Upgrade offers

Badgeaz

I'm 64 days out from embarkation I'm booked on the crown inside cabin front of ship on the riveria deck. I've heard that the cruise lines will sometimes offer upgrades. How soon or how late would this occur. Thanks in advance for answers greatly appreciated

I'm 64 days out from embarkation I'm booked on the crown inside cabin front of ship on the riveria deck. I've heard that the cruise lines will sometimes offer upgrades. How soon or how late would this occur. Thanks in advance for answers greatly appreciated

It's all based on supply and demand. If they are running low on inside cabins for your sailing then they will start calling for "upsell" offers and there isn't really any rhyme or reason to who and how the make the selection for those calls. They normally will call and leave a message if you don't answer and work their way down the list. So, there is always the chance you miss the call and when you call back the offer is no longer available.

Look at it this way...you were fine with the cabin you selected so don't consume yourself with if you will get an upgrade/upsell offer. If you do, that is just icing on the cake! :)

I just got an upsell offer for $189pp on a mexican 10 day, 37 days out from interior to premium balciny

I actually asked the callback agent, he told me there is 4 people in their department that offers upsells on specific ships

Usually they happen around 30 before the sailing when the GTY cabins are assigned and they kinda know their inventory but that's not a hard and fast rule, it depends on vacancies. If you use a TA they will forward the email offer to you, if you book directly with Princess then your email will come from them. It's been my experience the offer comes via email not via phone.

Could really happen at any time. Once you get within 30 days you’ll start getting some offers. By 30 days out they pretty know more or less their final occupancy for the voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sailed last month on an Alaskan cruise. I originally booked an obstructed OV cabin but noticed there were still a few balcony cabins available.

I had sailed many times on princess in the past and always booked through a big box agency. I heard several people getting upsell offers and couldn’t figure out why I had never gotten one. Then, I found out it was because of the travel agency I was using; they just didn’t pass these offers along to their clients. So, I left my booking with Princess .... bingo! I got my offer about a month prior to the sailing and nabbed it. It was a ten night sailing and got an offer to upgrade to a nice midship balcony on the Caribe deck. It was a little more than we wanted to pay for an upgrade but still within reason. It ended up being worth every penny .. mostly because it was Alaska!

Anyway, if you do use a travel agent when booking, you may want to check just to see how they handle these offers if getting the upsell offer is important to you.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an offer. Out of my 23 Princess cruises, I got two complementary upgrades (one great, the other meh), one upsell offer (which I took), and one move-over offer (which I turned down).

Not overwhelmingly good odds. I always figure I'll get precisely what I booked, though open to the occasional pleasant surprise.