Live from Allure

rwright261

Funny. I had the prime rib tonight, but med rare and it was outstanding. Maybe trying to cook it up doesn't lead to a great result? That soup sure was good.

I couldn’t eat my meat med rare but perhaps that is why? Like you say perhaps it just doesn’t cook well? Although the piece I had was quite fatty too. I did like the potato croquettes though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t eat my meat med rare but perhaps that is why? Like you say perhaps it just doesn’t cook well? Although the piece I had was quite fatty too. I did like the potato croquettes though!

It was fatty, but med rare it just separates away from the fat. Those potatoes were pretty good, lol. Enjoy Nassau!

Thanks for posting these last 2 weeks. You have certainly helped me get through these last few days. Keep it coming. My DH has already sent a text today saying Are you sure we can't leave til Saturday.

Hope you can live without for a few days as CC is shutting down tomorrow morning.

Princess ships have dinner and lunch menus posted in a "billboard" right outside the dining rooms. Doesn't the Allure?

Yes as it’s already been said you can get the menu (for breakfast, lunch and dinner) on the app and for dinner outside of the MDR.

“Hope you can live without for a few days as CC is shutting down tomorrow morning.”

Biker, I just read up on it in the sticky. I don’t usually pay attention to them so thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So today we were in Nassau in the Bahamas.

We were docking at around 7.30am.

We headed off to Park Cafe for breakfast, I had every intention of photographing my breakfast, but I forgot.. sorry.

We both had an English Muffin, which was quite enjoyable.

Today we were on the Seahorse sail and snorkel trip.

It took around 45 minutes for our to sail to our location. The crew gave a demo on how to use the snorkel and handed out fins and life jackets.

The sea was rough.. it was very windy and the ship was bobbing along real bad.

Quite a few people didn’t even get in the water, however, some did so we thought we would give it a go.

It was a mistake, the current took us quite far out from the ship. When I had my head in the water it was great and actually there were lots of fish, many more than when we did our snuba trip last week. However, my goggles steamed up so I took them off to clear them and large waves started going over my head with me swallowing large amounts of water. I started panicking and my husband was trying to pull me back towards to boat but in doing so he was pulling me down! He took my goggles and I managed to grab hold of the rope the life bouy was attached to and pulled myself back to the boat.

We waited at the steps for a lady with two kids coming down and they were only in a matter of minutes when the mom and kids started to panic too. We helped them up the stairs and then quite a few people followed afterwards saying it was too rough.

The people who stayed out said they saw stingray and even a turtle so it’s a shame it was too rough for us to stay out.

It didn’t matter though we were happy to sit on the catamaran in the sunshine.

I got chatting to a lovely lady who was on the Carnival conquest, we covered many topics including the difference between the two cruise lines, she couldn’t believe we had an ice skating rink, snow, Disney, holidays, the fact we don’t have thanksgiving in the UK, Christmas.

I showed her some of my snow photos from last year which she loved...

36daa3200ee994657ca932cc00dd630e.jpg

Fruit and rum punch were handed out on the way back as they played music too.

When we docked we had a wonder around the market and managed to pick up two licence plates (one from a taxi and one from a motorcycle) and also a magnet.

After almost two weeks of cruise food I fancied something ‘dirty’ as we would call it, so we headed to McDonalds for lunch. It was busy and we waited a while for our food. For a McChicken Sandwich Jr, Bacon burger and 6 chicken nuggets it came to just under $18. I have to saw we did enjoy it!

We headed back to the ship and I tried to get pineapple Fanta after trying it and loving it yesterday but they don’t have it in the coke freestyle machines. I witnessed a lady trying to get soda in a normal cup, when I told her it wouldn’t work she bit my head off saying she had the soda package but left her cup upstairs. I told her the machine only worked with the cup and to go to the bar... not sure if she did have the package or not?

We’re now sailing, we have a day at sea tomorrow and then we’re meant to be in Cozumel on Wednesday... not sure yet if there will be an itinerary changes.. I’ve checked the website and nothing and the captain hasn’t made any announcements saying so.

It’s formal night tonight so I’m off to get ready now. Ill take some photos of the menus and food tonight.

Just read cruise critic may be down for a while, so I’ll make notes on my phone to paste when it’s back up.

“Oh I didn’t hear about this?

How long will it be down for? “

FYI

The app will no longer be working as of tomorrow. They are only going to have a mobile version. There’s a sticky or notice at the top of the Royal Caribbean discussions.

Looks like CC will be down for a few days so we will miss your daily live updates! Keep them coming! ;-)

We're wondering if there's much variance in the daily activities with the Cruise Compass and the teen/kids program for your 2nd week besides the obvious schedule and port changes - please let us know! Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 6:08 AM, rwright261 said:

As Silentbob said if you’re in the a la carte section you can go across to the buffet, but as we chose the buffet queue we were seated and weren’t given menus.

For a quiet relaxing breakfast, I’d recommend the MDR (and just hope there’s no character breakfast) or solarium if you’re wanting something substantial. Park cafe will also be quiet but there’s limited choice due to its size. Don’t forget also that Johnny Rockets is free at breakfast time, we haven’t tried it yet but the menu looks good (omelette, sausage, bacon etc).

On sea days the MDR is open for lunch but only for a limited time, the menu used to be a lot bigger than it is now but you’ll get a peaceful lunch there. We ate in Park Cafe yesterday, my husband had a freshly made salad, there was lots of choice, chicken, tuna, ham. I had some soup (beef and bean) and a beef cob. It was nice and quiet but we were there quite early (just after 11.30)..

As we had an early lunch I popped into the Solarium around 2pm and also had some mashed potatoe and chicken casserole which was very tasty.

The speciality restaurants are also open at lunch time, but the options I have mentioned above are free.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for this information...... it will be very helpful for this first timer on Royal