBP/EBP holders

We were on the Eurodam this past June and our 13yr old grandson (in our cabin) was not required to get the Quench card even though we had SBP thru Explore 4

On 11/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, POA1 said:

There's also the Quench Package, which is unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. On the two new ships you get Coca-Cola Freestyle machines. 

The Terms and Conditions on page 2 of the Beverage Package flyer that appears on the Roger Jet link indicates that Freestyle Cola on the Koningsdam is excluded?  Why would this be and has it been updated for the Quench Package?

2 hours ago, Sea42 said:

We were on the Eurodam this past June and our 13yr old grandson (in our cabin) was not required to get the Quench card even though we had SBP thru Explore 4

I guess that must be the exception that proves the rule, as I have read "forever" on CC that non-alcoholic package is required of those underage and even over 21 when exempted from SBP by a doctor's excuse.

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I guess that must be the exception that proves the rule, as I have read "forever" on CC that non-alcoholic package is required of those underage and even over 21 when exempted from SBP by a doctor's excuse.

We just booked and have the signature beverage package, I commented about having to get the teens the quench packages ( which we all had before and it worked well) the agent said no you don’t, you can get them the Soda package or tell them to drink water from the lido buffet, it’s up to you. ( we will get them the quench though) 

Edited by Jareds_mommytoo

• 11 months later...

Don't know if anyone mentioned the definitive word from HAL which was posted on Reddit.  In summation, non-alcoholic drinks do NOT count toward of the 15 drink/day (non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited with purchase of SBP).  Official response as posted:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oneijoe said:

Don't know if anyone mentioned the definitive word from HAL which was posted on Reddit.  In summation, non-alcoholic drinks do NOT count toward of the 15 drink/day (non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited with purchase of SBP).  Official response as posted:

Not sure of the date of the above message from HAL.   But as of May of 2019, the SBP max drink price is now $11, not $9.   The cost of the SBP, if purchased online before the cruise is $44.95 per day plus 15%, or $51.70 per day.  If you wait to buy it on the first day of your cruise, the onboard price is now $54.95 per day plus 15%, or $63.19 per day..

10 hours ago, Aquahound said:

While I believe the SBP limit does not include non alcoholic beverages, it's tough to consider that email response "definitive" when the numbers they quoted are clearly wrong.  

Because this document is 9 months old, that explains the reason the per-drink allowance and daily cost are not current.   But all other details are correct, including the part about non-alcoholic beverages not included in the daily 15 count.   The document was "definitive" at the time of publication.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, TAD2005 said:

Because this document is 9 months old, that explains the reason the per-drink allowance and daily cost are not current.   But all other details are correct, including the part about non-alcoholic beverages not included in the daily 15 count.   The document was "definitive" at the time of publication.

Yes, just so.  My apologies for not pointing out the post was dated 8 months earlier.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:37 AM, Judyrem said:

What are "house pouring wine cards"?

Hi Judyrem.  They also refer to "signature cocktail cards".  Never heard of either of them, but am guessing that they really meant the "Beverage Cards" which are good for any drinks.

~Nancy

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 3:38 PM, TAD2005 said:

Because this document is 9 months old, that explains the reason the per-drink allowance and daily cost are not current.   

Actually, it doesn't.  My cruise docs from just a couple weeks ago still said $9 even though it's been $11 for quite some time now.    

18 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Actually, it doesn't.  My cruise docs from just a couple weeks ago still said $9 even though it's been $11 for quite some time now.    

The CC member who posted the document admitted it was from 8 months ago, when the max drink prices were $9 for the SBP.    HAL is very lax in updating its documents.  

Email from HAL shipboard services received 10/23/19:

HAL Ship Services (HAL)

4:28 PM (49 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me, HAL
cleardot.gifGood Afternoon,

Please see the below information regarding the Signature Beverage package…it does include unlimited non-alcoholic beverages.

Beverage Packages:

Signature Beverage Package: Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows guests to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas & coffee.

Pre- Cruise Purchase Price: $51.69 per person per day ($44.95 + 15% service charge).

Onboard Purchase Price: $63.19 per person per day ($54.95 + 15% service charge).

Details:

·         Limit 15 drinks per day. Unlimited non-alcoholic drinks.

·         Must be purchased for the full duration of the cruise.

·         Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower menu price.

·         Excludes Mini Bar, In-Room Dining, Chocolate Seduction, & on Half Moon Cay.

·         All guests in stateroom who are 21 years old must purchase the package.

·         Available for purchase on Day1 & 2 of the voyage.

Drinks under the $11 menu price include all pouring brands, and most standard cocktails, beers (bottles and draft), and about 13 varieties of wine by the glass. Call brand cocktails such as Grey Goose martini's and some venue specific cocktails are only covered under the Elite beverage package.

Thank you and kind regards,

SHIP SERVICES

————————

New Address:
450 Third Avenue West, Seattle, WA 98119

hollandamerica.com

http://media.hollandamerica.com/itk/template/graphics/signatures2017/images/hal-300-200.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1