Wow glad i booked when i did

Rjh8842

I am so glad I booked my cruise for next summer when I did. Last black friday I booked symphony of the seas for next summer. Within a month of booking it I got a couple of price drops and ended up upgrading to a boardwalk balcony. Over the last several months I have seen the price raising. I checked it today and with the wow sale my rooms would be 3x as much as what I paid for it. :)

I price-check constantly for our booked cruises, and I've found that if you book 9+ months before the cruise date, the prices are much better (generally speaking) than booking closer to the sail date. I have two cruise I booked in July for next April. They have refundable deposits, so the original price was a little higher, but reasonable. I have yet to be able to switch those to a non-refundable, lower rate. The prices are consistently higher right now. We'll see what happens in the 6 month or less window.

I generally book as soon as schedule is released. You might get a few drops at the begining. But they have all steadily gone up.

One went down after the 90 days til sail. In which case i upgraded at a significant discount.

And i recently booked a cruise with under 60 dats to sail. My advice is book really early, or really late. Those are the best prices. Only disadvantage to late is room avsilability

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Maybe because you rarely check:p Sorry, I couldn't resist:D

Cute!

Yes, I have found quite a few price drops, or obc increases, over the years. But, it's tedious and boring computer work. It's that imaginary carrot dangling in front of my brain. The reinforcement I got lately to keep plugging along was a Princess cruise: free tips, $200 obc, upgrade availability until mid-November, AND a $200+ price drop. Perked me right up to keep looking for price drops!!

OP, that's cool. Happy for you.

For the first time I might start looking for a "last minute" cruise. I'm new to it, but seems as though this a pretty much any time after final payment was due for a given cruise? I'm looking at sometime right after Christmas this year. That 90 day window is coming up quick. I've seen lots of cruisers really ticked off when the cruise price goes way down after final payment was due, when the cruise lines are trying to fill the remaining cabins on the ship. I'll have to search the boards for last minute cruise booking tips/strategies.

Dan