Florida to Bermuda

It's too far to make sense for a one-week cruise. Most folks who head to Bermuda like the fact that ships can dock there overnight for 1-3 nights and that can't happen with the extra distance a ship needs to travel from south Florida.

We cruised there from NY and left on a Sunday, arrived Bermuda at 1pm on Tuesday and stayed until noon Friday. It was one of my favorite cruises because we had lots of time to explore without the pressure of getting back to the ship before it sailed off.

The dock in Bermuda can only hold two ships at one time there. Also, ships leaving from the northeast are closer than ships leaving from ports in Florida. The last thing regarding Bermuda is the fact that their government doesn’t want there country being overrun with too many tourists at a time. They regulate how many visitors can visit at certain times. Bermuda takes tourism very seriously.

I may be dating myself, but when I began cruising, I loved sailing in a smaller ship (Bermuda Star) and dock in St George. It was walking distance to Horseshoe Bay Beach, not as crowded, and easy to take busses to Hamilton.

I may be dating myself, but when I began cruising, I loved sailing in a smaller ship (Bermuda Star) and dock in St George. It was walking distance to Horseshoe Bay Beach, not as crowded, and easy to take busses to Hamilton.
You really walked from St. George to Hourseshoe Bay?????

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Forums mobile app

I ASSUME that should have been Tabacco Bay (which is in St. George and is indeed quite nice if there are not too many people). It is a LONG walk to Horseshoe.