Deals on drinks upgrade

Espliego3511

You may catch a sales pre-cruise, periodically there are sales of up to 20% off shore excursions, beverage packages, upgrades. Internet. Not all items are on sale and the sales don’t include all sailings. We had 5 cruises booked when there was a sale a few months ago- 1 of our 5 bookings had some excursions discounted.

You may get a deal...but think about it before you jump. Remember that you only pay the difference between the classic limit and the price of a more expensive drink. How many more expensive drinks will you have? Also remember that you have to upgrade for the entire rest of the cruise...so you have to drink that many premium priced drinks every day for it to work out.

I have a few martini's at the martini bar (to enjoy some of the vodkas I don't normally get at home) and a few better bourbon drinks (woodfords is about the best they have on board).....but even with that, it's hard to justify the upgrade. I just pay the difference.

You may catch a sales pre-cruise, periodically there are sales of up to 20% off shore excursions, beverage packages, upgrades. Internet. Not all items are on sale and the sales don’t include all sailings. We had 5 cruises booked when there was a sale a few months ago- 1 of our 5 bookings had some excursions discounted.

Thank you

Received an email couple days ago about a 20% off sale this weekend on several things, one was bev package upgrades.

Check your cruise planner - your sailing may be offering a sale now too. According to my cruise planner the sale goes through Monday.

We upgraded our bev package to prem during a similar sale in July. I 'believe' the regular price is $16.52 ($14/day + 18% auto gratuity) but during the last sale we paid about $13.22/day ($11.20/day + $2.01 18% auto gratuity) for our cruise.

You may get a deal...but think about it before you jump. Remember that you only pay the difference between the classic limit and the price of a more expensive drink. How many more expensive drinks will you have? Also remember that you have to upgrade for the entire rest of the cruise...so you have to drink that many premium priced drinks every day for it to work out.

I have a few martini's at the martini bar (to enjoy some of the vodkas I don't normally get at home) and a few better bourbon drinks (woodfords is about the best they have on board).....but even with that, it's hard to justify the upgrade. I just pay the difference.

Bingo.

What is the normal price difference per drink? Woodford upgrade, etc...thanks

Received an email couple days ago about a 20% off sale this weekend on several things, one was bev package upgrades.

Check your cruise planner - your sailing may be offering a sale now too. According to my cruise planner the sale goes through Monday.

We upgraded our bev package to prem during a similar sale in July. I 'believe' the regular price is $16.52 ($14/day + 18% auto gratuity) but during the last sale we paid about $13.22/day ($11.20/day + $2.01 18% auto gratuity) for our cruise.

Many thanks

At the Martini Bar most martinis are $12 and the top price on the classic is $9. I had about 4 martinis with my classic package last cruise. Much less than paying for the upgrade. Also, I found that the Mexican Firing Squad (yes, it's a drink) for $9 tastes almost the same as the El Don Julio at the World Class Bar which is either $12 or $15, don't remember which. And you can get slightly smaller basic martinis at other bars than the Martini Bar for $9.

At the Martini Bar most martinis are $12 and the top price on the classic is $9. I had about 4 martinis with my classic package last cruise. Much less than paying for the upgrade. Also, I found that the Mexican Firing Squad (yes, it's a drink) for $9 tastes almost the same as the El Don Julio at the World Class Bar which is either $12 or $15, don't remember which. And you can get slightly smaller basic martinis at other bars than the Martini Bar for $9.

Thanks...

Booked on Constellation next May and were given drinks package in deal. Has anyone managed to get a deal on premium drinks upgrade or does it generally go for full price. Many thanks

There is a 20% sale now on packages, internet etc. that I found for our March cruise.