Apprehension + Water in Sky Suite

English Tim

Tim, I’ll be interested to see how you compare a Sky Suite on Celebrity with the smaller ships like Seabourn and Azamara. For now I’ll leave Celebrity alone. I’ve had too many service issues of late which haven’t been sorted out on the ship or it’s been pointless trying. I won’t say never, but certainly for now. I hope you have a great cruise and that you and Rosy are well.

Phil

Thanks Phil, you too.

We chose this cruise as an experiment on a large ship due to the tremendous deal we got for the suite, which appears to offer great facilities and lots included, such as drinks, Wi-fi, gratuities and obc.

The small dining room appeals as does the private lounge.

We love the smaller ships, so watch this space.

A couple of comments about posts in this thread

Regarding kettles. You are not allowed to bring your own. On cruises out of Southampton, there should be one in your stateroom. Cruises originating from other ports do not have then as standard issue. Some passengers have reported success in asking the steward for one, but don't count on being able to get a kettle as they are not standard issue.

Regarding stocking the minibar as an included item if you have a drinks package or are in a suite. It is a matter of control, as well as a matter of degree. With a package, or in Michael's Club, you can order one drink at a time. If the mini bar was stocked with free beverages (more precisely, with beverages included in your fare) then you could distribute those little bottles to friends and family, or pack them away in your suitcase, wait for the minibar to be re-stocked, and do it all over again. While a few upper end suites do have stocked mini bars, the emphasis is on few. If all of the sky suites got the same, the problem multiplies fifty fold.

A couple of comments about posts in this thread

...Regarding stocking the minibar as an included item if you have a drinks package or are in a suite. It is a matter of control, as well as a matter of degree. With a package, or in Michael's Club, you can order one drink at a time. If the mini bar was stocked with free beverages (more precisely, with beverages included in your fare) then you could distribute those little bottles to friends and family, or pack them away in your suitcase, wait for the minibar to be re-stocked, and do it all over again. While a few upper end suites do have stocked mini bars, the emphasis is on few. If all of the sky suites got the same, the problem multiplies fifty fold.

Whew, it took until comment 28 but my original comments( see #3 & #9) were vindicated.lol, you've now been properly cautioned.

Yup. Canada Dry Diet Tonic has been the only brand I've found them to carry, but ought to be available @ most bars. Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing your experience with diet tonic.

I was told by Celebrity that you do not Carry Diet Tonic.

I will be on a mission to find it next week on the Solstice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Tim, I’ll be interested to see how you compare a Sky Suite on Celebrity with the smaller ships like Seabourn and Azamara. For now I’ll leave Celebrity alone. I’ve had too many service issues of late which haven’t been sorted out on the ship or it’s been pointless trying. I won’t say never, but certainly for now. I hope you have a great cruise and that you and Rosy are well.

Phil

Phil, we’re now back home and although we had a great cruis, we conclude that we prefer the smaller ships, with a more intimate atmosphere.

We hated the constant noise in the public areas and the constant up selling.

1 hour ago, English Tim said:

Phil, we’re now back home and although we had a great cruis, we conclude that we prefer the smaller ships, with a more intimate atmosphere.

We hated the constant noise in the public areas and the constant up selling.

Welcome home Tim. Glad you enjoyed, but I'm with you on the noise thing. There is nowhere on an S-Class ship that is quiet. It's incessant, but seems to be the way Celebrity management are driving things now. I've posted this video before and is a classic example. Quiet morning on a port day if you want to stay onboard?

https://youtu.be/sYPlyISR1kM

Phil