Why so early morning?

Aunu

Ugh, Im am sooooo not an early riser. WHY do they have the excursions so early in the morning?? 8:30 am for excursions with the ship. Why not an early one for early risers and another one around 10:30?? ;p;p:p

Many (most?) want to see as much as possible and get started soon after the ship docks. That way they can possibly do 2 excursions or do an excursion and Still have time for shopping, exploring the port area, etc.

If there are no ship offered excursions at the times you prefer, check out independent tour operators. We rarely use ship excursions and the independent operators usually offer multiple departure times or you can even arrange a private tour on your schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JT1962

Ugh, Im am sooooo not an early riser. WHY do they have the excursions so early in the morning?? 8:30 am for excursions with the ship. Why not an early one for early risers and another one around 10:30?? ;p;p:p

Perhaps they feel that it is healthier to get up early ,exercise ,take a walk ,eat breakfast and then tour ?

In both St. Thomas and Tortola it is easy enough to do any excursion on your own. Walk off the ship & head for the taxi dispatcher & tell them what you are looking for & you will be on your way. In both places, you may have to make advance arrangements if you want a sailing/ diving/ snorkeling excursion..

If we just want to go to a beach, we do it on our own by taxi later in the day.

Not so for us for things that involve boat (snorkel trips).

Actually, indenpendents all seem to only offer these early as well. :rolleyes:

More late morning or afternoon excursions would be appreciated. (y)

We'll be in St Thomas from 8:00am - 7:00pm and I've booked a Godfrey Tours "Sights & Coral World" tour. I was pleasantly surprised by the timing -> 11:30am - 4:00pm. :D

Godfrey’s offers an earlier and later option on most of their tours. The later tours generally eliminate or cut the time for the shopping and / or beach stop. There is usually not much, if any, difference in the price. It’s a win for everyone - early risers get a longer tour, those that prefer a later start still have Tour options and the Tour Operator gets more business.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Perhaps they feel that it is healthier to get up early ,exercise ,take a walk ,eat breakfast and then tour ?

Yes, perhaps.  Perhaps I'm lazy and i don't want to.  I don't want to rush and do all of the above before 7 am (the time for the tour we're going on in Tortola) 

Aunu: It takes a while to get to the boat and then for the boat to get to Tortola. You have to go through immigration. You have to come back through C&I on the way back to the USVI. You have to get back to your ship in time for sail away. All of this figures into how early you have to get going. If you want to sleep in, stay on St Thomas and limit your travel time.

I personally sleep as little as possible on a cruise.I go to sleep at 2 AM and awaken at 6 AM.I enjoy going to the gym,working out,have a good breakfast and enjoy the day.

I occasionally take a nap during the day to get the required 6 hours of sleep mandatory for good health.