What We Liked and What Needs to Change with Harmony

Hi all, we are just off of Harmony from our 9/1-9/8 sailing. We went to Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth , Jamaica, and Cozumel, Mexico. Just going to give a quick review as most of it is the same as what has been said before.

I'll start off by saying we enjoyed the cruise overall, however, it's going to be a while before we cruise with Royal again.

What we liked:

The Fine Line was great, and interesting.

Grease was a lot of fun and a little PG-13. Fun for everyone though.

Escape room was our favorite.

We had a dining packed for the entirety of the cruise and enjoyed everything we ate. Also ate a few times at at the complimentary places and it was better than Anthem.

Labadee was wonderful. Walk off the ship and head to the beach. Water was clear, little rocky, but everyone had a great time.

Cozumel was our favorite. Short drive to Playa Mia and you couldn't ask for better weather. Water was beautiful, everything was picture perfect! Water slides and a pristine beach.

What we didn't like:

Jamaica, Bamboo Beach Club - avoid this shore excursion. You could not go into the beach. It was nothing but rocks, sharp ones at that. I did cut my foot trying to get in. Even those with water shoes had issues. It's an hour and 15 minute drive from port, not worth it. It was a total waste of the day. It rained the whole day (totally out of their control, but when you can't get into the water, you just sit in chairs soaking wet, there's no cover.)

The beds - this is what did us in. There were 2 mattress toppers on our bed, and it made no different. By our second to last day, I could hardly walk from the back pain. The beds are the reason we won't be cruising with Royal until the do something about this. It's a shame, but what is the point of vacation if you can't sleep at night b/c the beds are so damn hard? I should let you know that the mattress toppers are about as thick as an iphone and provide no cushioning.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll be happy to go more into detail. I just didn't want to bog everyone down with every single thing!

Escape room was our favorite.

!

My wife has done several Escape Rooms, The upcoming one on Symphony, I assume will be similar. Have you done other ones before. I'd love to hear more details if you have time.

I love a hard bed as it is good for my back.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. By the way, you mentioned the few times that you ate in the MDR (?) and it was better than Anthem's. Just off Anthem, and my big problem was the limited menu in that only the 1st 2 items in each category changed each night--to me it was a boring menu with very little flexibility.

Can you elaborate a bit as we will be on Harmony in the near future.

Thanks for your quick review! I agree that the beds have been hard, even with their so-called padding!:mad: That's exactly why I just ordered a Klymit sleeping pad to take on my cruises from now on!;) DH says that he doesn't need one, so he'd better not attempt to steal mine!:evilsmile:

Funny. We actually loved Bamboo Beach Club. It felt like an off the beaten path oasis. Did you do VIP? Constant food and drinks brought our way and it was a beautiful sunny day when we visited. Water shoes are pretty standard item for many beaches so the rocks weren't a bother for us.

I'm finding the bed complaints interesting. I'm a stickler for a decent bed and I have zero negative memories of Harmony's beds. But you aren't the first to complain about it so it's obviously "something." But with all my back issues and what not, I would have noticed a horrible bed. But beds come in all different flavors, so I guess it's just not the type of bed you like?

Glad you had a nice trip overall. It's a fantastic ship.

Just off the Anthem and I agree, the beds are pretty darn hard. I like a firm mattress, but, when I wake up with hip pain from laying on my side, it's just too firm.

I remember the beds being very hard too. Our room steward brought an additional down comforter and put it under the sheets. That help a lot...

My wife has done several Escape Rooms, The upcoming one on Symphony, I assume will be similar. Have you done other ones before. I'd love to hear more details if you have time.

We had never done it before. I had to drag hubby to this one and he ended up loving it! Basically we were "stranded" in a space ship and had to work as a group to get power back on, generators working, and navigation. There were about 10 or so of us. It was a lot of fun, we would definitely do it again!

We had never done it before. I had to drag hubby to this one and he ended up loving it! Basically we were "stranded" in a space ship and had to work as a group to get power back on, generators working, and navigation. There were about 10 or so of us. It was a lot of fun, we would definitely do it again!

We tried to do the Escape Room. We were standing there for the opening sequence and got the dreaded phone call from the nursery. Poor little dude was screaming his head off, tired, and just wanted his parents and to go to bed. So yeah, missed the Escape room. I "made" my parents stay and do the escape room anyways and they LOVED it. It would have been my first escape room, maybe next time.

The beds - this is what did us in. There were 2 mattress toppers on our bed, and it made no different. By our second to last day, I could hardly walk from the back pain. The beds are the reason we won't be cruising with Royal until the do something about this. It's a shame, but what is the point of vacation if you can't sleep at night b/c the beds are so damn hard? I should let you know that the mattress toppers are about as thick as an iphone and provide no cushioning.

If you are on social media, I suggest you comment about this there. They seem to pay a lot more attention there, as they have someone monitoring the page.

We just got off Liberty in an Owner's Suite and I can testify that the bed was beyond hard. The 2 "toppers" are a joke. They are nothing but thin mattress pads and they might as well not even bother. Even after having the attendant add 2 duvets on top of the toppers it was still horrible. The hard bed and the disastrous disembark were the only negatives to an otherwise wonderful cruise. Well, I guess I have to add that the internet connectivity was also disappointing.

If you are on social media, I suggest you comment about this there. They seem to pay a lot more attention there, as they have someone monitoring the page.

This is an issue that has been going on for years. If all mattresses are soft, there would complaints from those that enjoy a firm mattress. I being one who sleeps on my stomach would have a tough time if it was too soft.

Maybe, RCl should identify those cabins with firm, medium and soft mattresses when making reservations.:D