LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

It's been easy for us to cruise with the boys because they are only 2 and 4 so traveling in low season is not an issue. We have found great suite pricing as a result. The 4 year old has been on a 10 day Equinox, Reflection and twice on Harmony.

Our spring break next year is April 20. A GS that week on Symphony is $14k. I'll spend that kind of money on a vacation but not for a cruise so not sure what is going to happen going forward. I've heard that once they start Kindergarten they really start frowning on you taking the kids out of school for vacations.

Andrew, on a separate note I have those two side by side GS for December, do you think it is worth spending an extra $3k total for two side by side CL L1s? The second suite will be used by my mom, FIL and MIL.

Andy,

Just wondered did you started any threads about Zeniths and Michael's Club when you were on cruise of Equinox or Reflection?

It seems Michael's Club has a much much smaller space to accommodate the Suite guests.

Andy,

Just wondered did you started any threads about Zeniths and Michael's Club when you were on cruise of Equinox or Reflection?

It seems Michael's Club has a much much smaller space to accommodate the Suite guests.

Believe it or not never noticed this from Zeniths and have met a lot of them. That crowd on Celebrity is more of an old money/old world crowd and on RCI it is more of the impetuous nouveau riche behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy C - book the L1 only if stairs are not an issue. We are not used to stairs and found the legs didn’t like them either. It might have been different, without a third person in the room, as we left the downstairs for his use.

Thank you. They may be for my MIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew, on a separate note I have those two side by side GS for December, do you think it is worth spending an extra $3k total for two side by side CL L1s? The second suite will be used by my mom, FIL and MIL.

Hearing about the stairs possible being an issue for your mom I’d say stick with the two GS. Both GS and CLS do have tubs for the kids to bath in so that wouldn’t be an issue. Would the tub be an issue for for your parents getting in and out of, as the CLS has a shower downstairs? Also consider, are you comfortable with the boys sleeping downstairs while you are upstairs. Are they adventurous that they might go out into the hall or balcony if you are asleep upstairs. It could happen in the GS but you are much closer, to possibly hear their commotion.

I took my in-laws, maybe 5 years ago, and originally we had a GS for them and and OS on different decks. I then decided to get two CLS side by side. It was worth the move to be on the same deck and next to one another, and we opened the balcony divider. I’d most likely stick with the two GS, with your situation. Now if you were a flow rider and wanted to see the lines I’d strongly suggest neighbouring L2 cabins. I guess how close you want to be near the SL/CK and 2 stewards might make a difference as well. Deck 17 is quieter as well.

Just my thoughts for you to mull over.

Just noticed that. Frank, very lucky son.:D

We are going to return to Hawaii in the future and take Owen with us, and he is excited to go. Probably in a couple years. Just have to figure out when; around school, sports and your home weather. Lisa doesn’t want to go in the summer so it could be tough.

That's what we both tell him, but he keeps hinting that star class is his preferred travel. Since the only one big benefit to wife and I is a larger room than CL, we stick to our sky suites. Only 3 of us in a room and CL is large enough.

We used to take our son out of school for b2b as we fly from here. But wife stopped that this year as he has started middle school. So like you we travel spring break, summer and fall breaks. It is only our business trips in Feb these past 3 years that he has been unable to join us. Though I know he would have been bored after a week on Grandeur and Serenade. We love the longer cruises and doing b2b on those ships and itineraries makes for a nice long cruise.

When you come back to Hawaii and need some help, do not be afraid to hit me up if you have some questions.

Each island has a different flavor and unique attractions.

Enjoy your cruise and tell your son he is so lucky to cruise so much and have such great family support.

Forgot to add that difference between summer temps and winter temps is at most 10 degrees farenheit during the day. Summer months we will be in the upper 80's to mid 90's. Winter months of oct to jan you are looking at low 80's to high 80's. The biggest difference is more showers during the winter months. Though it is not uncommon to get showered on for 5 to 10 minutes then sunny skies afterwards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's been easy for us to cruise with the boys because they are only 2 and 4 so traveling in low season is not an issue. We have found great suite pricing as a result. The 4 year old has been on a 10 day Equinox, Reflection and twice on Harmony.

Our spring break next year is April 20. A GS that week on Symphony is $14k. I'll spend that kind of money on a vacation but not for a cruise so not sure what is going to happen going forward. I've heard that once they start Kindergarten they really start frowning on you taking the kids out of school for vacations.

We were taking our son out for cruises until he started middle school. Did not start cruising until he was in 3rd grade. He would miss about 8 days of school in a year before the 7th grade. Now looking back, it did not harm his school work that much. But he had great teachers that would give him assignments to do. About the 4th grade we got the "he must not miss so much days" speech.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We were a bit disappointed last night with SL/CK.

First, they added many new tables for the CK which reduced the amount of seating in the SL.

Last night the SL/CK was packed. It was loud.

Our issue. We had 630 reservations in the CK. We arrived about 610 and grabbed a drink at the bar. We found 1 seat seat there. I stood behind my lady until another seat opened. At about 615, I let the Maitre D know we were there for our 630 reservation and told him we were at the bar. At 635, I checked back. I didn’t see any open table. He offered us complimentary dining in Wonderland. We don’t particularly care for Wonderland so we declined. I returned to the bar. Same routine at 645. This time Jamie’s was offered. I asked, can he confirm seats were available and he told me he would have to call. There were lots of people around his desk, waiting for a table. I have no clue if they had reservations or not.

At about 650, the Concierge walked by and asked how we were doing. I explained the situation to him. He left, and then returned to seat us.

The place was absolutely packed. It was Formal night.

Good things Royal did. We had plenty of bartenders. I counted at least 12. Everyone was getting drinks. Also with the added tables, there were more waiters. They brought in bartenders and waiters from the other restaurants.

This was the first negative experience we have received in the SL/CK. Two large tables were taken by two groups of P’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had one of those tables in SL at 6:00.

It was very noisy.

We were done in 45 minutes

Sorry your reservation crapped out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We had to wait in the SL this morning for breakfast seating. It was ok as I meet those P’s I mentioned in one of your pictures so had time to talk a bit. We had previously cruised with them on Brilliance. Very nice people from Chicago. They are staying in a Aqua Suite.

How unfortunate for those of you paying for a suite. Why couldn't they just turn Dazzles into a full time pinnacle bar/restaurant on this cruise?
No galley

Chops breakfast still in effect

We ate in lounge instead of CK this morning

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How unfortunate for those of you paying for a suite. Why couldn't they just turn Dazzles into a full time pinnacle bar/restaurant on this cruise?

Dazzles isn't and never has been a restaurant, therefore, no kitchen to prepare food.:rolleyes:

Dazzles/Michael's Club has been open nightly to Pinnacles and Suite guests.

Even with the hundreds of P’s and some issues in the SL/CK, we are managing to have a good time.

I will say the Concierge are keeping an eye out for Non Suite or P Guests in the SL/CK. I’ve seen them ask several people to leave.

It's great circumstances regarding SL/CK issues are not affecting your cruise enjoyment.

It's good the concierge is making sure only people who should be there are there.

Even with the hundreds of P’s and some issues in the SL/CK, we are managing to have a good time.

I will say the Concierge are keeping an eye out for Non Suite or P Guests in the SL/CK. I’ve seen them ask several people to leave.

Glad you are enjoying her. I forgot to ask when we were on board but have you heard anything about any potential re-vamps/refresh of the CK menus? They are getting a tad stale.

Glad you are enjoying her. I forgot to ask when we were on board but have you heard anything about any potential re-vamps/refresh of the CK menus? They are getting a tad stale.

I’m afraid to ask many questions this Cruise. The Q&A lines are all long. Lol

Many of the waiters and bartenders do not normally work in SL/CK so they don’t have much expertise with the current menus. Even with that, the crew is doing their best to keep everyone happy.

Hearing reports of pinnacles throwing wine at others in the theatre last night during the Michael Bolton zzz zzzz snooze fest in the main theatre last night during the President's cruise. Who says they're entitled?
Apparently the Genie had wine thrown on him too.

The miscreants sound like spoiled brats.

I haven't seen any pictures but that makes it even worse IMO.

The Genie was doing her job for her Suite passengers and should not have been subjected to this insolence.

I’m not going to discuss on Johns post anymore. It was one on my pictures cropped and posted on FB. I did not post it. At the guest request, I sent them the photos I had. It was not that guest who posted on FB.

At the Michael Bolton concert. The P’s had the entire upper deck reserved. We were denied entry but worked out better for us. We went down the steps and the entire front row was vacant and unreserved.

We have sat with P’s in SL most every evening and have enjoyed our time together. We have been seeing many others we have cruised with before on other cruises and last year on Freedom.

Clearly not everyone is guilty of entitled behavior but I think it is important to discuss these issues on here so that other cruisers are informed and aware. Some of the behavior impacts the quality of individual vacation experiences. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise but pinnacles in the SL/CK had a negative impact on the service we received. I think anyone paying for a suite should be aware that on certain cruises this can be a real issue.