How do you get your cruise director to announce your group at the welcome aboard show

Luvcruisin76

Most of the groups I have sailed with didn't need an announcement . They're usually the loudest on Lido ,wearing the same colored T Shirts with some kind of silly logo on them. Half drunk and looking for a friend to dump their silly jokes on ;p

Remember your audience. ;)[/quote

True thank you for that reminder! 😊

Sorry but this is a place to give opinions and sorry you do not like the opinions of others. Didnt really think people here were being rude.

How would you feel sitting at welcome aboard show and having the CD drone on and on introducing 50 or so groups. Gets old real quick. I hate being a captive audience. That is why suggesting asking them to put it in the fun times.

Sorry but this is a place to give opinions and sorry you do not like the opinions of others. Didnt really think people here were being rude.

How would you feel sitting at welcome aboard show and having the CD drone on and on introducing 50 or so groups. Gets old real quick. I hate being a captive audience. That is why suggesting asking them to put it in the fun times.

Here's what they can do - when the CD asks what country people are from, shout out something ridiculous like "Turkmenistan" and then hoot to your heart's content.

If it's that important.

We have a small group boarding the Triumph on Thursday and would love to have the cruise director to announce our group, how do I make that happen?

Why is your group more important than the other groups on the cruise? I would go crazy if I had to listen to a CD announce the hundreds of small groups on the ship. Also, not sure how that will make the cruise more fun for your group. If you want attention, which is what it sounds like, you should have ordered matching t-shirts for everyone in your group.

On our last 2 sailings we had over 600 people in our social media roll call and we just sent the CD a Facebook message and he gave a shout-out to us. Maybe because we were larger groups, who knows.

I'd be fine with them recognizing groups of 500 or more.

This is making me so sad. I come to cruise critic for fun. The OP had a legitimate question. If you don't know the answer, move on to the next thread.

Sorry but most of us come here for information and help others. OP wanted to do something that the rest of us think is not in the best interest of all of the passengers. Are we supposed to sit back and not give our opinion?

I guess this might be like hearing "happy Birthday" sung for the 15th time in the MDR? Those involved will appreciate it and the rest of us either ignore it or think enough already?

The two situations are different. In the MDR, though you may overhear another table's celebration, your meal is not delayed or otherwise impacted.

In the show ( which needs to fit within a scheduled time frame) announcements take valuable time away from other show content that is of interest to the audience in general

Edited by simplelife

Were any of those comments rude? (Rude - "Lacking refinement, uncouth, offensive, vulgar") No, none were. Did they give their opinion? (Opinion - "A view, judgement or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter"). Yes, that's what they did.

I joined Cruise Critic eighteen years ago. Through those years, I have seen many different requests for opinions that ranged from "My daughter plays the Kazoo and I would like to have her on stage during one of the performances" to "I'd like to give my cabin "stewart" a ten foot long model of the ship made out of popcicle sticks". (OK, I stretched the truth on those two). People gave their opinions of what they thought. In many cases, the OPs weren't too happy with the answers but as the saying goes, "If you don't want to know the truth, don't ask the question".

Go on a cruise to have fun, explore new things, enjoy the group you are with, not to be recognized.

Were any of those comments rude? (Rude - "Lacking refinement, uncouth, offensive, vulgar") No, none were. Did they give their opinion? (Opinion - "A view, judgement or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter"). Yes, that's what they did.

Obviously they were rude. The OP didn't get the answer they wanted, so every person who thought differently from them was being rude.

(Rude - "Lacking refinement, uncouth, offensive, vulgar") .

Obviously they were rude. The OP didn't get the answer they wanted, so every person who thought differently from them was being rude.

Really? None of those postings were lacking in refinement, uncouth, offensive or vulgar. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it rude.

At ball games they have groups on the screens. Maybe they can start doing this for groups on the Lido Screen? Maybe charge for it?

(y)This sounds like a nice option that would satisfy those wanting recognition while not interfering with everyone else.

Not sure about charging for it - although a $5 donation per group to St. Jude might be a good idea.

On Disney, when you board the ship, your name is announced over the loudspeakers while employees clap and cheer for you on both sides as you walk into the atrium. And they do this for every family/group. Talk about teaching kids at a very young age to be part of the “look at me” generation. [emoji6]

We had some mixed emotions. When we sailed on the Disney Fantasy last November and they did this, my thoughts were “this is cool / this is embarrassing / kill me now / I want to cry / I could get used to the attention / no I can’t / glad that’s over! “. [emoji23]

But based on some frequent Disney cruisers that we’ve spoken to, it’s a popular thing. They consider that welcome as one of the highlights of their cruise and something they look forward to every time they sail on Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty sad if that is a highlight.