Opinion on Radiance of the Seas?

ethan56

Hi all,

My family and I will be going on a Northbound Alaskan Cruise May 31st on the Radiance in a 1 bedroom Owners Suite. As with any cruise, I am very excited, however reading some reviews have made me nervous.

What is everyone's opinion on the Radiance and, if you have stayed in it, the cabin as well.

Thanks so much for the help!

We sailed on the Radiance of the Seas in May. We were on her for 10 days. Hawaii to Vancouver. Honestly, she's an older ship, but her crew is awesome! We had amazing food and service. Shows were good too. We had an Ocean view cabin. No complaints from us. Enjoy :)

We were on B2B cruises to Australia and New Zealand on Radiance in March and absolutely love the ship. We also sailed on her a few years ago in Alaska. All staff were wonderful.

I love Radiance class ships. Walking through the beautiful ships and being able to see the water from almost everywhere tells me I’m on a cruise. I don’t feel like I’m on a cruise on mega ships.

would be so much better if they had a full service suite lounge and coastal kitchen..still good, views from everywhere

The Concierge Lounge on Radiance has the same features as a Suites Lounge, has a beautiful view, sliding glass doors that go to an outside seating area, and a nice half circle bar (that we enjoy the most).

Specialty restaurants (especially Chops) are very good on Radiance IMHO.

That's a bummer.

One of the P&O regulars said it was not required on b2b on P&O.

You could do 30 B2Bs and still have 30 safety drills to attend. ;p

The only one I have ever been allowed to skip was when I broke my foot on the Brilliance, cabin attendant just had Bucky go down to attend. Was nice to stay with foot propped up during the drill. :D

The Concierge Lounge on Radiance has the same features as a Suites Lounge, has a beautiful view, sliding glass doors that go to an outside seating area, and a nice half circle bar (that we enjoy the most).

Specialty restaurants (especially Chops) are very good on Radiance IMHO.

is it the "same" as on oasis class ships...open 11am-11pm with full service free wine/beer/soda? specialty rest. are not free like CK

Safety drills required at all times regardless if doing a B2B as they are separate cruises. Have been on the Radiance 4 times ( Oct 2008 Hawaii ), last in March through May of 2014 ( NZ, Transpacific & Hawaii ). We were on the Serenade in August of 2017. Favorite lunch area is outside the WJ. Can't comment on the 1 Bdrm Suite but loved the size of their JS's.

is it the "same" as on oasis class ships...open 11am-11pm with full service free wine/beer/soda? specialty rest. are not free like CK

Yes, you are right...if you need 12 hours of beer and wine...then SL it is. ;)

And if you think CK is free....ummmm...no such thing as free lunch...pun intended.

Since this thread is about Radiance, the last time I was on board, I got free drinks in the CL, free drink vouchers around the ship, and three free bottles of wine delivered to my cabin, and BOGO first and second night in specialty restaurants. When I cruised on Radiance, I spent money on a regular balcony cabin to obtain all of that. For what I would have to pay for a Grand Suite to get SL privileges on ships that have a CK and SL...that free is not so much "free" any longer for the price difference. :confused:;)

And yes, my next four cruises on Oasis class are in a Grand Suite. I love CK and the SL...obviously I do know the difference in what I pay for that benefit...it's not free.

Edited by island lady