Barcelona

Punam

Strongly agree with staying near the Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas. So much to do and to just sit and watch ‘Bacelona’ wander by sipping expressos. We walked over to the Museo Picasso and it was well worth it. Much of his earlier work and excellent presentations.

Den

Another vote for hotel Lleo just round the corner from Las Ramblas. Lower end of budget compared to other. Check in is strictly 3pm but they had luggage storage and allowed us to use the rooftop pool while waiting. Alternatively Hotel Continental balcony rooms to people watch on Las Rambles (can be noisy at night)
On our recent stay at Hotel Lleo checkin was 2pm and we got a late 12 noon checkout as part of our booking. Breakfast is 7 to 11 am.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

On our recent stay at Hotel Lleo checkin was 2pm and we got a late 12 noon checkout as part of our booking. Breakfast is 7 to 11 am.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

My memory must be faulty saying check- in was 3pm. I do remember that many people arrived back at the official check in time and there was quite a queue. I thought it would have been better to process the paperwork as people arrived at different times earlier in the day, even if they couldn't access their room until the official time. This was the only negative point about the hotel though

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

We had a money belt for all of Europe , that’s not saying big cites in USA don’t have them

Now that you say that, I honestly can’t remember hearing of anyone getting their pocket picked in the US. I know it must happen, but not to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now that you say that, I honestly can’t remember hearing of anyone getting their pocket picked in the US. I know it must happen, but not to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had my pocket picked a long time ago in New Orleans

We like the quirky Hotel Continental, on the Rambla, great people watching from the balcony.

We do, too. Although a lot of the quirkiness has been remodeled. The location is superb and they have free beer, wine and cokes 24/7 as well as food to gnosh on included in price.

We do, too. Although a lot of the quirkiness has been remodeled. The location is superb and they have free beer, wine and cokes 24/7 as well as food to gnosh on included in price.

There's also the sister hotel, Hotel Continental Palacete. It's just a few blocks North of all the Honky Tonk you get on La Rambla and just one block from my favorite Tapas restaurant, Ciudad Condal near Placa de Catalunya.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hotel+Continental+Barcelona,+La+Rambla,+Barcelona,+Spain/Hotel+Continental+Palacete,+Rambla+de+Catalunya,+Barcelona,+Spain/@41.387602,2.1660439,17z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x12a4a2f6b84f6323:0x6bd1ba8e9ba0518c!2m2!1d2.1708139!2d41.3851238!1m5!1m1!1s0x12a4a2f2bf86c6b7:0x42fe5bd2677cccc2!2m2!1d2.1657696!2d41.3896644!3e2

We'd like to spend 2 nights there prior to boarding the ship. Does anyone know of a hotel that's in a good part of the city such that we could walk around the evening we arrive before taking a tour the following day - and is not really far from the port?

The Claris is where we stayed. Very nice, and extremely convenient.

Reporting in from the Hotel Colon. It is a beautiful hotel. Last time we stayed at the Jazz. The rooms here are fancier and the service is a little better, but we keep getting lost around here and can’t seem to get back to the hotel LOL. We wandered around for 30 mins yesterday trying to find it. It was our fault for not taking a more direct path. We were just SURE we’d remember how to get to the hotel since last trip. Today took the cake, we got off the metro and spent 45 more mins walking in circles! We were only 200 meters away. So many alleys, like a maze.

We did manage to walk through the aftermath of a demonstration though.

The amenities here are quite nice, spa products, tooth brushes, shower caps, robes and slippers.

Breakfast included, and glass of cava if booking direct, which we did.

Although we like this hotel, I think we would be more inclined to go back to the Jazz in the future due to a better metro set up with metro being right next to hotel. Here, we have to walk 7-8 mins to get to a metro, which doesn’t seem like a lot, but after a long, long day In the heat it really does matter.

Colon pics :

cf898d6324d559b777c112fe0713d263.jpg

5269b5edf6a8db7a1c7a942931eec6e7.jpg987f0fc91f0c171f8390e620091bc064.jpga8bc10281955b0698c44a176ae6a51f0.jpg8e54581f4d4345576813f49865c42638.jpg

The Claris is where we stayed. Very nice, and extremely convenient.

We have just changed to this hotel so this is good to know :hearteyes::hearteyes:

We have booked one night independently before the cruise and 2 nights afterwards through Celebrity as we already had a hotel booked with them.

• 5 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 8:55 AM, Wine-O said:

Hi - We are looking for a hotel for 4 nights at end of Sept in Barcelona before our cruise. Would you recommend Hotel Continental or Hotel Continental Palacete?  

Thank you

Sue

9 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Hi - We are looking for a hotel for 4 nights at end of Sept in Barcelona before our cruise. Would you recommend Hotel Continental or Hotel Continental Palacete?  

Thank you

Sue

I would definitely go for the Hotel Continental Palacete.

52 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Hi,  could you give reasons why you would pick Palacete?  Thank you!

It's in a nice, quieter area, just a block or so up from Placa de Catalunya.  Also, their free 24-hour buffet is much nicer than that of the Hotel Continental.