Please help explain how to take advantage of Kids sail free

amyhphoto

I’m looking to book something for summer 2019 and have seen some kids sail free or 50% off second guest sales advertised. It seems to me once I put in all the information the prices for the first 2 passengers are just inflated to make up the difference. Am I missing something? Like if I try to book a cabin for 2 the price is say 1000$ each. If I try to book a cabin for 4 with 2 Kids the price is 2000$ each adult. Has anyone taken actual advantage of Kids sail free successfully? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer your question "has anyone taken advantage of kids sail free?" Yes. We took my kids and their families on Oasis in 2017. It was my retirement cruise and we had 6 adults and 5 kids 12 and under. I splurged on a really good deal for 3 Crown Lofts. Then one day the Kids Sail Free promotion came up. Each adult fare went up about $200 per person, but all 5 kids were free. Additionally, I get insurance through RCCL. Since the kids were free, they were covered under the Insurance Policy for no charge since there was no fare for their cabin, but it gave them medical and all the other items free! Anyway, my NET Savings was just over $2000! So yes, I was able to take a very good advantage of the Kids Sail Free promotion.

Unfortunately there are on certain cabin categories that except 3 and 4 guest and those categories are usually higher in price.

This probably doesn't help the OP. But if you have your kid(s) still in pack-in-plays you can actually book a 2 berth cabins if you call (not available online). This helps out with Kids Sail Free a lot, because they don't raise the prices of the two berth rooms nearly as much.

To the OP's question, I have saved money on a few cruises with KSF. Actually every cruise I've booked with DD has been during KSF and I haven't ever noticed the prices going up on the first two guests.

You can use this link to search for only cruises with the offer: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals/offers/kids-sail-free

The only way to take advantage is to decide which cruise you'd like to take and then follow the prices.

Twice I've been able to book a "true kids sail free" which resulted in substantial savings. Both times I had to follow the pricing for months and disregard some previous "kids sail free" sales becasue of the exact same situation you're encountering.

You also have to be aware of the dates. Just clicking the Kids Sail Free banner will not isolate the search to JUST those sailings.

I’m looking to book something for summer 2019 and have seen some kids sail free or 50% off second guest sales advertised. It seems to me once I put in all the information the prices for the first 2 passengers are just inflated to make up the difference. Am I missing something? Like if I try to book a cabin for 2 the price is say 1000$ each. If I try to book a cabin for 4 with 2 Kids the price is 2000$ each adult. Has anyone taken actual advantage of Kids sail free successfully? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats exactly how all the promos work.

so quit looking at the fancy words. look ONLY at the bottom line pricing. if you see a price you can live with, book it. and don't be afraid to look at different cabin options. 2 connecting Promenade cabins can be cheaper than trying to stuff all 4 of you into one balcony cabin.

also, the cabins that hold 4 are in more demand so the prices on them are usually higher anyway.

Kids Sail Free has been one sale that Royal does that seems to actually be a sale. We usually book with it and have substantial savings. Out of curiosity, I just did a mock booking for February on Adventure, Feb 2nd.

Did one with 2 guests, ocean view balcony and it's $2501.52

I then did one with KSF for 4 guests with 2 kids, and it's $2884.04

The price difference mostly has to do with only spacious ocean view balconies available for 4 guests and a small upcharge for the better room. Otherwise, it looks like it truly is kids sail free.

Sailings from March 15 to Sept 1 are excluded.

Also it only includes sailings up until December 14th 2019..

not true. Allure sailing on March 31 2019 is included.

I got very lucky and on July 4th booked all three of us into an inside cabin for $1,600 total on that cruise. Right now there is only one inside cabin left and even with KSF promotion it's $2,500+.

The pricing definitely does not apply to summer sailings. I admit, sailings this year and next year for us are during school weeks because of the pricing. This timing allowed us to get one of the ultra spacious ocean view rooms for a great price with the kids sail free. This is the room with the bed, pull out sofa, and bunk beds. If you want to take advantage of any of these promotions, you are probably going to have to be flexible enough to go during the school year.

not true. Allure sailing on March 31 2019 is included.

I got very lucky and on July 4th booked all three of us into an inside cabin for $1,600 total on that cruise. Right now there is only one inside cabin left and even with KSF promotion it's $2,500+.

My mistake it should have been May 15.

Additionally, I get insurance through RCCL. Since the kids were free, they were covered under the Insurance Policy for no charge since there was no fare for their cabin, but it gave them medical and all the other items free!
I just looked at our invoice, and my kid was indeed charged for the RCI's Vacation Protection Insurance, even though he is sailing for free under KSF promotion. Sure, it's only $29 for him but it's not free.

Right now they are offering 50% the second guest OR Kids Sail Free. There have been a few rare occasions where they've offered both together but that isn't the current sale. That is why you are seeing the price difference. When you add the kids to the room, you lose the 50% off on the 2nd guest.

Right now they are offering 50% the second guest OR Kids Sail Free. There have been a few rare occasions where they've offered both together but that isn't the current sale. That is why you are seeing the price difference. When you add the kids to the room, you lose the 50% off on the 2nd guest.

No. It is 50% off the second guest and kids sail free.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/septwow/

We have started to only said during kids sail free. You can't beat the price. We usually pay almost half of what we would pay during other times of the year.

Did you click all the way through almost to the point of booking? I noticed that the discount only shows up now after you advance to the final page.

I agree with the above poster make sure you go almost all the way through the booking to get the final price.

If you read the fine print on the SALE it will show you the blackout dates. Example: In 2019 it blacks out the first week of April.

We just booked a few weeks ago and saved about 1200$. I am SO excited to bring my boys on a cruise.

Also the way the price fluctuate is so odd. I did a mock booking for just 2 people today on our cruise and it was 200 dollars more than what we paid for our family of four.

It worked for us. Originally booked with 2nd 50% off and then the kids sale free came up and hubby called and changed it around for the kids sale free and saved us over $700. You only get one of the discounts.

You get both discounts.

Here’s an example.

Allure Dec 2, 2019

Category 3V prices per person include taxes and fees

Adult 1 $1431.85

Adult 2 $769.85

Child 1 $109.85

Child 2. $109.85

Total including taxes. $2421.40

I just looked at our invoice, and my kid was indeed charged for the RCI's Vacation Protection Insurance, even though he is sailing for free under KSF promotion. Sure, it's only $29 for him but it's not free.

It's kids _sail_ free, not kids everything free. You'll also pay for drink packages if you get them, excursions, specialty dining, etc. Anything that's extra on top of the cruise fare, not just insurance.

Taxes, port fees, and gratuities are also not included in the "free" portion of the sale, it's literally just the cruise cost.

You get both discounts.

Here’s an example.

Allure Dec 2, 2019

Category 3V prices per person include taxes and fees

Adult 1 $1431.85

Adult 2 $769.85

Child 1 $109.85

Child 2. $109.85

Total including taxes. $2421.40

Ken, be careful of that Royal math trick. The price break down is accurate, but off an inflated adult#1 price. Try the same dates agagin with only 2 adults, you'll see with 2 adults in an category 2V or 4V... you'll see adult#1 is about $200 cheaper... so in this case Royal moved the starting line. The kids are discounted, but definitely not free.

Ken, be careful of that Royal math trick. The price break down is accurate, but off an inflated adult#1 price. Try the same dates agagin with only 2 adults, you'll see with 2 adults in an category 2V or 4V... you'll see adult#1 is about $200 cheaper... so in this case Royal moved the starting line. The kids are discounted, but definitely not free.

That always happens regardless of whether it’s kids sail free or not.

As there are a lot fewer cabins that hold more than 2 people the base price for guests 1 and 2 on these cabins is always higher.

You cannot compare pricing of different categories. If the kids sail free ended tomorrow and you priced out this same category the pricing for both adults would be the same as it is today and there would also be a charge (beyond taxes and fees) for each child.

To answer your question "has anyone taken advantage of kids sail free?" Yes. We took my kids and their families on Oasis in 2017. It was my retirement cruise and we had 6 adults and 5 kids 12 and under. I splurged on a really good deal for 3 Crown Lofts. Then one day the Kids Sail Free promotion came up. Each adult fare went up about $200 per person, but all 5 kids were free. Additionally, I get insurance through RCCL. Since the kids were free, they were covered under the Insurance Policy for no charge since there was no fare for their cabin, but it gave them medical and all the other items free! Anyway, my NET Savings was just over $2000! So yes, I was able to take a very good advantage of the Kids Sail Free promotion.

Kids...thats for 12 and under right? I would like to take advantage of that but my grandsons are 13 and 14 :(