Buffet

robindina

Is there an omelette bar in the buffet on the valor? The hubby and I only go to the buffet for breakfast so just curious what is offered.

Is there a reason you don’t eat breakfast/brunch in the MDR? It’s not like the food is way better there, but you can order omeletes, which are freshly cooked. Plus it’s nice to sit down and be served by staff that always do a great job. As previously mentioned, the powdered scrambled eggs at the buffet leave a lot to be desired.

Sailed the Splendor a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the buffet scrambled eggs. More like ‘real’ eggs, less like the ‘powdered’ stuff.

Me too, much better on the Miracle back in May than what was on the Ecstasy last year.

Is there a reason you don’t eat breakfast/brunch in the MDR? It’s not like the food is way better there, but you can order omeletes, which are freshly cooked. Plus it’s nice to sit down and be served by staff that always do a great job. As previously mentioned, the powdered scrambled eggs at the buffet leave a lot to be desired.

The hubby likes the buffet for breakfast... we avoid it the rest of the time.

for us, we love the Sea Day Brunch, but on port days the MDR closes at 9 and we never make it in time. Unfortunately they do not do the MDR lunch anymore, which we loved.

for us, we love the Sea Day Brunch, but on port days the MDR closes at 9 and we never make it in time. Unfortunately they do not do the MDR lunch anymore, which we loved.

Yes they do. It usually only happens on 9 day and longer cruises. However, my 8 day Alaska cruise had one on Tracy Arm day.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091/~/dining-room-open-seating-–-breakfast-%2F-brunch-%2F-lunch

I like the idea of a MDR lunch, but my one experience with it was disappointing.

The eggs are liquid. We learned this in the Behind the Scenes tour. I agree, the real eggs at the omelette station are much better. I always ask for 3 eggs scrambled soft, light on the grease.

It looks to me like the liquid eggs at the omelet station are the same ones that they make the scrambled eggs for the buffet. You could ask for an omelet made with cracked eggs but I've never seen anyone do it.

It almost looks like they bake the buffet ones because it's always in big clumps. Sometimes it's runny yet other times, it's dry. Sister in law calls it "Yellow cottage cheese".

The eggs are liquid. We learned this in the Behind the Scenes tour. I agree, the real eggs at the omelette station are much better. I always ask for 3 eggs scrambled soft, light on the grease.

So glad to hear that. I haven't gotten scrambled eggs on cruises after the first cruise as they were too wet and I didn't like them. Thank you giving that info. Going on another cruise in 27 days and will definitely try that station.

Sailed the Splendor a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the buffet scrambled eggs. More like ‘real’ eggs, less like the ‘powdered’ stuff.

I agree...we were on Legend in August, and the buffet eggs were very good. In our last 3 or 4 (mostly on the Breeze) they were absolutely awful!!

So not sure if they have changed, but the Legend and very good eggs on the buffet.