RC Drink Package

Just wondering if the drink pack is worth it? DH and I mostly drink wine or beer, maybe 4 drinks per day each. We're big water drinkers as well. Do most people purchase the deluxe package? Does anyone know if the cold pressed juices and smoothies from the spa/gym are included?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Forums mobile app

Ice water is included and can be gotten at any bar or eating venue. Coffee and tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast is also included. If you truly only drink 4 alcoholic drinks per day, then the package isn't worth it.

We knew we would drink plenty of bottled water, specialty coffees and juice. So the refreshment package was a no brainer. When the deluxe package came on sale, it was $24 more each, We figured that was 2 drinks a day beyond the water, coffee and juice, so we went for it. Now we don't have to think about it and it is all paid.

We bought it for both upcoming cruises. Hubby is a drinker and these packages brought him back to cruising. I'm not a big drinker but do have a few on vacation. Now we love the coffees and we like bottled water so for us it is worth it even with me drinking minimum alcohol. One of our cruises has the freestyle machines so I will enjoy a soda then but the other does not and I'm not a coke drinker.

I was paranoid at first that I wouldn't break even on my drink package, but I did it with no problem. The drink package was nice because you could easily grab bottles of water from any bar before heading back to the room. We stockpiled a few in the mini fridge and it was nice to always have bottled water available. We drank them, they didn't go to waste. It was also relaxing not to have to sign a receipt for every drink order. They just swipe your card and go. It was worth it for this convenience factor alone.

I got mine on a pre-cruise sale (Buy one drink package get one half off). I would buy it again if it was on sale, but at full price, probably not.

Another consideration to factor in of course is the quantity of days you'll be spending at sea on the cruise, as you'd invariably be drinking more on the ship during those times.

We're on the transatlantic at the end of this month, so the package was a no-brainer, but for say a seven day cruise round the Med with 4-5 stops we wouldn't bother.

We've never had the deluxe package as it just wouldn't brake even for us- we drink the free iced water by the pool during the day and would have 1 glass of wine each with dinner then other drinks here and there.

However, this time we got the deluxe drinks package for 'free' so I'm interested to see how we use it. Whether or not we'll stick to what we usually drink or make the most of it because we have it!

I would factor in how many port days you have vs sea days. The more sea days you're more likely to use the drink package more. Yes juices etc are included in the deluxe package, do some workings out and see if it'll work out for you. I have to admit I'm enjoying the fact I know we have the drinks package for our upcoming cruise and don't have to worry about the bill at the end, although it's never been bad, but I've always been aware of it.

I'm always on the fence about the packages. I've done it all ways, full, refreshment, and no package. I love the freedom of the full package but it's expensive. The refreshment package is a good deal for me at $18 but not at $26 which is the current price for my next cruise. I check every day and will buy if it goes to $18 but we are within a month now and I don't think it's going to happen. So, I will buy a coffee card and do the daily drink specials. I just have to working on not being so cheap when faced with $14 cocktails.

Hi. I'm going to be on b2b cruises on the Adventure. Can i buy a coffee card on the first cruise and then

use it on both cruises?

Probably, but I would confirm when you purchase the card onboard.

"Worth it" can be very subjective as well.

My wife likes specialty coffees/mimosas in the morning and frozen drinks during the day, and if we penciled it out she'd come out ahead. For me, I probably wouldn't. But there is value for me in just making things easier day to day and not having to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise. If my drinks package with tips cost $53, and I only drink $40 worth of alcohol/pop/water a day on average....meh.

We always do it, even with modest drinking you'll break even. Here's kind of where we're at when we buy it:

Regular Day:

1 Frozen Drink by the pool - ~$13

3 Beers throughout the day - ~$21

1 Glass of wine with dinner ~$13

2 Rum & Cokes during a show/whatever - ~ $16

That's $63 in drinks right there which doesn't even take into account bottled water that we stock pile to bring off at ports, or any of the soda we drink through the course of the cruise. Add in 18% tip on each of those alcoholic drinks and your now at ~$75 for a modest day of relaxation and drinking.

If you bought the drink package prior at $44, that comes to around $52/day with gratuities, your saving atleast $19/day on alcohol alone and you're also saving a bit on gratuities. Once again, thats not even taking into account anything besides alcohol.

If you drink more wine than beer I would get package , we like good wine that sometimes exceeds the 12 limit , also if you drink 4 or 5 waters that’s another ten bucks a day. Also depends on price of package I seen it from low 40’s to high 50’s

Just wondering if the drink pack is worth it? DH and I mostly drink wine or beer, maybe 4 drinks per day each. We're big water drinkers as well. Do most people purchase the deluxe package? Does anyone know if the cold pressed juices and smoothies from the spa/gym are included?

Thanks

For me, it’s the convenience of getting what I want, when I want, where I want. It’s not even a money thing as I usually break-even on the drink package or maybe slightly ahead.

As Bob mentioned, beer is between $6.50 –$8.50 interesting domestic is more than imported so expect to pay more for Bud Light then Heineken. Wine is probably $8-$10 per glass Four of each will put you around the $30 mark.

I spent $42 pp/pd on my upcoming cruise, during a recent sale where the package was buy one, get one half off. If you can find a similar deal, it might be worth it especially if you will also be purchasing smoothies, juice drinks and potentially bottles of water. Plus, you can treat yourself to one $13 cocktail per day. :)

As for water, you can get glasses of ice water pretty much anywhere. Or you could lug a case or two onboard the ship. But I like to grab a couple of bottles to have for later, or in the room or to take on shore excursions. I’m not even sure what a bottle of water cost on the ship….maybe $2? But again, it’s more for the convenience.