Navigator Cabin under Windjammer

Tante Din

Hi there,

we are thinking about a cruise on Navigator.

We´ve cruised her before and now want to try the virtual balcony.

We need 3 cabins next to each other and the only available are on deck 10.

Did someone got one of these cabins before? ( 1341 to 1355 or 1641 to 1649 )

I know that it can be noisy if they roll these cards, prepare for the meals and so on.

But for me it lookes like these cabins are more in the front where the entrance is, so this maybe should avoid the noise ?

Any advice ?

Thanks, Nadine

We had a cabin under the pool deck next to the buffet on Holland America and heard chairs scrapping all times of the day and night. From people having a late night drink to the early risers enjoying their coffee. I avoid those cabins now.

Looks like you're under the Plaza Bar on the pool deck. Yes, you might have cart noises at times. That said, those cabins are pretty convenient to the stair/elevator foyer....and one easy flight to pool and WJ!

Thank you, that is what I thought.

We are still thinking about taking these or one deck down on 9 but then the cabins are spread out a bit.

Nadine

Thank you, that is what I thought.

We are still thinking about taking these or one deck down on 9 but then the cabins are spread out a bit.

I don't have specific experience with Navigator (sorry) but when we were on Rhapsody earlier this year we were directly under the Windjammer. The worst noise were the carts which seemed to be all hours of the day and night. I was woken up at least once every night to the carts being moved around, however, I was able to get back to sleep and didn't find that it was a major disturbance to our cruise overall. However, if any of you are light sleepers, I'd recommend being more spread out and lower down than having to hear those carts. You cannot imagine what they are doing up there at 2am but you better believe they're finding something to move around at those hours!

JMO...go down to Deck 9. It is only one more flight to the pool and WJ if this your thing. I'd rather be inconvenienced for a minute to go up the extra flight than be kept awake for a conceivably much longer time in the middle of the night due to noise from above. :D Hope your cruise is great!:D

I don't have specific experience with Navigator (sorry) but when we were on Rhapsody earlier this year we were directly under the Windjammer. The worst noise were the carts which seemed to be all hours of the day and night. I was woken up at least once every night to the carts being moved around, however, I was able to get back to sleep and didn't find that it was a major disturbance to our cruise overall. However, if any of you are light sleepers, I'd recommend being more spread out and lower down than having to hear those carts. You cannot imagine what they are doing up there at 2am but you better believe they're finding something to move around at those hours!

We had the same experience on Jewel in a Junior Suite under Windjammer. As with you it wasn't a major disturbance, but it was mind boggling how the seemed to be going up there almost 24/7. Even though it wasn't awful, we would not book a cabin under Windjammer again.