LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Sitting comfortably at home already! Thanks for following along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jealous on that. Normally we wouldn’t just be taking off. Did you do express walk off or wait for your luggage claim to be called? Was customs set up as US and Non-US?

Thanks Andy for the answers.

Did a bit of research on some old threads as I was positive the PCs did a write in campaign after P was announced - they didn’t like loosing access to the CL once it became SL. I lost CL access just as I made D+ — didn’t even get to enjoy it one time till my first JS.

Copied and pasted from 2015 thread - wish I’d saved the link.

January 21, 2011 two new levels were added to C&A, Emerald and Pinnacle Club. PC is the highest C&A level and those with at least 100 cruise credits were automatically Charter Members as once their credits were multiplied by 7 they had the 700 Points needed to become Pinnacle. At that time there were approximately 168 PC members. and the benefits remained the same as they were when folks were Diamond Plus. This included planning benefits as well as on board benefits.

November 11, 2011 Betsy O'Rourke, 10 months after PC was introduced, sent out an email to all PC Members stating that PC Members would now be issued a Gold Card which meant enjoying the benefits that the Suite Guests do on board.

Did a bit of research on some old threads as I was positive the PCs did a write in campaign after P was announced - they didn’t like loosing access to the CL once it became SL. I lost CL access just as I made D+ — didn’t even get to enjoy it one time till my first JS.

Copied and pasted from 2015 thread - wish I’d saved the link.

January 21, 2011 two new levels were added to C&A, Emerald and Pinnacle Club. PC is the highest C&A level and those with at least 100 cruise credits were automatically Charter Members as once their credits were multiplied by 7 they had the 700 Points needed to become Pinnacle. At that time there were approximately 168 PC members. and the benefits remained the same as they were when folks were Diamond Plus. This included planning benefits as well as on board benefits.

November 11, 2011 Betsy O'Rourke, 10 months after PC was introduced, sent out an email to all PC Members stating that PC Members would now be issued a Gold Card which meant enjoying the benefits that the Suite Guests do on board.

Actually, D+ still have access to CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will ask. My understanding is that it’s a lot. I’ve learned now to avoid the time around the president’s cruise and the really low season because that is when they book cruises. They take advantage of the low prices. Almost every single one of them is not staying in a suite. I’ve spent a lot of time telling senior officers that they should not be allowed in SL/CK if they didn’t pay for a suite. I can’t stress this enough. They are a drain on resources and the attention they demand AND require robs suites guests of their experience and hard earned money.

I agree with this.

Just started reading your thread and I have thoroughly enjoyed the read and the fantastic photos.

So, nothing has changed for your cruise?

Can't reserve CK more than a day at a time. We have reserved for day 3 since we have Jaimie's and Wonderland first two days.

No restrictions in SL.

PC and SL seem to be getting along nicely

Met Pinot Grigio lady. Very nice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry, but the ships I sailed in the last several years or so do not have CLs as they were switched to SLs and or combo SL/Coastal Kitchen.

I had to be in a suite, minimum junior, to use the CL and had extremely poor SL/CK service on Harmony when 140 Pinnacles were on board - someone tried to claim that more than half were in full suites on that cruise. I could tell the difference in P clientele and non-P suite guests. The badge wearer got the service, suite guest without a badge did not, including CK dining reservations being closed out to suite guests.

As posted earlier, if I want a suite experience I won’t book RCI. An easy cruise on a balcony, and hopefully I don’t get bumped back to an inside again, is a cruise I will consider when offered on the Thursday sale. So far my business is going to three other lines as it’s almost a year since my last RCI cruise.

The current policy is good for the Ps - just not fair to full suite paying guests. I have also noticed serveral Ps posting the request for Celebrity reciprocity to Zenith as they don’t want to start at Elite. The grass must be greener.

Jealous on that. Normally we wouldn’t just be taking off. Did you do express walk off or wait for your luggage claim to be called? Was customs set up as US and Non-US?

Thanks Andy for the answers.

We did not do express walk off. Cheker and Mohamed walked us off at 9. I did not notice a non-US line nor did anyone ask us if we were citizens until we handed the agent our beautiful, powerful Navy blue passports with that glorious bald eagle.

Sorry, but the ships I sailed in the last several years or so do not have CLs as they were switched to SLs and or combo SL/Coastal Kitchen.

I had to be in a suite, minimum junior, to use the CL and had extremely poor SL/CK service on Harmony when 140 Pinnacles were on board - someone tried to claim that more than half were in full suites on that cruise. I could tell the difference in P clientele and non-P suite guests. The badge wearer got the service, suite guest without a badge did not, including CK dining reservations being closed out to suite guests.

As posted earlier, if I want a suite experience I won’t book RCI. An easy cruise on a balcony, and hopefully I don’t get bumped back to an inside again, is a cruise I will consider when offered on the Thursday sale. So far my business is going to three other lines as it’s almost a year since my last RCI cruise.

The current policy is good for the Ps - just not fair to full suite paying guests. I have also noticed serveral Ps posting the request for Celebrity reciprocity to Zenith as they don’t want to start at Elite. The grass must be greener.

How did you use the CL sailing in a JS? CL and SL are accessible to anyone in a grand suite or above. CL is still accessible to diamond plus members and above.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We did not do express walk off. Cheker and Mohamed walked us off at 9. I did not notice a non-US line nor did anyone ask us if we were citizens until we handed the agent our beautiful, powerful Navy blue passports with that glorious bald eagle.

Definitely moving to US for the winter when I retire. The beaver is pretty powerful, but the eagle is more so.

I asked about the US and Non-US as it seems as though Allure cruises that stop in Honduras are being treated as this way. We disembarked a month ago on Allure and it was a “ship show” at customs. Took some 2.5 hours to clear. Just looking for a pattern. 2 weeks later on Allure the same situation with the Honduras stop.

Can't reserve CK more than a day at a time. We have reserved for day 3 since we have Jaimie's and Wonderland first two days.

No restrictions in SL.

PC and SL seem to be getting along nicely

Met Pinot Grigio lady. Very nice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So SL is open to all. I guess we will see you next week. Where do the P’s eat dinner if not the CK?

Any thoughts on how that count affected the suite guests. [emoji848] Of course you might be prejudiced.

John,

We have never met but I have enjoyed most of the things you have posted on Cruise Critic.

We were on this Sept. 15 cruise.

Some day we will meet and I will supply you with some truth that may alter your opinion of of this thread.

John,

We have never met but I have enjoyed most of the things you have posted on Cruise Critic.

We were on this Sept. 15 cruise.

Some day we will meet and I will supply you with some truth that may alter your opinion of of this thread.

Ah if only staff could speak their minds...and if you heard what other guests had to say...there lies the truth.