Miami Dolphins question

mek

I'm getting off Allure OTS in FLL on 11/4. I had originally thought I would go to the game, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

We are spending the night in FLL and I would like to go to a sports bar to see the game, but if it isn't sold out will the game be blocked in this area?

If it isn't blocked is there are really great sports bar along the beach that would be fun?

Duffy’s Sports Bar is a cool place to watch sports. They are located in the Harbor Shops Shopping Plaza which is just south of 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. There also two other Quarterdeck locations in the area. One is located on Cordova Road in Fort Lauderdale which is just north of 17th Street and the second location is right on the beach in Dania Beach, Florida. The Dania Beach location is five minutes south of Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport.

I don't remember the last time a game was blacked out. I have been watching most dolphins games on since I was 9 years old. So 20-years now, and I don't remember one black out.

The team makes sure it does not get blacked out. I would not be worried about that.

There is a Quarterdeck about 2 blocks from the beach on Las Olas Boulevard. The Dania Beach location is directly on the beach (on a pier), The Cordova Road location is two blocks north of 17th Street, pretty much directly north of the Embassy Suites (though the location is moving to 17th Street at some point).

See http://www.quarterdeck.com.

I never been to Quarterdeck. But food wise I would highly recommend Flannigans. Local chain, have never had a bad meal there. They will be busy and good for a watching a Dolphins game too. Though I will say not as T.V. focused as some larger places like a Quarterdeck.

Flanigan’s and Quarterdeck are cousins. Big Daddy Flanigan had Big Daddy liquor stores and Flanigan’s bars as a major deal. They ran into some trouble and shrunk significantly. Quarterdeck was established by Paul Flanigan and company in the mid-80s.

I never been to Quarterdeck. But food wise I would highly recommend Flannigans. Local chain, have never had a bad meal there. They will be busy and good for a watching a Dolphins game too. Though I will say not as T.V. focused as some larger places like a Quarterdeck.

Totally agree with the Flannigans recommendation, fantastic food. Absolutely love the ribs. And if anyone likes nachos, they are fantastic and you would not believe the size. Great happy hour as well.

I know that he one in Coconut Grove is great to watch football at, especially any of the Florida teams. Always lots of fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I love Duffys!  Great place to watch a game.

FWIW, Bokampers is my favorite sports bar.  The one in Fort Lauderdale is on the Intracoastal Waterway and you can sit outside and still watch hundreds of TVs and watch the boats go by.  Lots of fun.

If you ever get a chance to go to a game, GO!  It's an amazing experience.  We are fortunate to be guests of the stadium quite often and always have so much fun.

Edited by BlueHerons