Currently on Enchantment of the Seas

RM1974

I just have to say I am still less than pleased with Royal Carribean this trip. I have been on the Oasis and I have cruised with Carnival before. I always said I would never cruise with Carnival again after being on Royal Carribean Oasis. Well the enchantment of the seas is no better than Carnival. Food was not good, service was horrible, pools were closed most of the time, and we were rudely awakened last night at 2 am by drunks in the hallway. Never again.

Edited by RM1974
Auto correct

I just have to say I am still less than pleased with Royal Carribean this trip. I have been on the Oasis and I have cruised with Carnival before. I always said I would never cruise with Carnival again after being on Royal Carribean Oasis. Well the enchantment of the seas is no better than Carnival. Food was not good, service was horrible, pools were closed most of the time, and we were rudely awakened last night at 2 am by drunks in the hallway. Never again.

Once you go on Royal Caribbeans larger ships it’s tough to go back. Our expectations are skewed. You are correct that Enchantment is similar to Carnivals like sized ships. Best now to stay with RC’s larger ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we did enchantment a few years ago after doing a few carnival trips...i can see where you;d think they're similar to carnival. I don't remember the ship times as much as the ports. we had a blast anyway, even though it was a short cruise..5 day I think. Every cruise is different...sounds like your's just isn't up to your level anymore. Carnival is still pretty great. I think a lot of people just don't want to like them...but they're pretty good. You can't blame them for drunk guests at 2 am though..anyway, I hope things get better, happy cruising!!

I am guessing you are on a 3 night over the weekend cruise.

Thanks for input.

We did a B2B Carnival cruise on one of their older ships. The first part was over the weekend, Friday-Monday and then the second part was Monday to Friday.

The differences between the two cruises was immense. The over the weekend cruise was a "party" cruise, however the mid-week cruise was laid back. We enjoyed both.

For a bit now, we have had a 3 night cruise booked on the Enchantment in the first part of November. In the last couple of hours I had just booked a 4 night cruise in October for the Enchantment. Over the last few years we have done an Oasis, then a BTB on Allure, then a Freedom, and finally a Harmony cruise. Way back when, we did our Honeymoon cruise on Enchantment when it was brand new. Do I expect our upcoming cruises on Enchantment to totally match the Oasis or even the Freedom class experience.

However I a looking forward to actually seeing the ocean from the Schooner lounge and having access to the Royal Viking lounge

Sorry you are not having a good time. Just got off the Enchantment on the Mon-Fri run, and it was relaxing. Yes the entertainment left a lot to be desired, but I guess I was not really there for anything other than relaxation.

Totally disagree. Food is good. Service is excellent. Pools are closed at night. And yes I'm currently on the Enchantment. Enjoy your future cruises.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Totally disagree. Food is good. Service is excellent. Pools are closed at night. And yes I'm currently on the Enchantment. Enjoy your future cruises.

hey fellow retLEO, we just got off today also. We thought the food was pretty good. Last night we went to Quest and the late adult comic. This was my FIRST 3 nt cruise. Good to get away. 👍🏼🏝

Kevin

I agree with Retired Leo. We enjoy our cruises on Enchantment. I never understand the comments about not being able to sail a smaller ship after being on a larger ship. They all have a different feel and have different offerings. We enjoy all the different ships.

M