2020 cruise

Jan_In_Maine

I am booking a cruise for my family --- 4 cabins --- this will be a 2018 Christmas present for them, .... I need stocking stuffers for them. I thought sunscreen, luggage tags, etc. I already have towel clips, need other ideas. I am very excited about this family cruise!

I am booking a cruise for my family --- 4 cabins --- this will be a 2018 Christmas present for them, .... I need stocking stuffers for them. I thought sunscreen, luggage tags, etc. I already have towel clips, need other ideas. I am very excited about this family cruise!

How about getting custom t-shirts for everyone.

Maybe something like

"<Family name>

Holiday Cruise 2020"

or tote bags or something like that.

Sounds like fun!

GC

Lanyards

Get custom t-shirts made with the date, destination, family name, etc.

Guide book or map

Flip flops

Sun hat

Little travel alarm clocks (I found them cheap at Marden's)

magnetic hooks

packing cubes (hard to put in stockings, but such a great item!)

downy wrinkle release

travel sized toiletries or plastic bottles

bonine

travel sized room spray

power strip (small; Amazon has some nice ones)

Talking with my dh we have decided that this will be a vow renewal cruise (it will be our 47th anniversary) ... to think about it makes me cry ... I have had a wonderful life ... I am now thinking about what I want to say to my kids to have them understand how we feel about each other and how they are so amazing to have been our children.

I have had a lot of ideas to give to the kids ... I will add beach towels, and everything that all have suggested. This will be our 20th cruise, but first with all of the kids ... we have gone with them individually.

Thank you all for the ideas. I love going on cruises, love my husband, and have the most amazing family. Thanks again, Jan

Jan you are so blessed!

In my family we love doing personalized ornaments to remember special events or places we've been. Sometimes we hand make them, sometimes we have something etched or engraved etc. Maybe put a little anchor ornament engraved with the year of your special cruise in their stockings. Some great memories!

Enjoy your extra special cruise with the family!

Talking with my dh we have decided that this will be a vow renewal cruise (it will be our 47th anniversary) ... to think about it makes me cry ... I have had a wonderful life ... I am now thinking about what I want to say to my kids to have them understand how we feel about each other and how they are so amazing to have been our children.

I have had a lot of ideas to give to the kids ... I will add beach towels, and everything that all have suggested. This will be our 20th cruise, but first with all of the kids ... we have gone with them individually.

Thank you all for the ideas. I love going on cruises, love my husband, and have the most amazing family. Thanks again, Jan

How special! I got teary just reading your post and I don't even know you or your kids! I hope you have a wonderful cruise together. I am taking my parents on their first cruise in under two weeks. My older sister and her husband just got back from their first cruise a couple of weeks ago. My older brother and his girlfriend are doing their first cruise next week. I am hoping with so much cruising going on in our family, everyone will get hooked and we can plan a big family trip in a year or two.

I am hoping that they won't be using the sunscreen that you are giving them this year. The potency/protection of sunscreens lessens the older they get. One should always replace sunscreen on a annual basis.

Thank you for mentioning that ... I will not give sunscreen this year. We have been using sunscreen that is safe for coral & reefs - a little more expensive, but my understanding is that it won't hurt marine life. Jan

I also suggest Shout wipes, cheapo beach balls or air mattress (we leave it with others to enjoy when we go back to the ship early) breath mints or gum, glow sticks/necklaces/etc for the glow party, little bottles of bubbles to blow at each sail away (come on now, everybody is happy when they see bubbles!) Post it notes/pen/highlighter. Maybe a small flashlight for those late night trips to the toilet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app