Switching cruises. Penalty?

Crusin Karen

i would think it would be the same penalty as cancelling, possibly lose your deposit this far out, over a year.

Id get with my booking agent and see if i could work something out.

there is a $50 fee to change names on a booking if one of the original stays on the booking.

Im unaware of a $50 fee to cancel a ES booking and allow you to book a completely different ship. It should be the stadard fee to cancel unless they will work a deal with you, like you book something a lot more expensive, i dunno

I booked early saver on Sunrise for October, 2019 7 day. I want to switch to Sunrise 14 day May, 2019. I booked directly with CCL. Don't have a TA or a PVP. ???
You just have to pay a $50 fee and if you rebook at the same time they will just transfer your the remaining deposit over to the cruise you want to book.

I've done it several times if I found a better rate on a different ship.

Your deposit will be higher,so you will have to pay the difference at the time you do the switch,so they have to total amount of your deposit for the new cruise.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/~/early-saver-promotion

What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 USDservice fee per person, per change.

Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

You just have to pay a $50 fee and if you rebook at the same time they will just transfer your the remaining deposit over to the cruise you want to book.

I've done it several times if I found a better rate on a different ship.

Your deposit will be higher,so you will have to pay the difference at the time you do the switch,so they have to total amount of your deposit for the new cruise.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/~/early-saver-promotion

What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 USDservice fee per person, per change.

Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

this must be new, yep it says $50 fee, plus future cruise credit from the rest of your deposit, which i assume they can transfer to another booking.

great to know. thanks. great link

Someone else asked me if it looks like you can transfer the booking to another date. I said Im guessing no, but told her I would post the question here, what do you all think after reading the terms?

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=902581

kinda like deja vu, you were actually the very first person to ask that question on the first early saver thread on CC back in 2009. The policy never changed

Okay, thanks everyone. Had a feeling it was $50/pp, just hoped if it was a longer cruise and the same ship maybe it wouldn't apply. So I'd have to pay an extra $100. Something to consider. I believe the deposits are the same for both cruises so I assume that would be taken care of if I switched. Or I could play the lottery, keep my fingers crossed and keep #1 and book #2 also! :cool:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=902581

kinda like deja vu, you were actually the very first person to ask that question on the first early saver thread on CC back in 2009. The policy never changed

lol me?? Ive never cancelled a cruise, so I cant imagine being the first to ask. I am pretty much a last minute booker.

Makes me nervous when people are booking a year in advance, I hate to do it.

But yes i have gotten in before the last 90 days a few times and booked ES but never wanted to cancel.

sorry if i have a fuzzy memory. I thought my cruising days were over and quit keeping up. ..to be honest.

then a friend said ok she would do a cruise so here I am cruising again. I really got bored my last cruise and thought I was done, except maybe a cruise now and again to get pills that help me sleep.

sorrrrrreeee, my bad.

As others have stated, there is a $50 per person charge to change/cancel an ES booking if you are outside the penalty window. Any deposit paid over this amount can be transferred to a new booking. If you are inside the penalty window, the money you lose gets higher the closer you are to your sail date.

i would think it would be the same penalty as cancelling, possibly lose your deposit this far out, over a year.

Id get with my booking agent and see if i could work something out.

there is a $50 fee to change names on a booking if one of the original stays on the booking.

Im unaware of a $50 fee to cancel a ES booking and allow you to book a completely different ship. It should be the stadard fee to cancel unless they will work a deal with you, like you book something a lot more expensive, i dunno

Early saver has a $50 penalty for cancelling and changing cruises.

Pat

I switched from a September 2018 cruise on the Splendor out of Long Beach to a Jan 2019 cruise on the Dream out of Nola earlier this year and expected the $50/fee but they switched me with no penalty and just transferred my deposit to the new sailing. Just call Carnival and ask them. Good Luck!

I switched from a September 2018 cruise on the Splendor out of Long Beach to a Jan 2019 cruise on the Dream out of Nola earlier this year and expected the $50/fee but they switched me with no penalty and just transferred my deposit to the new sailing. Just call Carnival and ask them. Good Luck!

:confused:Was your cruise on Splendor booked under an ES rate? The rules are different depending on what kind of rate you booked initially.