New top tier reciprocity Between Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity change

iSailor

Michael Barley is now on the PRESIDENT'S CRUISE on HARMONY OF THE SEA of RCCL.

There are 229 PINNACLES and more than 550 DIAMOND+ on that sailing.

During one of the meeting he told them he would like to see top tiers of RCI enjoy the same perks on sailings on Celebrity.

They already do? On our last celebrity during the platinum elite cocktail hour the room was filled to capacity. Spoke to several couples who said it was their first ever celebrity cruise and they booked it because of the reciprocity benefits. Celebrity is diluting their brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They already do? On our last celebrity during the platinum elite cocktail hour the room was filled to capacity. Spoke to several couples who said it was their first ever celebrity cruise and they booked it because of the reciprocity benefits. Celebrity is diluting their brand.

Only match to Diamond-Elite. No match beyond these levels. I would not like to see a match to the higher levels since that might cause overcrowding situations in venues like Michael's Club. I would also be concerned with a reduction of benefits if the cost became too high to Celebrity. Just imagine what would happen if just 100 Pinnacles were on a Celebrity cruise and had Zenith benefits.The most Zeniths that I ever saw on a cruise was 28 and that appears to be the record!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that he means Diamond Plus on Royal would be Elite Plus on Celebrity and Pinnacles would be Zeniths. Now, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles become Elite on Celebrity.

If they do that, it would be nice if Celebrity would enhance the Elite Plus perks. Both have good perks but it would be nice if they were combined.

Only match to Diamond-Elite. No match beyond these levels. I would not like to see a match to the higher levels since that might cause overcrowding situations in venues like Michael's Club. I would also be concerned with a reduction of benefits if the cost became too high to Celebrity.

Some of that is already happening, with the 3 drinks per day instead of the open lounge transition. Which some people prefer, but for sure is cheaper.

Some of that is already happening, with the 3 drinks per day instead of the open lounge transition. Which some people prefer, but for sure is cheaper.

Not sure that I agree. We used to go to the Elite Lounge - but never do anymore. On our last cruise, we had the vouchers and were able to use them for drinks in the MDR. Those are drinks that otherwise would have gone "unused". I'm sure there are others in similar situations.

Even if they limit people to 3 drinks in the lounge (pp) wonder if that will really have a big impact on number of drinks served. Perhaps. Perhaps not. I don't have the numbers to really judge.

Mike

IMHO if they recognized equivalent levels all the way to Zenith & Pinnacles those that sail only/primarily Celebrity lose. There are far more Diamond Plus and Pinnacles than there are Elite Plus and Zenith and with Royal having 25 + ships compared to the much smaller X fleet that imbalance will continue to grow for the long term.

We prefer the X Captain's Club perks to those of Crown & Anchor. We rarely sail Royal any longer but our latest cruise 10 months ago the Diamond Lounge was jammed, the breakfast was the same.

I hate to think of crowding and cost to X if the reciprocity was expanded beyond the current Diamond/Elite levels

IMHO if they recognized equivalent levels all the way to Zenith & Pinnacles those that sail only/primarily Celebrity lose. There are far more Diamond Plus and Pinnacles than there are Elite Plus and Zenith and with Royal having 25 + ships compared to the much smaller X fleet that imbalance will continue to grow for the long term.

We prefer the X Captain's Club perks to those of Crown & Anchor. We rarely sail Royal any longer but our latest cruise 10 months ago the Diamond Lounge was jammed, the breakfast was the same.

I hate to think of crowding and cost to X if the reciprocity was expanded beyond the current Diamond/Elite levels

It is my understanding from some sources that are in a position to know that Royal Caribbean wanted to match all levels when the Celebrity program started and that it was Celebrity that rejected the proposal due to the large number of high level Royal Caribbean cruisers.

Very bad move for Celebrity cruisers. X will be swamped..

Already overloaded with Diamonds who get reciprocal to Elite...and with Celebrity drink packages and amazing ships, it'll just keep growing. Sometimes Diamonds get extra special attention on board in hopes they'll switch over to X permanently.

We hardly ever go back to Royal C now that the mega ships are mostly what they offer,,

I am opposed to this even though we were granted Elite status based on our RCI Diamond status. The reason I am opposed is that it is much harder (and more expensive) to reach levels on Celebrity given that points are based on cabin type where as on RCI someone sailing in an inside cabin receives the same point per night as someone booking a balcony cabin. Also, with RCI, prior to the points conversion, points were accumulated based on number of sailings so there are a large number of Diamond and D+ members who sailed the 3/4 day get-away cruises in interior staterooms.

One of the reasons we now prefer Celebrity is the lack of status bragging and the apparent sense of entitlement for being "loyal." I hope this doesn't read differently than I mean. I am appreciative of the Elite reciprocity although we haven't availed ourselves of most of the benefits.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I made this chart right after the new program started. On Royal a passenger can reach Diamond(=Elite) after 12 7 night cruises in an inside cabin. On Celebrity 21 7 night cruises are required..... I think....

enhance

I made this chart right after the new program started. On Royal a passenger can reach Diamond(=Elite) after 12 7 night cruises in an inside cabin. On Celebrity 21 7 night cruises are required..... I think....

enhance

You are correct. Celebrity gives 2pts per night for inside, so 300 pts divided by 2 = 150 nts divided by 7 nts = 21 cruises with 3 pts still needed to meet the 300 pts. It takes 14 seven night cruises with 6 pts still needed if one sails in a veranda (3 pts per night).

Royal gives 1pt per night, so 80pts divided by 7nts = 11 cruises with 3 pts still needed to meet the 80 pts.

We just completed a cruise on RCCL and there were 700+ Diamond and above members. And there more than twice the number of Pinnacles onboard than the number of Zeniths we've ever experienced onboard Celebrity.

If the reciprocity changes, Celebrity will definitely need a larger venue than Michaels.

We just completed a cruise on RCCL and there were 700+ Diamond and above members. And there more than twice the number of Pinnacles onboard than the number of Zeniths we've ever experienced onboard Celebrity.

If the reciprocity changes, Celebrity will definitely need a larger venue than Michaels.

Heck, they may have to drop the prices for Suites as the Suite guests will be outnumbered by the Pinnacles & Zeniths in Michaels and won’t find a seat.