Rockin’ and Rollin’ on Oasis?

I have thought that the bigger the ship the less you could feel of the ship’s movement. Comments I’ve read on other threads make me wonder if this is correct. Can someone been on an Oasis class ship explain how much, if any, motion is felt?

Personally, I enjoy being rocked to sleep at night. I am lucky enough to have no seasickness issues.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all answers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my 3 Oasis class cruises, I rarely feel the motion of the sea, but even this class isn't immune to the elements, its just less than other smaller ships, and like other ships where you are on the ship matters. I remember my first ever trip on Allure, we stayed on the ship in Nassau and I was on the pool deck and intended to get up and watch us leave port. I realized, we should have left by now. I got up, walked to the edge and saw we were 4 miles from port! My time on Oasis the Captain said he was expecting 15ft seas and we may be late getting into St Thomas. I barely felt any rocking in our deck 12 cabin.

I have thought that the bigger the ship the less you could feel of the ship’s movement. Comments I’ve read on other threads make me wonder if this is correct. Can someone been on an Oasis class ship explain how much, if any, motion is felt?

Personally, I enjoy being rocked to sleep at night. I am lucky enough to have no seasickness issues.

One cruise we felt moderate motion, another hardly at all. Motion depends on many conditions that change all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we were on Oasis, there was no sensation of any movement at all, unless you looked at the ocean.

I've been on the Oasis twice so far and going back next week, the Allure and the Harmony and NEVER felt any motion and have been in a couple of storms...honestly, it be nice to feel a little motion once in a blue moon to realize I am at sea lol.

We were on last week and we had some rockin, heard a stabilizer is broke. It was no big deal, sometimes when there were white caps people were walking a little side ways. Like you, I enjoy a little rockin at night. Friends on there this week said they are experiencing the same thing. I don't think its a big deal and didn't hear of anyone getting sick.

We were on the Symphony and felt no movement. I used to sail on sailing ships, so maybe I'm a bit less sensitive to it.

When we were eating in central park I genuinely forgot we were on a ship several times and came to the startling realization that we were in the middle of the ocean.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Can someone been on an Oasis class ship explain how much, if any, motion is felt?

Depends entirely on the sea state. One cruise on Oasis, we had a hard time telling the ship was moving unless we were looking out at the ocean. Another, the ship was moving enough that the solarium pool was developing large swells (which was fun!). Usually it's somewhere in between - there's a very gentle rocking but nothing you'd really notice a lot.

You don't feel the motion as much as on smaller ships, but the ocean is really, really powerful. Nothing man-made can guarantee total stability when it's floating on the sea.

Been on Oasis and Harmony recently don’t feel any motion!

But living near Port Canaveral lately this year our seas have been rougher than usual.

We constantly get marine warnings for boaters (remember it’s hurricane season and rough surf can generate even if hurricane is many miles away)

Was @ beach last night lots of wind and chop!

We were on last week and we had some rockin, heard a stabilizer is broke. It was no big deal, sometimes when there were white caps people were walking a little side ways. Like you, I enjoy a little rockin at night. Friends on there this week said they are experiencing the same thing. I don't think its a big deal and didn't hear of anyone getting sick.

True, and it was apparently rolling enough that they cancelled several Aqua Theatre Oasis of Dreams shows. Not enough that we could really feel it, but enough to move the water in the pools around.

True, and it was apparently rolling enough that they cancelled several Aqua Theatre Oasis of Dreams shows. Not enough that we could really feel it, but enough to move the water in the pools around.

It probably doesn't take a lot of movement to raise safety concerns for diving shows, also moving water is a powerful thing so even a little sloshing could push the performers in the water about quite a bit.

Hurricane Leslie has been hanging out in the mid Atlantic for over two weeks now (and forecasts say it could continue for another 2). It's currently causing 3-7 foot seas as far away as Florida, the Bahamas, and the other Caribbean Islands.

That will cause issues for any ship.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/leslie-becomes-the-atlantic-basins-newest-hurricane/70006218